aberdeen-music

Formula One 2009

Bigsby

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
The last few laps of that race were, unquestionably, the most exciting sporting event I have ever witnessed. To go from being the world champion, to not, to getting the required place again right in the very last corner in the pouring rain with cars spinning off was amazing.

Fuck, I'd forgotten about that. I too lost interest in F1 a few years ago, but have kept an eye on it with the emergence of Lewis Hamilton. I watched most of the final race, and the last few laps were just brilliant!!

I still laugh at this post as one of the most ridiculous and over the top ever, what a knob:

To you and all the other Button haters....dont take this too personally...but

:finger:

UP yours....

:woohoo: Best race of the season so far.

G...

He's still waiting for another win, three years later, but let's hope he puts that right on Sunday. :up:

Here's another shit Button-related prediction

One think I've been thinking of today is that there are going to be two very desirable seats up for grabs next year, with Alonso vacating at Renault, and Schumacher possibly retiring, I wouldn't be surprised to see Button lineup in a Ferrari next year.

Given it came from Bernie, what are the odds of it actually happening?

He's also said this after Ferrari and McLaren threatened not to go to Australia:

If they come in here with a gun and hold it to my head' date=' they had better be sure they can f***ing pull the trigger, he asserted. And they should make sure it's got bullets in it, because if they miss, they'd better look out.[/quote']

The man's a fucking bell end.

The man's a fucking bell end.

Yep. Would love to do the sportsman's double on his women though!

Actually looking forward to the first half of the season for a change, until the teams with the biggest budgets spend their way back towards the front, this could be fun....

I'm getting prepped for the new season by reading all the old season reviews on Wiki and watching highlights on Youtube. :up:

Though I did just watch Alex Zanardi's horrible crash where he got both his legs ripped off in the accident. Horrible. When you see this picture of the aftermath and the big gaping hole where his legs ought to be you can kinda see why.

zanardi-crash.jpg

The cockpit actually snapped in half.

69688.jpg

He's still fucking racing as well, the mad bastard.

prosth4.jpg

Gadz. I could have done without seeing those pics of mangled leg flying through the air. Just goes to show how much effort was put into safety improvements in F1 after the Senna/Ratzenberger accidents that the yanks didn't bother with.

I used to watch the CART stuff on Eurosport and I remember watching a crash where somebody died live on air. His car was just smashed into little bits, I knew instantly that there was no way anybody was coming out of it alive. Can't remember the dude's name now, sadly.

Dunno if I want to watch that, Zanardi's crash video was enough for one day. Though I watched Ratzenberger's as well, thankfully most of it is obscured behind a fence so you dont really see the impact. There's a horrible video of Barrichello crashing on that same weekend as well in practice, he was lucky to walk away from it was a real horror. That was a bad weekend.

Edit - Here it is. The scary bit is the way his head get's thrown around.

Though as you say there's been some sickening crashes in the last few years (Hakkinen's tyre blow-out, Kubica, Hamilton etc) and they've walked away with cuts and bruises, just shows how much work has been done in making it safer. That cockpit is like a bullet, it just won't come apart, plus they have the roll bar thing, and the HANS systems, and all the wheels stay on and don't go bouncing across the track.

Who was it who got mounted at the first corner a couple years ago and the guy's back wheel missed his head by like 2 inches?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Found it, Greg Moore in 1999, just 24. :(

Holy shit - he didn't stand a chance.

Remember the one where the car flew up over the finish flag - think it was Formula 2 or 3 probably about 7/8 years ago. Think the driver was fine after that one but it was mental!

Gadz. I could have done without seeing those pics of mangled leg flying through the air. Just goes to show how much effort was put into safety improvements in F1 after the Senna/Ratzenberger accidents that the yanks didn't bother with.

There's a horrible video on Youtube which shows the front of the car just as it comes to rest. You can see Zanardi trying to move his legs and it's just stumps moving around.

YouTube - Zanardi's crash at Lausitzring 2001

Slow motion of the Zanardi crash:

I'm getting prepped for the new season by reading all the old season reviews on Wiki and watching highlights on Youtube. :up:

Though I did just watch Alex Zanardi's horrible crash where he got both his legs ripped off in the accident. Horrible. When you see this picture of the aftermath and the big gaping hole where his legs ought to be you can kinda see why.

zanardi-crash.jpg

if my memory serves me right eddie cheever had a very similar accident in detriot(?- not sure, definitely usa though) where quite literally walked out of the car (just sat up and walked forward, not climbing out of the cockpit) unscathed.

just plain luck. a year later we lost Gilles Villeneuve, Didier Pironi, Ricardo Palletti.

changed days thankfully. I thought kubica's crash in montreal was going to be fatal, that really brought home the improvements.

crazy to think that the unprotected human skull is good for impacts up to around seven mph...

The worst crash I've ever seen I think is Gilles Villeneuve's - it's awful.

After the car somersaults (off camera) it's nose digs into the ground. Villeneueve is thrown from the car at around 100mph, minus his helmet which fell off, and his body hits a fence. he just looks like a crumped heap.

YouTube - Gilles Villeneuve

YouTube - Gilles Villeneuve 1982

And how the fuck Niki Lauda walked away from this crash I'll never know.

YouTube - Niki lauda crash nurburgring 1976

Probably the worst crash in recent history:

YouTube - Robert Kubica's Crash in Montreal 2007

Loads of bad crashes here - all fatalities.

YouTube - Acidentes Fatais F1

This thread has gotten quite harrowing.

if my memory serves me right eddie cheever had a very similar accident in detriot(?- not sure, definitely usa though) where quite literally walked out of the car (just sat up and walked forward, not climbing out of the cockpit) unscathed.

just plain luck. a year later we lost Gilles Villeneuve, Didier Pironi, Ricardo Palletti.

changed days thankfully. I thought kubica's crash in montreal was going to be fatal, that really brought home the improvements.

crazy to think that the unprotected human skull is good for impacts up to around seven mph...

Was Paletti the guy who's car burst in to flames on the grid and he was trapped in it?