aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

he didnt really look interested or happy last year, best get the money now whilst everyone still thinks he is the best player around. Fergie will find another one like him he always does.

One of the few admirable traits of his appaling attitude is that even when he's apparently unhappy, he still wants to win. Sometimes this has a bad affect as he gets greedy and tries to prove uneccesary points, but he was essential in the Champions League knockouts. Scored in every round except the final. You can all it luck, or blame the goalkeepers, but the goals against Porto and Arsenal were just mindblowing. How cleanly and powerfully he struck the ball from 40+ yards. If he grew up, and developed his playing mentality, he would be lightyears ahead of counterparts like Kaka and Messi. But he's always going to be letting people down due to him being a child.

It's ridiculous to think that everything to do with Newcastle United is being sold for 100m, and Ronaldo, one player, is costing 80million. Baffling.

How much of this 80mil are they gonna be allowed to spend? Their creditors are probably taking notice of the papers this week. I bet they are gonna be wanting a few quid to keep their debt stable. I reckon they will manage to snatch Valencia from Wigan at least. I can't imagine Real will be as interested now they've possibly got Kaka and Ronaldo. Quite difficult to tell if that is a step backwards. An attitude like Ronaldos is always going to be considered a liability, but he's still ridiculously good regardless. Valencia is an excellent team player with potential world class flair. Could go either way.

One of the few admirable traits of his appaling attitude is that even when he's apparently unhappy, he still wants to win. Sometimes this has a bad affect as he gets greedy and tries to prove uneccesary points, but he was essential in the Champions League knockouts. Scored in every round except the final. You can all it luck, or blame the goalkeepers, but the goals against Porto and Arsenal were just mindblowing. How cleanly and powerfully he struck the ball from 40+ yards. If he grew up, and developed his playing mentality, he would be lightyears ahead of counterparts like Kaka and Messi. But he's always going to be letting people down due to him being a child.

It's ridiculous to think that everything to do with Newcastle United is being sold for 100m, and Ronaldo, one player, is costing 80million. Baffling.

How much of this 80mil are they gonna be allowed to spend? Their creditors are probably taking notice of the papers this week. I bet they are gonna be wanting a few quid to keep their debt stable. I reckon they will manage to snatch Valencia from Wigan at least. I can't imagine Real will be as interested now they've possibly got Kaka and Ronaldo. Quite difficult to tell if that is a step backwards. An attitude like Ronaldos is always going to be considered a liability, but he's still ridiculously good regardless. Valencia is an excellent team player with potential world class flair. Could go either way.

The best part for me is real will still be miles behind Barca next season, they can sign all the superstars in the world but untill they get a whole team they will struggle, i wonder how much boy wonder enjoys sitting 3rd in the league and out the champs league before it gets going. You are right about him, on his day he is almost untouchable but as you say his attitude will always let him down, i honestly feel man u will get on with buisness as usual next season, fergie will rebulid his team, maybe this time around rooney or play a system to get the best out of Berb and they will still challenge for all honours.

The one thing i do worry is, are man u trying to cover some of this debt they have after seeing the state liverpool are in, there is talk of Scholes going, Vidic has been mentioned in the papers, as has berb, ive also read a few stories about Carrick and Park maybe going. Could be a very interesting summer for man u, consider Hargreaves may never play again, Giggs is close to the end as is Van Der Sar, and G Nevile.

I doubt Vidic will go anywhere, after all Man Utd would have to accept any bid before he's allowed to leave and considering they've just made 68m profit on Ronaldo, they really dont need the money do they?

Park is a completely replaceable player.

Hargreaves won't be missed as shown this season.

Scholes is a big wage, but not a first XI player anymore, a bit of investment may be needed unless SAF fancies Gibson to take his place in the squad.

Red Nev can go as far as I can see, Brown, O'Pies and Rafael is plenty cover for RB.

Berbatov will require a substantial bid again to get him shifted and any suitor will have to match or improve his wages to get him to move.

It may be the right time for United to freshen up the squad a bit, and the 80m will go a long way to doing that. The board have already suggested today that all the money will go into the transfer kitty.

Dont know if I can see Fergie splashing out on foreign superstars, its not something he's tended to do with great success in the past. If Fergie is going to spend big (20m + bracket) it will normally be on someone who has proved they can play in the Prem (Rio, Rooney, Berba, Tevez (if the buy) etc) but he's only ever really splashed out on Veron and to an extent Ronaldo/anderson/nani from abroad. Most of his foreign signings have been low key players that he's done hsi homework on and end up being bargains at around the 7-10m mark ie Evra, Vidic, Silvestre (to a point)

Guest idol_wild

Thing is, because Ronaldo has been tagged at 80, clubs will adjust (by that I mean increase) the value of their prized assets, should Manchester United come calling. Silva, Villa, Huntelaar, Ribery and Valencia will all have their values increased because their clubs know just how much Manchester United have in their coffers.

