aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Ah lighten up. He makes it all the more entertaining regardless of if you like him or not. Even if he is a narcissistic pig, at least he's got an ounce of personality. I'd rather listen to Ronaldo waffle on about how much he loves Ronaldo than Steven Gerrard mumbling football cliche's intersperesed by a thousand and a half "yknow's".

Ronaldo is fucking ace.

C'mon, Ronaldo is an utter legend.

YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo interviews himself *Funny* ||HD||

There's also a Sky Sports video where they have clips of dozens of footy fans opinion's on Ronaldo, with a disguised Christiano popping up in the middle in his best Manc accent "He's the best in the world mate".

*found it*

Glad to see there still top class footballers with a bit of personality, and the Premiership is a lot worse off without him.

C'mon, Ronaldo is an utter legend.

YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo interviews himself *Funny* ||HD||

There's also a Sky Sports video where they have clips of dozens of footy fans opinion's on Ronaldo, with a disguised Christiano popping up in the middle in his best Manc accent "He's the best in the world mate".

*found it*

Glad to see there still top class footballers with a bit of personality, and the Premiership is a lot worse off without him.

It really is. I think as a team unit, United are better off without him, but the Premier League will miss him like they still miss Mourinho. Even Chelsea rival fans miss Mourinho, so I'm sure Ronaldo's presence will be missed by many in time.

ICT v. Clach tonight. Not going to make it, but i'll be looking forward to the match reports online tomorrow.

We've got former Montrose keeper Greg Kelly on trial as back up to Ryan Esson and a few Dutch trialists in; but would like to have seen a bit more progress in signing up of players. Got Tokely and Foran suspended for the season opener, so by gum we're needing extra players.

I'll only see the Brechin v. ICT pre-season game this year, down from the 6 or 7 I usually catch. What a part-timer... :down:

jesus fuck the heavens opened at Ely tonight, it was most surreal! a good workout for the lads, the conditions ended up more like a game in November than July! damn good to be at a live match again mind, won comfortably 3-0 but as is the norm with pre season friendlies we had more fun playing 'spot the player' than the game itself!

6-1 win over Clach, with Barrowman getting a hat-trick, Foran grabbing 2 and new signing Cox getting the last goal.

Cox was immense in centre midfield apparently, which is a good sign considering we lost our best player in Ian Black last year. Only 18 as well, so plenty of time to get better.

Couple more midfielders please Butcher, then i'll be happy enough.

Guest idol_wild
Peterhead play the mighty Highland League side Turriff United tonight. Bring on the football!

Turriff are Highland League now? Did that just happen this season?

Edit: Just found out the information I needed.

Glad Dave MacKenzie still plys his trade for Turriff. Quality player. One of the finest I ever saw grace the junior ranks.

6-1 win over Clach, with Barrowman getting a hat-trick, Foran grabbing 2 and new signing Cox getting the last goal.

Cox was immense in centre midfield apparently, which is a good sign considering we lost our best player in Ian Black last year. Only 18 as well, so plenty of time to get better.

Couple more midfielders please Butcher, then i'll be happy enough.

barrowman getting a hat trick? i suppose he must be a loose end since filming the latest series of torchwood! yes i have got my coat....

pre season is great as you have loads of optimism, don't give a shit about the result, away games are cheaper to get into (paid 6 quid last night, actually it was a fiver as i gave over a 20 and they didnt have any change!) and you can have a pint at the touchline (well you can at the east anglian outposts we usually play at our pre season friendlies at!).

come Aug 8th, i turn into that bag of nerves which never leaves me till the final ball of the season has been kicked (barring the improbability we win the league by a country mile with games to spare!)