aberdeen-music

Punk Rock

waltz

The only other Firefly band I know of is Scuttle. They played at the first DIY gig I ever went to, which I'm pretty sure Consumed headlined. I don't think I liked them.

Oh, and Nathaniel Green, who I have an ultimate soft spot for, despite being a bit corny.

weren't the copperpot journals on firefly recordings?

They were a fucking great band.

Urgh. We were called Bike Ride Radio. I was 16 and had been playing guitar for about 6 months when we started. Luckily it was before Myspace and such, so no recordings of us exist anymore. Good!

I have a bunch of old tapes lying around somewhere with some of my old bands on it from my teenage years. We were routinely terrible. One of them sounded like Bon Jovi meets Guns N Roses. We decided an interesting gimmick would be to play under a different name every time we played. Unfortunately we forgot to tell anybody about this, so every time we advertised a gig no-one knew who we were. Not that it made much of a difference to the size of the crowds. Our final gig started badly when our drummer quit the day before the gig, so our bassist had to play the drums, my mate who didn't know the songs played bass, our guitarist's amp broke 3 songs into the set, and I had some kind of weird emotional breakdown brought on by Grouse and ended up lying on the floor crying. During the gig.

Good times! :up:

hahahaha. Gutted.

You got any It's Broken stuff lying around?

Only what's on the Myspace, I think. And a spare copy of the split tape we did with Owl Of Justice at home (ex Jupiter Lander and We Are Corpses doing ridiculous powerviolence).

myspace.com/itsfuckingbroken - the only song I can listen to without cringing is 'We Did It All For Darwin'

I have a bunch of old tapes lying around somewhere with some of my old bands on it from my teenage years. We were routinely terrible. One of them sounded like Bon Jovi meets Guns N Roses. We decided an interesting gimmick would be to play under a different name every time we played. Unfortunately we forgot to tell anybody about this, so every time we advertised a gig no-one knew who we were. Not that it made much of a difference to the size of the crowds.

Teenagers shouldn't be allowed to be in bands. Our cases are further proof of this.

I don't have many myself. Bike Ride Radio wasn't an embarassing name as such. 'Holy Crap! My Face!' and 'The John Ritter Wrestling Squad' were names I didn't really enjoy telling my mum and dad about though.

Yeah. Telling my grandmother about 36DD wasn't easy.

How are John Ritter and wrestling linked? I don't get it.