Sure, they are a massive club and one of the richest in the world, but people will now know that there is a likely transfer budget of at least 80m, whereas previously it tended to sit at around the 35m mark.

It'll be interesting to see. :popcorn:

Man U's squad would benefit with a bit of shaking up I think, Neville, Scholes, Giggs and Van Der Sar must be thinking about retiring by now. Ben Foster will take over in goals but Fergie might want to put a big name between the sticks, another Barthez but less mental. I'm still not sure what I make of Kusczak.

I don't really rate Wes Brown or John O'Shea. Brown is a squad player, nothing more. O'Shea is solid enough but not brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie signed a defender. If Scholes and Giggs go it would be an opportunity for Nani and Anderson to really nail down those positions.

Brown had a terrific season last season. The Brown, Rio, Vidic and Evra back four was very very consistent and Browns injury was the only reason they had to chop and change at right back so often. I think next season, he will be alot more prominent, with more than adequate cover in Rafael and, I guess, O'Shea.

Neville simply shouldn't play football again. He's been a huge liability the last few games he's played. Making howling mistakes and blaming other players for it. And he's supposed to be captain? Shocking leadership.

Hargeaves will be missed. He seems optimistic, but he's still going to be fragile if he manages to return. He is very good and very strong. I'd prefer to have Hargreaves Fletcher and Anderson over in the middle over Carrick, if they continue to go with the 4-3-3 thing.

I wonder who'll take over the number 7 shirt. Ronaldo originally didn't want the number 7 shirt due to the expectations that came with it. It will take a special character to keep it going. Possibly Ribery...

If they manage to keep Tevez and gain Ribery, on top of Rooney and Berbatov, they will be the ugliest attacking force on earth.

Guest Gladstone
I wonder who'll take over the number 7 shirt. Ronaldo originally didn't want the number 7 shirt due to the expectations that came with it. It will take a special character to keep it going. Possibly Ribery...

If they manage to keep Tevez and gain Ribery, on top of Rooney and Berbatov, they will be the ugliest attacking force on earth.

Apart from when Charlie Adam partnered Kris Boyd up front.

• Upvote 1

The best part for me is real will still be miles behind Barca next season

I think this is sort of true, but I think Real will run them right to the wire. They've got someone as good as Iniesta in Kaka, as good as Messi in Ronaldo and as good as Eto'o if they manage to get David Villa, and they've still got a very strong squad besides these new imports.

Barca could well dominate European football for the next 2 or 3 years, but if things go Real's way this summer, it won't be as one-sided as you're suggesting. I don't think, anyway

Guest idol_wild
I found it difficult to imagine the 56m+ for Kaka. But this 80m for Ronaldo... what does that kind of money look like?! (and please don't say Ronaldo!!). That's like everyone in Britain have 1m+ each!

It's just totally ridiculous!!

So there are only 80 people in the UK?

Guest idol_wild
Nope, clearly not. So please disregard that comment... but since you've quoted my distinct inability to do any sort of maths I can't change it.

:down:

Apologies. I don't mean to be a wanker - I just comes naturally. :king:

i'll miss his play acting and diving on match of the day! be fucking hilarious if he gets a serious injury in a pre season friendly (not for him but because it would make a mockery of such a ridiculous transfer fee - no player is worth 80 million).

i would imagine united will use the money to fund a permenent deal for tevez though how much of that fee fergie will get who knows, are the glazers not victims of the global credit crunch?

Yeah I've got a 200 hundred in my folks loft!

That quiz tho - got me stumped on a few - got 53/70 so far, its gonna be minimised on my desktop all day tho...

I've got 64/70. The ones that look like Mark Lawrenson and the one that looks like Ruud Van Nistelrooy but aren't are totally annoying me.

I've got 64/70. The ones that look like Mark Lawrenson and the one that looks like Ruud Van Nistelrooy but aren't are totally annoying me.

I'm up to 60 now - The Lawrenson one is annoying as fuck!

Doesnt help that the guy cant spell properly! Mellberg and Zamorano had me for ages as I was convinced - then just mucked about with the spelling until it went green!

36, 40 and 41 are annoying me just now...