aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

The Lager cup is great. Academy kids and reserves playing full strength lower-down-the-league sides.

Everton and Spurs games looked good from the highlights. Crouch's backheeled goal was just ridiculous. Awesome.

The Man U/Wolves game was arse. I don't care if Nani can cut inside and twat a decent shot in once every 10 or 15 games. He's shit. He gets about 5 oppertunities to cross everytime he runs along the wing. Cross it now... No a stepover. Cross it now... No, a dummy, cutting back onto your other foot. Cross it now... No, a dummy pass to Neville, now you're back against the byline and you're closed down by the full back and a central midfielder. Bang it off their legs for a corner. No, you've fannied about it knocked it out for a defensive throw in somehow. This happened about 8 times. The kid has got mad potential, but he just hates to play the simple option, like Valencia does. He just out muscles the full back and bangs it in. A proper winger. Nani is a clown.

Wes Brown had a cracking game. A brilliant defender. If he remains fit this season, he should walk into the England squad. He's better than Upson and Lescott a million times over. He's great at Right Back as well, for when Capello eventually realises that Glen Johnson is shit and can't defend. That kid is just a black English Sergio Ramos. Why isn't he just a right winger?

Ruddy hell. You posting that has taught me that TeamTalk.com works on my works exceedingly limited Internet. GLORIOUS!! I've currently been reading the Daily Mirror's football news, which was like reading the offside rule being explained by a woman. A WOMAN! Or something.

It's not as bad as the Guardian's live updates of football matches. They are trying to make it a bit Partridge on the Day Today, but it ends up coming off a little bit "Oh, that's a bad miss" snooker commentary from Mitchell and Webb. Terrible.

Guest Gladstone
The Lager cup is great. Academy kids and reserves playing full strength lower-down-the-league sides.

Everton and Spurs games looked good from the highlights. Crouch's backheeled goal was just ridiculous. Awesome.

The Man U/Wolves game was arse. I don't care if Nani can cut inside and twat a decent shot in once every 10 or 15 games. He's shit. He gets about 5 oppertunities to cross everytime he runs along the wing. Cross it now... No a stepover. Cross it now... No, a dummy, cutting back onto your other foot. Cross it now... No, a dummy pass to Neville, now you're back against the byline and you're closed down by the full back and a central midfielder. Bang it off their legs for a corner. No, you've fannied about it knocked it out for a defensive throw in somehow. This happened about 8 times. The kid has got mad potential, but he just hates to play the simple option, like Valencia does. He just out muscles the full back and bangs it in. A proper winger. Nani is a clown.

Wes Brown had a cracking game. A brilliant defender. If he remains fit this season, he should walk into the England squad. He's better than Upson and Lescott a million times over. He's great at Right Back as well, for when Capello eventually realises that Glen Johnson is shit and can't defend. That kid is just a black English Sergio Ramos. Why isn't he just a right winger?

I thought I was the only one left who still thinks Glen Johnson is pish. My summary of Johsnson's defensive abilities:

• Can't tackle
  • Can't head the ball
  • No positional sense

So why the hell does he play right back? Good going forward, but shite defending. Like Ashley Cole but worse. Ashley Cole does ok at full back because he never gives up and is lightning quick - you have to beat him 8 times in one run to get a cross in, which good right wingers will do, but at least they have to try for it. He's also the best goal-line clearancer the world has ever seen.

I thought I was the only one left who still thinks Glen Johnson is pish. My summary of Johsnson's defensive abilities:

• Can't tackle
  • Can't head the ball
  • No positional sense

So why the hell does he play right back? Good going forward, but shite defending. Like Ashley Cole but worse. Ashley Cole does ok at full back because he never gives up and is lightning quick - you have to beat him 8 times in one run to get a cross in, which good right wingers will do, but at least they have to try for it. He's also the best goal-line clearancer the world has ever seen.

Agreed. He should just be a winger. He'd give Lennon and Wright Phillips a run for their money to get into the England starting 11. Gets into good space and can take his man on. Can't tackle at all though. Always caught out of position at the back, and is a huge defensive liability. Liverpool were very good defensively last season, but they're conceeding alot so far. But they're also missing Alonso, so I'll give them that one... for now.

I do like attacking fullbacks if they can excel at both, like Evra, who is superb. I like Ashley Cole as well. He's got a well timed tackle in him, and knows when to stay back, sometimes.

Ruddy hell. You posting that has taught me that TeamTalk.com works on my works exceedingly limited Internet. GLORIOUS!! I've currently been reading the Daily Mirror's football news, which was like reading the offside rule being explained by a woman. A WOMAN! Or something.

It's not as bad as the Guardian's live updates of football matches. They are trying to make it a bit Partridge on the Day Today, but it ends up coming off a little bit "Oh, that's a bad miss" snooker commentary from Mitchell and Webb. Terrible.

You know what the best thing about teamtalk.com is? It's the pictures they use to accompany the stories. It's as though the web guys are having a bet to see who can slip in the most ridiculous accompanying picture of a footballer before anyone notices. I've posted a few before and they are just ludicrous sometimes.

All of these pictures are taken from articles from today's football news. Why do they have to make the players in the stories look so gormless?

Miller hits out at SPL officials | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

millerkenny800_2356361.jpg

Hamill keen to bounce back against Bairns | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Jamie-Hamill_1868687.jpg

Dons rocked by Grassi injury blow | Aberdeen | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

MarkMcGhee_1237375.jpg

Hart not feeling heat of poor start | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Hart1_2364041.jpg

Gers star desperate to wow Walter | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Walter-Smith-CL-training_2361171.jpg

Cottagers keeping tabs on Pereira | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

MaxiPereira_2364891.jpg

Achille heals talk of Betis departure | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

AchilleEmana_2210334.jpg

TEAMtalk Aston Villa Football News. Latest From Villa Park.

Marlon-Harewood_2336321.jpg

Birmingham City | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Larsson_1258978.jpg

Blackburn Rovers | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Gael-Givet-Blackburn-Rovers-Premier-League-PA_2354975.jpg

Phil Brown needs to stop letting Gok Wan dress him.

brown800_2348008.jpg

I mean really, a pink jumper around the shoulders? Where does he go drinking, St. Elmos Bar?

GAHHHHH. What an absolute wanker that man is - biggest cock in the Premiership without a shadow of a doubt. Fucking midlife crisis arsehole, I bet he drives a convertable and has a segway. Orange Mackem piss weasel.

Quite chuffed with Marlon Harewood joining as he can definitely do a job at this level, even if he does look like one of those little goomba fellas from Super Mario.

harewoodqm9.jpgw531.png

GAHHHHH. What an absolute wanker that man is - biggest cock in the Premiership without a shadow of a doubt. Fucking midlife crisis arsehole, I bet he drives a convertable and has a segway. Orange Mackem piss weasel.

Quite chuffed with Marlon Harewood joining as he can definitely do a job at this level, even if he does look like one of those little goomba fellas from Super Mario.

harewoodqm9.jpgw531.png

:laughing::laughing:

Holy shit, what a great photo