aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Haha yeah it is. There's still plenty time for a single P90 strat though.

I'm tempted to give it a go in the new year. Probably just buy a fat strat with a HSS set up, get rid of everything in it, and put in a HB sized humbucker and one volume knob. It would probably just end up looking like that Blink182 signature Strat, but without the dogshit Invader pickup in it.

I'm tempted to give it a go in the new year. Probably just buy a fat strat with a HSS set up, get rid of everything in it, and put in a HB sized humbucker and one volume knob. It would probably just end up looking like that Blink182 signature Strat, but without the dogshit Invader pickup in it.

My mate has a Tom Delonge strat and it is one of the worst sounding guitars I've ever played. It's lovely guitar to play but the sound is horrible. Piercing high end and well too bright for me. That guitar is kinda the reason I opted out of the single pickup idea.

Aren't neck pickups the same, but usually lower output?

If the pickups have poles rather than blades then you'll notice that the spacing between them on the neck pickup is different to that of the bridge pickup.

The internals can also be different like you suggest, yielding different output characteristics.

Regarding Dime flipping his Bill Lawrence (& in latter days the Dimebucker), it would reposition the hotter blade, giving a different sound. I don't know how much of a difference there is with the 2 blades though. In saying that, I do have a Dime guitar with said BL pickup so I may try it and see if there is actually any noticeable change.