aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Giggs was pant shittingly good last night. I thought he was very patchy last season, and he really looked his age against Arsenal earlier this season, but since then, he's been sublime. Goal was flukey, but everything else he did was just great. He should be King. King of the World. King Ryan. I'd have that stubbley blighter on the front of my fivers and tenners all day long.

you gotta respect Giggs, I thought he played very well last night and is still more than capable despite his rapidly advancing years. It looks like Michael Owen is out for at least three weeks, he doesna get much luck - last night was a perfect chance to impress Capello but it has to be said Man Utd looked better when Berbatov came on!

At least Channel Five has retuned on my freeview box and I look forward to Celtic taking on Austria Vienna tonight - won't be easy the austrians were pretty impressive when I watched them play Aston Villa.

Giggs was pant shittingly good last night. I thought he was very patchy last season, and he really looked his age against Arsenal earlier this season, but since then, he's been sublime. Goal was flukey, but everything else he did was just great. He should be King. King of the World. King Ryan. I'd have that stubbley blighter on the front of my fivers and tenners all day long.

Would you carry notes if they had pictures of him with his shirt off that time he scored against Arsenal and looked like he had taped a doormat to his body?

You want this on your fiver? Is that what you want?

076giggs_468x604.jpg

Best thing about Ryan Giggs is that all you ever hear about is his football, and that's it.

He is the quintissential model pro. If there were more top players who had his humble attitude, and just let their football do the talking, the Premiership would be all the richer for it.

Best Premiership player of all time. Period.

Just a shame he plays for Man U.

Would you carry notes if they had pictures of him with his shirt off that time he scored against Arsenal and looked like he had taped a doormat to his body?

You want this on your fiver? Is that what you want?

076giggs_468x604.jpg

Definitely. Look at how manly he is.

Great goal that, too. I don't care about the "but he came on as sub in extra time with fresh legs" rubbish. He simply took the ball, thought to himself "you're all fucking shit, especially you, Keown. This is how its done", skinned everyone and blasted it in. I'd be getting my moobs out n'all if I'd have done the same.

So Madebayor has had his ban for celebrating in front of the Arse fans reduced to a 2-match "suspended ban" and a fine.

Seriously, are bans dealt out from UEFA, the FA or SFA ever actually served in full. It seems like every ban dished out to a top club is reduced to a fraction of the original sentence on appeal.

I wasn't particulary comfortable with Adebayor getting battered by the FA anyway, as I think the fault lay more with the fans, but it's just the complete limp-wristedness of football governing bodies to actually punish people for anything.

Grow some balls you bunch of spineless dicks.

So Madebayor has had his ban for celebrating in front of the Arse fans reduced to a 2-match "suspended ban" and a fine.

Seriously, are bans dealt out from UEFA, the FA or SFA ever actually served in full. It seems like every ban dished out to a top club is reduced to a fraction of the original sentence on appeal.

I wasn't particulary comfortable with Adebayor getting battered by the FA anyway, as I think the fault lay more with the fans, but it's just the complete limp-wristedness of football governing bodies to actually punish people for anything.

Grow some balls you bunch of spineless dicks.

It's ridiculous that he gets a 25k fine and a two match suspended ban, when Gary Neville, who wasn't even fucking playing, got off with doing the same thing against City.

Consistency, please, you bunch of spineless dicks.

It's ridiculous that he gets a 25k fine and a two match suspended ban, when Gary Neville, who wasn't even fucking playing, got off with doing the same thing against City.

Consistency, please, you bunch of spineless dicks.

It wasn't exactly the same thing. Length of the pitch? He was already stood about 15 yards into the half where the City fans were stood, and he didn't get anywhere near the distance Adebayor did. It was nothing like what he did against Liverpool, which he was penalised for.

Gary Neville is a wank though, and he's fucking shit at football.

Scotland squad for the friendly vs Japan next Saturday:

Goalkeepers: Gordon (Sunderland), Langfield (Aberdeen), Marshall (Cardiff).

Defenders: Barr (Falkirk), Berra (Wolves), Caldwell (Celtic), Fox (Celtic), Hutton (Tottenham), McManus (Celtic) Whittaker (Rangers)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom), Fletcher (Manchester United), Maloney (Celtic), Snodgrass (Leeds United), Thomson (Rangers), Wallace (Preston North End),

Forwards: S Fletcher (Burnley), Naismith (Rangers), O'Connor (Birmingham City), Riordan (Hibernian).

Snodgrass is coming up good. He gave Liverpool a torrid time in the Carling Cup, even though they lost. He was great last season too, but played in the shadow of Beckford and Delph. Another player that will possibly get swiped by a bigger club.

Good fight back by Everton last night, away from home too. I've got alot of time for Fulham and Everton in the Uefa. Aston Villa less so, after they took the piss a little last season by playing a second string side in a competition they really could have gone on and won. Still wouldn't mind them having a good run though.

Scotland squad for the friendly vs Japan next Saturday:

Goalkeepers: Gordon (Sunderland), Langfield (Aberdeen), Marshall (Cardiff).

Defenders: Barr (Falkirk), Berra (Wolves), Caldwell (Celtic), Fox (Celtic), Hutton (Tottenham), McManus (Celtic) Whittaker (Rangers)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom), Fletcher (Manchester United), Maloney (Celtic), Snodgrass (Leeds United), Thomson (Rangers), Wallace (Preston North End),

Forwards: S Fletcher (Burnley), Naismith (Rangers), O'Connor (Birmingham City), Riordan (Hibernian).

Bring in McFadden for Wallace and I'd be quite happy with that squad.

Snodgrass is coming up good. He gave Liverpool a torrid time in the Carling Cup, even though they lost. He was great last season too, but played in the shadow of Beckford and Delph. Another player that will possibly get swiped by a bigger club.

Good fight back by Everton last night, away from home too. I've got alot of time for Fulham and Everton in the Uefa. Aston Villa less so, after they took the piss a little last season by playing a second string side in a competition they really could have gone on and won. Still wouldn't mind them having a good run though.

Villa can get fucked as far as I'm concerned. Any manager that deliberately throws a competition, especially after their fans have spent thousands of flying to fucking Russia, not to mention going to all the other matches, deserves no respect. If I was a Villa fan I'd be fucking raging, they had a great chance of winning that cup and he just threw in the towel without even trying. It says a lot about football these days that finishing 4th in the Premiership is more important to a club than winning the UEFA cup. It can't have been a great motivation to his players either, basically saying he doesn't think they have it in them to fight for the cup and hold on to 4th place, it's probably the reason why the had such a terrible end to the season. That decision is up there with Phil Brown bollocking his players on the pitch in terms of sheer stupidty, Martin O'Neill is a cunt and he can fuck off and die in the face. Twice.

I used to really like MON, and I still do a bit, but that decision has tainted his reputation. He had a decent shot at coming 4th, but I still think it was highly unlikely due to his strength in depth, or lack of. Winning the UEFA would have achieved the same accolade as coming 4th as it would have been an automatic bye into the Champions League. I think that achievement alone would have overshadowed whether Villa ended up coming 5th, 6th or 7th as a result of a tired squad. If they'd have won it, or even reached the final, Villa would have been hailed for it, but he made a terrible decision. For shame. It would have been good for English football, considering the amount of homegrown players, and having 5 English teams in the Champions League. O'Neill ballsed that one up.