aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I've been here for 10 days already and am here for another 5, so there's plenty of time for sightseeing!

2-0 Marinos btw, ended up buying a top since they are the same colours as ICT; dead chuffed with it.

1-0 ICT at the moment with Rooooooooney scoring!!

I would love to hear a japanese person say 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle'.

I would love to hear a japanese person say 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle'.

I've heard it a few times this past week, after explaining that there are Scottish teams and players other than Celtic and Nakamura.

Trying to get a Japanese person to say 'Supercaleygoballisticcelticareatrocious' was a wasted effort!!

"Invurenessu Caredonian Tisuru" would be my guess 8-)

I think thats pretty much exactly the phonetics I had in mind. I could listen to that accent all day. Not even in a patronising/racist way, I just like it. Where does that 'uuu' sound at the end of almost any word come from?!

I think thats pretty much exactly the phonetics I had in mind. I could listen to that accent all day. Not even in a patronising/racist way, I just like it. Where does that 'uuu' sound at the end of almost any word come from?!

The "u" is often silent/shwar (sp), so they can knock it off and get close to the original pronunciation. So Inbuaanesu would be just "Inbuaanes".

I thought my mates were taking the piss when I had to say things like 'Biruuu' for beer, 'hot doguuu' for hot dog and Scotlanduuuu for Scotland.

You soon pick it up though. Not many Japanese speak good English from what i've encountered, so I'm mega thankful of having Scots mates here who speak pretty good Japanese.

Just watching some clips of Zhirkov that Chelsea have signed. Cor. He looks incredible, with a left foot that could open a can of beans.

Can't wait for the Premier League to start. Weakened United and Liverpool Squads are going to really open things up. Chelsea were incredible under Hiddink, and probably would have walked the title if he'd have been there from the start. If Arsenal can shape up their squad, then the top 5 places, and the order, are going to be mighty interesting.

FOOTBALL!

Really hoping that St Midden win tomorrow, as it would mean my 20 treble with St Johnstone and ICT has paid off the lost bet to Maxi!

4-0 ICT with Imrie and Sanchez the other scorers :)

Great result for Dunfermline I notice; hope they don't bring that into the first game of the season!

Off to bed as it's 1am here now...

Fucking MAGIC today, trying to think of the last time I saw us score five at Firhill! Should have been more too, Erskine missed a couple of sitters in the last 5/10 minutes. Berwick were alright first half, but totally collapsed after the break (Mark Peat's howler for the third goal was LOL-tastic).

Buchanan is looking in good touch, a clinical strike and composed penalty.

I am happy.

:up::up::up::up::up:

I see Billy Mehmet got his goal allocation for the season today...

Its traditional for Billy to bang them in in this competition early doors. 4 last season v Dumbarton as well :up:

WIllie Hills unbelievably were offering 9/4 on Saints winning both halves this morning... lumped on it and nearly shat myself when they came back from 3-0 to 3-3! Thankfully Billy got my text and nicked one before half time!

Just back from a cracking day out in Dundee with the old man.

First half was pretty gash and the keepers barely got their gloves warmed. Game opened up a little in the second half and I'd say we probably had the better of the play. Barton looked very tidy in the middle and Andy Carroll won everything that came to him up front (Darren Dods really is shite), but Jonas was absolutely useless and couldn't cope with the physicality of the United players. Duff and Enrique went forward very well at times, but our defensive frailties were their fall all to see at times. Stevie Taylor was a rock in the first half but returned to his shaky old self later on, although Tamas Kadar recovered from a dodgy start to have an assured game.

Thought we'd won it at the end but for a great save from Steve Banks (who was otherwise pretty crap). Dundee played some good balls over the top but David Goodwillie was born offside and couldn't time his runs. I didn't see the handball for the first penalty but Harper got down for a great save, although to say the second pen was "soft" would be a gross understatement.

1-1 at full-time, although we probably could've won it. Thought our fans were great from start to finish; didn't stop singing throughout, although I was a little disappointed with the United faithful. I know it's only a pre-season friendly, but at least give us a couple of songs to respond to...

Good day all-round, although we blatantly need a little pace up front. Carroll makes a fine targetman but Nolan (why was he playing up top anyway?!) is an absolute carthorse. Jermaine Beckford please.

I could almost post the same review, just switiching the names to ours! I thought we gave a pretty good account of ourselves, and if we had been a little more composed in the final third we could have had another goal or two. Cadamarteri looked good, Dixon and Conway impressed on the wings and I thought Banks looked excellent.

Thoroughly enjoyed the United game today, 1-1 was a fair scoreline and i was impressed with Cadamarteri (pity he had to come off at half-time), Gomis, Webster and both Dixon and Conway played well too. Goodwillie was utterly frustrating to watch though, i can't fault the lad for his tireless performance in terms of getting stuck in and making runs but as mentioned he seemed to pull offside far too much and he has the first touch of an elephant with rickets.

United are definitely in need of a new keeper though as although Banks would be assured as back up i don't think he's quite up to standard. Could also do with an out and out striker as well, just someone who can operate in a Boyd-style role.

Newcastle need to do a shit load of work and seen as though their season starts perilously soon i really think they're going to struggle throughout the season unless they sort it out quick. Their only player of note today, in my opinion, was Damien Duff.

Pity i'm working Saturday otherwise i'd've gone down for the Blackburn game too.