aberdeen-music

Formula One 2009

Bigsby

what would anyone do differently tho? My thought always was he let him back infront so therefor he did all he could surely with Massa getting back past him he would have been going faster than him so any speed advantage Hamilton may have had was lost. How far behind would he have had to let himself get before there was no advantage?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the News Of The World.....Hamilton is meant to be raging with Ron Dennis

I thought Ron Dennis stood down and Martin Whitmarsh took over as McLaren Team Principle, so presumably the News of The World is publishing its usual bullshit. Unless I'm greatly mistaken and Ron Dennis is still involved on the pit wall and makes decisions regarding team tactics and shit like that.

well it's turning out to a be a real ding dong of a battle between two titans in their fields, one team has the upper hand then the momentum shifts seamlessly to the other, this is going to be "nip and tuck" all the way, i can see this one going to the wire!! who could possibly predict who will come out on top by the end of the season...

i am, of course talking about the battle for last place in the championship, currently being slugged out between ferrari and force india...

Good race yesterday like. I don't like rain races because it isn't really in the spirit of the sport when the cars are only going at half speed, in an environment they aren't built for and watched them sliding all over the place can be a bit farcical. Though it does certainly mix things up a bit and let the guys in the smaller teams get a chance to show what they can do. Congrats to Vettel, though I was hoping to see Webber take the top step. I think he's a top driver who really could put his stamp on the sport if he was at one of the big teams (though on this years showing so far he'd be better staying at Red Bull!)

• 3 weeks later...
I just saw that too. To be honest, they've done nothing worthy for the sport in recent times anyway..

have we been watching the same sport? they missed out on the drivers championship by a point last year, have won the drivers 7 times out of the last eleven years, what exactly would constitue the "something worthy" refered to?

They're almost certainly the team with the most supporters around the globe.

Commercially, it would be a disaster if they pulled out.

as a card/ piece of scaffolding/ carrying member of the tifosi i would have to agree...

from an objective point of view they have the longest history in the sport, including legends like villeneuve, ascari, lauda, prost etc etc... at the wheel

equally, it would look pretty poor if they were to quit while languishing at the bottom of the championship as the are now.

have we been watching the same sport? they missed out on the drivers championship by a point last year, have won the drivers 7 times out of the last eleven years, what exactly would constitue the "something worthy" refered to?

6 times. 5 of those from Michael Schumacher. Dull.

They have the FIA wrapped round their finger and it wouldn't surprise me if the new rule was a 40 million cap for all teams with Ferrari being allowed to spend whatever they want yet still have the advantages as if they were within budget. :down:

6 times. 5 of those from Michael Schumacher. Dull.

They have the FIA wrapped round their finger and it wouldn't surprise me if the new rule was a 40 million cap for all teams with Ferrari being allowed to spend whatever they want yet still have the advantages as if they were within budget. :down:

Schumacher was a fantastic driver. So what? Do you hate watching the big four clubs in the English Prem as well?

Sorry, I forgot I had to like Ferrari and Schumacher because you said so. My bad.

You were assuming that because you think Schumacher is a "fantastic driver" that everyone likes him.

So you quiet down with your useless comments. thankyouplz.kbye.

You don't win the drivers championship 5 times without being a fantastic driver. I never said you had to like him you fucking spanner but you have to respect his ability for winning it that many times. I'd rather watch the best drivers in the world than not having one of the best there because you don't like him.

What was useless about it?