aberdeen-music

Formula One 2009

Bigsby

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again a race is decided in the stewards room instead of the track. Farcical.

What I think happened initially was Trulli slid wide under the waved yellows and Hamilton passed him, which he wasn't allowd to do, but he couldn't really help it cos Trulli had gone wide. so Hamilton pulled over and let Trulli re-take the position, however because it was still under waved yellows, Trulli got penalised. I don't know what this new evidence is.

The whole thing is bit of a joke, the weekend has been completely marred with stupid rule changes and penalities like the Toyota's having to start from the back even though the FIA said their car was legal. Remember, Button and Barrichello might still get disqualified yet. This whole clusterfuck is hardly a good advert for the sport.

they hate Mclaren simple as, they will do what ever they can to screw them over because they caught them cheating. This will continue to happen for a while yet i would imagine.

Sorry Milner, but that's utter bullshit. Give me one scrap of evidence to back that up. If anything, 90% of the time it's the big teams eg Ferrari and McLaren that get their way.

I'd agree, McLaren have totally been fucked up the arse, ungreased, at every opportunity by the FIA since that cheating stuff.

serves them right in a way for cheating in the first place, but surely its clear as day that the FIA have a problem with McLaren and like to see them fail especially if they have given the little nudge off the end.

serves them right in a way for cheating in the first place, but surely its clear as day that the FIA have a problem with McLaren and like to see them fail especially if they have given the little nudge off the end.

They got their punishment ($100 million or something plus chucked out of the championship), that should have been the end of it.

They got their punishment ($100 million or something plus chucked out of the championship), that should have been the end of it.

yeah your right but it will consistanly look bad on them for a number of years and the FIA dont seem to forget things very quickly.

Elwood there is plenty of evidence to support this google it yourself and see, im not the only one who thinks this either.

i disagree i think hamilton is doing very well with a poor car. (compared to the Braun, Williams, Toyota and even BMW)

In qualifying he doesn't have the time (no pun intended) to "race" his way to the front. And so doesn't get good positions. But on race day, he proves what a good racer he really is and in both races so far has consistently caught up a bunch of places throughout the race.

As for the disqualification in the Australian GP the results of this have been made public but aren't on here so in summary:

Trulli ran wide whilst under waved yellows.

Hamilton had no option to overtake. (what was he going to do? stop entirely?)

But unsure if what he did was legal, asked over the radio if he should let trulli past.

Unsure, Dave Ryan advised Hamilton to let Trulli passed. - Not knowing that Trulli had actually gone off the track due to driver error. (Hamilton was perfectly within his rights to keep his position.)

Regardless, Trulli went back passed.

Had this been the end of it, and Hamilton/Ryan been honest about what was said over the radio, then race officials would have switched the results because Hamilton had let Trulli back past when he didn't need to. (so effectively Trulli passed Hamilton under the safety car)

BUT under the investigation, Dave Ryan told race officials that he never told Hamilton to let Trulli past. And Hamilton, being young (and I suspect, didn't want to let his boss down by not agreeing with him) agreed that this was the case. Race officials got hold of the radio transcripts, realised that Ryan and Hamilton had lied so gave them the boot.

In a nut shell.

but back on topic, great racing so far this year! Looking forward to the rest of the season and I hope this rear diffuser situation gets sorted out quickly because as someone else pointed out (forget who, sorry) it reflects bad on the sport when there are constant legal/rule issues being contested off the track.

Also, I'm glad the fatal video links have stopped. Not what I read this thread for and I for one have no interest in seeing anyone die. That's just my opinion though. The differences between the cars of today and a few years ago can quite easily be pointed out without the need to view (and get entertainment from) someone dying.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the News Of The World, McLaren are going to be banned for a few races and possibly thrown out of the championship. Hamilton is meant to be raging with Ron Dennis for asking him to lie and is considering walking away from McLaren (they claim he has a clause in his contract meaning he can get out of it if they "tarnish his image as a sportsperson". And if he does he'll move to one of the other Mercedes powered teams, with Brawn being the top candidate.

The very fact that this was in the News Of The World and they had no quotes from anyone connected with either McLaren or Hamilton makes me 99% sure it's made up, but still there is a possibilty.

