aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Yeah, fuck it, I agree with that notion.

It's all part of the fun. When I saw the goal, I thought it would be perfectly legitimate because of something I read on that "Be The Ref" or whatever it was called on the BBC Sport website during Euro 2008 with the different scenarios. I'm sure there was something about a second ball landing on the pitch, and the match ball playing the second ball into the goal. That obviously wouldn't count, but I seemed to remember that if the ball hits the back of the net it's a goal, regardless of what it bounces off on the way in (exceptions for hand ball, offside goals, etc obviously).

That be the ref thing was ace. The guardian do the same thing for cricket but unfortunately i don't give a shit about cricket.

The balloon goal was one of the best things to happen in football for a while. I love that shit. I hope supporters of whoever lpool are playing next week start throwing tonnes of beach balls onto the pitch. It certainy lightened up a pretty boring wknd in the prem. I'm undecided on what the ruling should be on it. If the ref didn't see it properly and wasn't 100 percent sure then disallowing the goal would have been a majorly risky move.

Perhaps it's another example of where video replays could come in. I was thinking about how this could work and reckon the best way would be a bit like in tennis... each team has say one challenge to make per match, or even only a few per season. They see a dubious goal go in against them and make a challenge. I'm sure it's a system that's already been considered.

I hope supporters of whoever lpool are playing next week start throwing tonnes of beach balls onto the pitch.

That statement reminds me of this video, bunch of rascals at Macclesfield!

The ref from the Liverpool game now has Peterborough v Scunthorpe for his next game, that'll learn him.

From the referee's angle it looked like it came off the defender's foot, plus it wasn't in slo-mo, and he only got to see it once so he had to make a call.

4th official gets a good go on Andy Gray's slow-mo, magna-doodle all over the screen, multi angle virtual reality toys though, and should have stepped in. Though I'm glad he didn't, because it was a great moment.

Manyoo play them at Anfield on Sunday. Apparently the away support are planning on singing 99 Red Balloons for 90 minutes/until they get bored/start losing.

The only downside was when the guy said "one more goal and it would be the worst Champions League defeat in Rangers history" and you just thought "come on, one more.."

but anyway...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I watched the lpool match. They are in dire straights at the moment. So heavily reliable on Torres and Gerrard its unreal. And it really showed tonight. That Ngog joker would struggle for a game for the Dons. There's not even any 'potential' as there normally is with these young players, he's just plain shite. Benitez taking off Benayoun, the only player who looked capable of nicking a goal, was shocking. It would have maybe been excusble had he put on Babel but fuckin Veronin?! Come on!

Odd night in the champs league. I thought Arsenal would have knocked a few past AZ, Barca got beat by a pub team and as for the rangers match... oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

I think I might request a refund. However, I don't think the 92 minutes that that took out of my life can be refunded.

The most disgusting display. 10 goals in 2 Champions League matches and that might sound exciting... but not when 8 are for the opposition.

And as for Rothen!!!!!! X(

I'd be blaming the Scottish red tops for instilling unjustified confidence due to their 'lucky draw'. After another embarrassing CL campaign from an SPL side, I hope the 2nd Champions League spot is revoked at the end of this term. Perhaps 3rd place in the Eredivisie could be a bit more productive with it.

Saying that. I doubt I could ever tire of watching Rangers be made to look silly on a weekday night.

I'd be blaming the Scottish red tops for instilling unjustified confidence due to their 'lucky draw'. After another embarrassing CL campaign from an SPL side, I hope the 2nd Champions League spot is revoked at the end of this term. Perhaps 3rd place in the Eredivisie could be a bit more productive with it.

Saying that. I doubt I could ever tire of watching Rangers be made to look silly on a weekday night.

Indeed. I always find comfort in the fact that Rangers are being completely humiliated on the biggest possible stage.