aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

John Terry is an idiot. I really can't even picture him in a City shirt, but if he takes that much of a step backwards, then there's something not quite right with his ambitions. I thought his priority would be to get Chelsea back on top. They certainly have the potential. They were awesome under Hiddink towards the end of the season, and it's a shame he couldn't stay.

cambridge united need a new manager since gary brabin has been 'relived of his duties' today (long running arguement between gaffer and chairman over playing budget). never a dull moment down at the abbey stadium has to be said!

Fergie has declared his summer transfer business to be finished. Maybe he knows something about Owen no one else does, but he insists his squad is strong enough going into the new season, despite losing their 2 of their best players.

Looks like the legacy of United's number 7 shirt is over, as Owen has got it. I predicted whichever big-gun was shipped in over the summer would get it, or Valencia. Wrong.

Looks like it might finally be Liverpools year.

Any match report? I'm interested to see who Newcastle had playing.

Newcastle United | nufc.co.uk | News | Latest News | Latest News | Flying Start For Magpies

Just about everyone on the bench got a game, too.

Glad to see Nile "Power" Ranger getting a goal; I think he's going to develop into quite a useful player for us this season. Been absolutely banging them in for the reserves, and he's doing well for the England U19 team.

I still can't see them breaking into the top 4 though, not this season at least.

No chance of that happening for at least a few years. There's more to building a team then spunking fuckwads of money on football players of varying ability levels, but if they get Robinho, Tevez and Santa playing together at the same time they'll be dynamite in the final third.

For my money they now have about ten strikers though. Wouldn't mind Ched Evans at the Toon.

crikey i'd forgotten they still have bellamy and benjani! surely some of them will be shipped out to some of the mid table sides???

i agree that city will struggle to break into the top 4 this season but the transfer window is open for another 6 weeks! it depends if hughes can get them to gel quickly and if the squad stays that big, there's going to be a lot of unhappy bench warmers which doesnt do well for squad morale.

i think hughes is out of his depth and if they arent at least challenging the top 4 come xmas then may well be given the boot.

Top 6 is the aim for City this season, but for christs sake buy some defenders!

Wouldn't like to see the Terry deal come off. No football should be poofy enough to cry over a missed penalty, especially when up to that point they'd seemed like a man's man, a leader of men, a true hero. Basically, Terry's a raging homo and can fuck right off

• Upvote 1

Top 6 is the aim for City this season, but for christs sake buy some defenders!

Wouldn't like to see the Terry deal come off. No football should be poofy enough to cry over a missed penalty, especially when up to that point they'd seemed like a man's man, a leader of men, a true hero. Basically, Terry's a raging homo and can fuck right off

:laughing:

:laughing:

ross. shall we firm up plans for saturday? Shall I drive us to Dundee from Brechin?

Whatever you fancy! I'm cool with a bus through to Dundee if you fancy pre/post match pints.

Dave and I will be heading down to L-Kirk to meet Scorge for gala pints/food, then head to Brechin from there.

Our midfield is decimated by injuries just now, so you might have a tiny chance against us a week on saturday...

Just don't injure Foran pleeease :up:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man City | Man City hold talks over Adebayor

Man City, Real Madrid and Dundee are just taking the piss!

heard that on the news this morning that city were sniffing round an arsenal player, didnt catch who it was mind! jeez another striker? they may score a few next season but given will have his work cut out at the back! i agree about john terry, what a crybaby, thought he was chelsea through and through, then again if your offered a ridiculous contract you can't blame these mercanaries for taking them.

its all very well trying to sign any half decent player with a pulse but what happens if the playboy billionaires get bored in a couple of seasons time???