Beginning to see the argument for the FIA holding a grudge against McLaren. As I mentioned before I've only really been a casual observer over the past few seasons, was there some kind of incident at Spa last year?

my take on it is they want them out after the ferrari thing last season but have not been legaly or maybe fianacially able to do it, they will pick on anything they do wrong this season and hammer them for it. Although they are not helping their own cause with the lying and such like. Mclaren are really struggling this year as are Ferrari hence why they are complaining about Brawn, they know he has helped design a better car than they have and they are going to struggle to catch up unless they improve very quickly.

i disagree i think hamilton is doing very well with a poor car. (compared to the Braun, Williams, Toyota and even BMW)

In qualifying he doesn't have the time (no pun intended) to "race" his way to the front. And so doesn't get good positions. But on race day, he proves what a good racer he really is and in both races so far has consistently caught up a bunch of places throughout the race.

As for the disqualification in the Australian GP the results of this have been made public but aren't on here so in summary:

Trulli ran wide whilst under waved yellows.

Hamilton had no option to overtake. (what was he going to do? stop entirely?)

But unsure if what he did was legal, asked over the radio if he should let trulli past.

Unsure, Dave Ryan advised Hamilton to let Trulli passed. - Not knowing that Trulli had actually gone off the track due to driver error. (Hamilton was perfectly within his rights to keep his position.)

Regardless, Trulli went back passed.

Had this been the end of it, and Hamilton/Ryan been honest about what was said over the radio, then race officials would have switched the results because Hamilton had let Trulli back past when he didn't need to. (so effectively Trulli passed Hamilton under the safety car)

BUT under the investigation, Dave Ryan told race officials that he never told Hamilton to let Trulli past. And Hamilton, being young (and I suspect, didn't want to let his boss down by not agreeing with him) agreed that this was the case. Race officials got hold of the radio transcripts, realised that Ryan and Hamilton had lied so gave them the boot.

In a nut shell.

There's a video explaining it all here, with on board cameras and the team radio transmissions.

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | McLaren face FIA 'lying' inquiry

Beginning to see the argument for the FIA holding a grudge against McLaren. As I mentioned before I've only really been a casual observer over the past few seasons, was there some kind of incident at Spa last year?

Basically, Hamilton was given a 25-second penalty for cutting the Bus Stop chicane during his battle for the lead with Raikkonen during the closing laps. He tried to go round the outside but was cut off and he had to veer off otherwise he would of hit him i reckon.....anyway, it ended up eventually handing Massa the race. Even though Hamilton gave him the spot back (even if it was ever so slightly) he got by him by cutting the chicane.

You can see for yourself, the incident.

YouTube - L.Hamilton vs K.Raikkonen - Belgium Grand Prix 2008

i always thought he got very little advantage from that if even any, they were both pretty much level before the corner and hamilton let him back through after just that he had a faster car overall and was able to retake him a few seconds later, but after Mclaren were caught cheating there was no way they would let him away with something like that.

Basically, Hamilton was given a 25-second penalty for cutting the Bus Stop chicane during his battle for the lead with Raikkonen during the closing laps. He tried to go round the outside but was cut off and he had to veer off otherwise he would of hit him i reckon.....anyway, it ended up eventually handing Massa the race. Even though Hamilton gave him the spot back (even if it was ever so slightly) he got by him by cutting the chicane.

You can see for yourself, the incident.

YouTube - L.Hamilton vs K.Raikkonen - Belgium Grand Prix 2008

Damn that looks like an exciting race! I'm sorry I missed that one (though it might just be the excitable Spanish commentators).

In the incident right at the start of the clip it looks as though Hamilton yielded the position after cutting the chicane, however when he passed again at the next corner it was because he had more speed in the straight BECAUSE he had cut the chicane. He was able to get on the gas quicker. So although he did yield, he did still gain advantage from it. It's what it looks like to me anyway.

Damn that looks like an exciting race! I'm sorry I missed that one (though it might just be the excitable Spanish commentators).

In the incident right at the start of the clip it looks as though Hamilton yielded the position after cutting the chicane, however when he passed again at the next corner it was because he had more speed in the straight BECAUSE he had cut the chicane. He was able to get on the gas quicker. So although he did yield, he did still gain advantage from it. It's what it looks like to me anyway.

That was a great race. Was a pile of wank that hamilton got punished, Raikkonen just couldn't drive in the fucking rain.