aberdeen-music

Political debate - Avenged Sevenfold.

berni907

Sure he'll be arrogant and who wouldn't blame him with guys like you.

I didn't post in this thread until after all of his posts. So unless he predicted exactly what I was going to say, I don't see how you can justify his "arrogance" in this thread due to "guys like me" (which was a comment that was clearly aimed at me).

Point him in a different direction or perhaps get him to check out similar better bands.

But maybe he just likes gash bands like Avenged Sevenfold. And who am I to stop him?

For me to point out better bands would be both patronising and arrogant, as that would be to assume that the bands I like are objectively 'better' than what he likes (even though that clearly is the case because I don't start political debates on Avenged Sevenfold, who are complete toilet, as everyone else has already established in this thread).

I didn't post in this thread until after all of his posts. So unless he predicted exactly what I was going to say, I don't see how you can justify his "arrogance" in this thread due to "guys like me" (which was a comment that was clearly aimed at me).

But maybe he just likes gash bands like Avenged Sevenfold. And who am I to stop him?

For me to point out better bands would be both patronising and arrogant, as that would be to assume that the bands I like are objectively 'better' than what he likes (even though that clearly is the case because I don't start political debates on Avenged Sevenfold, who are complete toilet, as everyone else has already established in this thread).

I meant guys like you again in general, involves everyone.

And anything is remotley better than Avenged Seven Fold.

I'm sorry, but I am unable to cope with your mind-blowing and controversial opinion.

Could you please reconsider before I end up hurling myself off a bridge. Thanks.

I'm struggling too. I've called The Samaritans & have recieved medical from a doctor & therapist but still I'm finding it hard to "deal with it".

Actually I'd go as far as to say they have their moments. The odd riff/groove/intro etc. but together its one clusterfuck of diabolicalness

"Afterlife" is very catchy, and ive allways liked "Second heartbeat" and "Unholy confessions"

The video of second heartbeat on the warped tour 03 dvd is great,

No I don't recall I did. What a funny question. Again his youth shines through his second post being that we would have to deal with that fact he likes the band when clearly no one else does. He's young, he's defending his thoughts and what he likes. Sure he'll be arrogant and who wouldn't blame him with guys like you.

Point him in a different direction or perhaps get him to check out similar better bands.

+1

I think people are being overly harsh on this thread. Everyone likes differnet stuff and there shouldn't be a problem with this.

• Upvote 1

you are an idiot.

Are you still in your band?

Last I heard you broke up because a certain sound engineer told you that you were shit to your face.

We didn't break up. we kicked out our drummer and couldn't find another. It was a terrible gig... very, very bad. didn't show my face in town for months.

there's so much disrespecting going on here, and it's all pretty pathetic. you guys seem to have this idea that you're older and therefor your musical taste is superior. it's unfortunate that you've done a wonderful job of proving that you're still immature pricks and your opinions hold no weight.

how do you expect the music scene to continue growing when you're so obnoxious to the younger people getting involved? i suggest you stop being so pretentious.

i understand that avenged sevenfold are not the BEST band in the world, but they are by no means as shit as you lot are suggesting. they may not be your favourite sort of band, but as musicians you should be able to appreciate their talent. of course they're not flawless, and they could deffinitely do with being a bit heavier - but fucking hell their drummer is one talented son of a bitch.

by the comments on this thread, you'd think it was about bring me the horizon or something equally as shite, not a band that sold out a stadium uk tour...

Your opinion almost held a little bit of weight until you made a hypocrite of yourself with the BMTH comment. Too bad.

a hypocrite? i think not.

i said that you should be able to appreciate talent.

the only member of bmth that had talent has left the band.

(i actually hope he starts a new one because he's a brilliant guitarist, btw.)

the rest of them can just (and no more) manage to strangle some chords out of their guitar and a rythm out of the drums - and don't get me started on that oli shytes. his vocals are horrific.

and not to mention, they write pathetically generic songs.

Completely subjective, just like everyone elses opinions in this thread.

You waffled on about folk slagging off bands, and then did so yourself. Where are you not seeing the hypocrisy? It's there.

It's quite remarkable that you seemed to register solely to be some kind of voice of reason but you majorly contradicted yourself in your first post. The anti-music snob rants are equally as tedious as the music snobbery itself. Who really fucking cares?

Yeah, You wanted opinions. I gave you one. Are you honestly suggesting that a negative opinion isn't as valid as a positive one? Get with the fucking programme. No one is going to bubblewrap it just because you like a band. It goes both ways. A discussion isn't a discussion if everyone is on the same side now is it?

Not that I had anything to discuss. I really do think they are "fucking toilet".

Tacky, corny, metal rehashing. Regurgitated yet modernised glam rock attire over pitiful recycled major key guitar harmonies that have been done a million times before. Predictable "shredding" and double kick, and the br00dal chugs are completely shat on by boyband singalong choruses. It's heavy metal for children. Fucking toilet.

Better?

• Upvote 1

it seems like berni is looking for respect or praise for like a band.

i have to say im on Original Spies side on this one, realy not a fan, never have been never will be. you cant say "i like this band, what do you think?" and then get pissy coz people dont like them, you're more likely to get negative replies than positive ones when you start a post like that