Joan of Arc in Aberdeen???

Stephen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
last bus is at 11. nnnggg. fuck. would probably miss most of joan of arc. :(

Dave, in circumstances like these you always know you're very welcome to crash at mine.

Although I do know how much you love going home and snuggling with the missus every night. That's a service I simply can't and won't replicate.

Dave, in circumstances like these you always know you're very welcome to crash at mine.

Although I do know how much you love going home and snuggling with the missus every night. That's a service I simply can't and won't replicate.

Ahhh, go on. You can be Big Spoon and Dave can be Little Spoon :up:

Guest idol_wild
How many pennies will this be on the door?

RF Scott is offline, so I'll oblige just in case he doesn't get the opportunity to visit again before tonight:

8 on the door.

Guest idol_wild
I was left a little deflated by the elongated set. Wonderswan and Copy Haho were brilliant though.

Quoted for truth. Both magnificent.

I thought Love of Everything were really good also. Though the girl's contribution was merely aesthetic. Not that I have a problem with that in any way at all, of course.

I thought Love of Everything were really good also. Though the girl's contribution was merely aesthetic. Not that I have a problem with that in any way at all, of course.

Yeah, Love of Everything was probably my favourite, but I can't comment whether I would have enjoyed it as much if his wife wasn't there, she was lovely though, as were the tunes. Came home and listened to them and they were just as good. The bits where he was getting himself sorted didn't really bother me that much. Some of the guitar parts were real good.

Haho were great despite the obvious quiet vocals. Enjoyed them more this time than in Moshulu. Quite a crowd they pull now! Wonderswan didn't sit quite right with me unfortunately, too many guitar solos, not enough enthusiam... i dunno. Prefer them on record.

I enjoyed the first about set and a quarters worth of JoA songs, but i got more tired and their songs got more confusing/self indulgent. I went home and unpicked the whole members of Cap'n Jazz thing coz I was confused. Tim Kinsella though.... whoah! I wish he did more dancing.

Thanksss for coming if you did! Genuinely appreciated. Was really great to see people being respectful and attentive from the start, too - Wonderswan definitely appreciated it!

Tim from Joan of Arc was saying that the turnout last night was more than all their previous Scottish shows put together - think they've been over three or four times previous to this. They were all really into the show (which I guess is evident from how long their set was...) and were very complimentary about Aberdeen and the show. So, thanks!

great show, enjoyed all the bands very much. love of everything reminded me of a stripped down weakerthans and were probably the band of the night for me. what copy haho song has the lyric "we've been running in the wrong directions", because that tune is beast?

good to see a healthy turnout too, was losing faith in aberdeen crowds but it was pleasant to see everyone having a good time.

great show, enjoyed all the bands very much. love of everything reminded me of a stripped down weakerthans and were probably the band of the night for me. what copy haho song has the lyric "we've been running in the wrong directions", because that tune is beast?

good to see a healthy turnout too, was losing faith in aberdeen crowds but it was pleasant to see everyone having a good time.

that's a new song without a name!

Wonderswan were pretty good. The opener was brilliant though it all got a bit samey by the end.

I didn't like Love of Everything at all to start with. Just seemed like fragments of songs being casually performed on stage and a little too meandering, though since the song with the syncopated drums they grew on me and I enjoyed the set by the end. The girl was so beautiful I couldn't look at her for fear of making eye contact with her. Though she had minimum input whatsoever but as has been said by others, I didn't care.

Copy Haho were fucking fantastic. The new songs were brilliant. Really tight and thoroughly enjoyed all of the set. New song (s?) were amazing. The one with "we've been running in the wrong direction" was catchy as fuck. One listen and I can't get it out of my head.

I thought Joan of Arc were fucking awful, though. Hadn't heard them before and I guess I just didn't understand their appeal whatsoever. The singer's stage banter was pretty good and they weren't without their moments but the set was like a bloody marathon and just downright boring by the end. And some idiot pillhead in the front row was pissing me off no end.

Wonderswan were pretty good. The opener was brilliant though it all got a bit samey by the end.

I didn't like Love of Everything at all to start with. Just seemed like fragments of songs being casually performed on stage and a little too meandering, though since the song with the syncopated drums they grew on me and I enjoyed the set by the end. The girl was so beautiful I couldn't look at her for fear of making eye contact with her. Though she had minimum input whatsoever but as has been said by others, I didn't care.

Copy Haho were fucking fantastic. The new songs were brilliant. Really tight and thoroughly enjoyed all of the set. New song (s?) were amazing. The one with "we've been running in the wrong direction" was catchy as fuck. One listen and I can't get it out of my head.

I thought Joan of Arc were fucking awful, though. Hadn't heard them before and I guess I just didn't understand their appeal whatsoever. The singer's stage banter was pretty good and they weren't without their moments but the set was like a bloody marathon and just downright boring by the end. And some idiot pillhead in the front row was pissing me off no end.

That 'idiot pillhead' was a (non pilled up) friend who is, safe to say, the biggest Joan of Arc/Tim Kinsella fan I've ever met. He paid for a train and hotel (lives in Glasgow) in order to get to the show.

Oh, and there was just one new copy haho song last night, which is the one you compliment! (thanks)