aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Newcastle need to do a shit load of work and seen as though their season starts perilously soon i really think they're going to struggle throughout the season unless they sort it out quick. Their only player of note today, in my opinion, was Damien Duff.

Big Andy had both of your CB's in his back pocket the whole game, he just needs somebody with a bit of pace to feed from his play and not Kevin fucking Nolan...

Cadamarteri did look good, actually. Put himself about and got stuck-in, although it did look like he wanted to nut Ryan Taylor at one point.

It seems that Duff substituted himself at the ref's request after he said something after the penalty. Traditionally, shouldn't that be a red? I know it was only a friendly but if his abuse was that bad, the ref surely needs to take action.

Would have been a shame, admittedly.

Also, I had promised myself the new United top today, and ended up going for the away one. It's rather good.

Big Andy had both of your CB's in his back pocket the whole game, he just needs somebody with a bit of pace to feed from his play and not Kevin fucking Nolan...

Cadamarteri did look good, actually. Put himself about and got stuck-in, although it did look like he wanted to nut Ryan Taylor at one point.

Yeah, i think Andy Carroll has a bit going for him but Dods is (and always has been) woeful and Webster is just getting back to playing so i wouldn't like to judge really. Dods always looks like he's two steps behind the game. Wilkie is an entirely different animal, Carroll would've been his bitch all game long.

That Taylor challenge that was the cause of that was awful though. Both Taylor's looked ok too i guess. Nolan is fucking shit though.

Yeah, i think Andy Carroll has a bit going for him but Dods is (and always has been) woeful and Webster is just getting back to playing so i wouldn't like to judge really. Dods always looks like he's two steps behind the game. Wilkie is an entirely different animal, Carroll would've been his bitch all game long.

That Taylor challenge that was the cause of that was awful though. Both Taylor's looked ok too i guess. Nolan is fucking shit though.

Stevie was pretty shaky in the second half, but I thought he did all right in the second. Ryan Taylor I'm not a big fan of; he looks absolutely terrified whenever he gets the ball and his delivery is rank, and yeah, that tackle was awful.

Thought both of your wingers and Steve Banks (apart from the goal) had good games; I hope Goodwillie isn't your first-choice striker, though. You lads missing a few players through injury? Gomis looked good at points but was quite wasteful. You guys played quite well; I think you'll have a good season.

And yes, Kevin Nolan is utter fucking toilet.

Dods is an accident waiting to happen. I thought on the whole though there were a lot of positives for us. Newcastle on the other hand look like they'll have a long season in the middle of the first division.

Our squad, in it's current state, will finish no higher than mid-table. We desperately need a takeover and a manager.

Rumours flying around that a deal's gonna be completed by Tuesday. I'll believe it when I see it and I always take "in the know" stuff with a pinch of salt, but it's something to get hopeful about in what has been a truly dreadful summer.

I hope Goodwillie isn't your first-choice striker, though. You lads missing a few players through injury?

God no, it'll likely be Sandaza and Cadamarteri .

Missing players-wise: Sandaza, Wilkie, Daly, Casalinuovo. Only really missed Sandaza and Wilkie in my opinion though. Daly is ok on his day when he's fit but i haven't seen enough of Casalinuovo to make a judgment as to whether he'll just be a reserve regular like Andis Shala.

Mihael Kovacevic was very solid today as well, very few of your guys got the better of him and the boy is superb at tackling. He was caught out once with Duff's pace but he had a good game as well. I think Scott Robertson has a lot to offer as well.

I'm really hoping for a top 4 finish this year and i don't think that's unreasonable.

• Upvote 1

Duff's pace

Snigger.

On a serious note I reckon it's probably United's year for third place. They've been threatening it for a few seasons now and it sounds like Levein's made the right signings (once again). In our current state, Aberdeen certainly won't be challenging and even if McGhee does get the right players on board, it will take a bit of time for it all to gel.

Can never right Hearts off, but they're just a total shambles of a football club.

nev, Scott Michie???!? MARE

I like him! Harshly treated by Stewart in his first spell with us, and deserves a second chance.

Stands a better chance of doing a job if we manage to get a creative midfielder though. Or any kind of midfielder, actually.

Laziness is a worry, but I've seen him a few times for Locos over the past couple of years, and he seems more prepared to drop deep and help build attacks than he did first time around...

We've been crying out for a penalty box player for the past two or three years. Now we've got one, it's the rest of the team that's the problem :(

God no, it'll likely be Sandaza and Cadamarteri .

Missing players-wise: Sandaza, Wilkie, Daly, Casalinuovo. Only really missed Sandaza and Wilkie in my opinion though. Daly is ok on his day when he's fit but i haven't seen enough of Casalinuovo to make a judgment as to whether he'll just be a reserve regular like Andis Shala.

Mihael Kovacevic was very solid today as well, very few of your guys got the better of him and the boy is superb at tackling. He was caught out once with Duff's pace but he had a good game as well. I think Scott Robertson has a lot to offer as well.

I'm really hoping for a top 4 finish this year and i don't think that's unreasonable.

how full/empty was Tannadice? Did Newcastle bring many fans with em or was it full of part time Utd "fans"?

how full/empty was Tannadice? Did Newcastle bring many fans with em or was it full of part time Utd "fans"?

We had about 2000 according to the papers.

The United fans that turned up were about as noticeable as a wanker at an Oasis gig, which leads me to believe they probably weren't the regulars...