aberdeen-music

Political debate - Avenged Sevenfold.

berni907

Tacky, corny, metal rehashing. Regurgitated yet modernised glam rock attire over pitiful recycled major key guitar harmonies that have been done a million times before. Predictable "shredding" and double kick, and the br00dal chugs are completely shat on by boyband singalong choruses. It's heavy metal for children. Fucking toilet.

Better?

Yes :princess:

Completely subjective, just like everyone elses opinions in this thread.

You waffled on about folk slagging off bands, and then did so yourself. Where are you not seeing the hypocrisy? It's there.

It's quite remarkable that you seemed to register solely to be some kind of voice of reason but you majorly contradicted yourself in your first post. The anti-music snob rants are equally as tedious as the music snobbery itself. Who really fucking cares?

now that i think about it, i can see how i might seem hypocritical in my posts.

what i actually meant when i was "waffling on about folk slagging bands" was that there seemed to be a ridiculous amount of slagging off going on, without much actual explanation or reasons for it. maybe it's just be, but when someone has a negative view on a band i like to hear their reasons for it so i can decide whether i find their point valid or not. (not that i'm saying my opinion on their opinion actually matters at all. again, that's just me.)

it seems like the older generation of musicians, and even musicians of the same age, are looking down their noses at the younger generation - and while i can appreciate that generally speaking, the younger generation are a bunch of twats with horrific taste in music, this does not apply to everyone - and it just seems a little bit ridiculous to be looking down at them/us, because like it or not they are the future of the music scene and without them you would have no bands to see/play with and no crowds to play to.

also, i'd like to point out that i didn't register to be a "voice of reason". i appreciate that my opinions are no more valid than anyone else on this thread. i registered because i had nothing better to do today than put my opinion in to this thread. i really never intended to come across as thinking that what i thought was any more correct or valid than anyone else on here, mate!

now that i think about it, i can see how i might seem hypocritical in my posts.

what i actually meant when i was "waffling on about folk slagging bands" was that there seemed to be a ridiculous amount of slagging off going on, without much actual explanation or reasons for it. maybe it's just be, but when someone has a negative view on a band i like to hear their reasons for it so i can decide whether i find their point valid or not. (not that i'm saying my opinion on their opinion actually matters at all. again, that's just me.)

it seems like the older generation of musicians, and even musicians of the same age, are looking down their noses at the younger generation - and while i can appreciate that generally speaking, the younger generation are a bunch of twats with horrific taste in music, this does not apply to everyone - and it just seems a little bit ridiculous to be looking down at them/us, because like it or not they are the future of the music scene and without them you would have no bands to see/play with and no crowds to play to.

also, i'd like to point out that i didn't register to be a "voice of reason". i appreciate that my opinions are no more valid than anyone else on this thread. i registered because i had nothing better to do today than put my opinion in to this thread. i really never intended to come across as thinking that what i thought was any more correct or valid than anyone else on here, mate!

Consider the first part of this post, and then consider the first few lines of the second paragraph.

Well if they're "the future of" rather than the current music scene, then they're not really relevant yet. And by the time they are relevant they will probably have matured and be known as the older generation of musicians. And they too will probably laugh at the young kids that come on the internet and get ripped whilst talking about the latest toilet band.

It's all cyclical, and if you're still involved in the musical scene in 5 to 10 years time you'll probably be very aware of this.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Playing lots of notes in a small period of time on a pointy guitar does not equal shit if you use the ability to write songs that are horrendously pap, in my fine opinion.

Old Gold on Nu Metal?

There is no problem with people stating their opinions however simply 'slagging off' and being 'harsh' is not a good way to put across views.

Everyone likes bands that other people would not understand your fascination with but it's better if people respect that you like differnet things etc.

If you want reasonable discussion and logical conjecture, then talk to people in person.

But this is teh fucking INTERWEBZ. Slagging off and being harsh is pretty much why it was invented.

tad harsh man.

We didn't split. i mean, we practiced for a bit, got bored, drummer quit, other guitarist got bored, so i pretty much record shit into my laptop all day now.

Don't take that personally - I was referring to their fans in general. All that care & attention to their hair; the posed photos... homoerotic to the MAX.

Yeah, i guess they do have alot of "emo-homosexual-seventeen-year-olds-appeal" but when watching the live dvd, the majority of people you see in the audience are metal-heads as far as the eye can TELL, but what the fuck man, just cos i like them doesen't make me a gay seventeen year old emo. most bands i like are completely different to avenged. i mostly listen to metallica, maiden, motley crue, satriani, journey, zztop, gnr, new york dolls and such.

Oh Dan. Flip-flopping your views every five years - just like clockwork. You sponge!

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/music-discussion/10071-avenged-sevenfold.html

and this thread has more than doubled in pages, but pages full of hate. haha. wow.

Tell you what, all hail The Bronx!

Scott

I was pleased with the Bronx appreciation in that thread.

To be totally honest I quite liked Avenged Sevenfold back in 2004. Waking the Fallen had some quality tracks on it. I mean, I wouldn't even humour the stuff they do nowadays, but neither would I suddenly get back into them if they released Waking the Fallen MK 2. Tastes change, you move on and all that. Only song I've heard from them in recent times was called Almost Easy, and it was fucking guff (as expected).

I was pleased with the Bronx appreciation in that thread.

To be totally honest I quite liked Avenged Sevenfold back in 2004. Waking the Fallen had some quality tracks on it. I mean, I wouldn't even humour the stuff they do nowadays, but neither would I suddenly get back into them if they released Waking the Fallen MK 2. Tastes change, you move on and all that. Only song I've heard from them in recent times was called Almost Easy, and it was fucking guff (as expected).

Thats because the Bronx are ACE!