aberdeen-music

Punk Rock

waltz

B&T are pretty ace. Not really digging the album much. It doesn't help that it sounds like it was recorded in a toilet, and everything clips real bad at headphone volume. The first EP/7" thing is boss though. Love the vocals and the fiddely lead guitar. It's fiddely without being too rigid and stoppystarty. Digging!

Thousandaires are also awesome. It's one part B&T and one part Get Bent, sounding surprisingly like a nice mix of the two.

back on topic:

Jawbreaker

Early Recover were great, not punk, but worth checking out

Perth Express (Especially "Harrow And Wealdstone"

You may even did some of the earlier Magrudergrind stuff, just great straight up brutality.

THe earliest Magrudergrind stuff ain't nothing special. I suggest getting a hold of "62 trax of thrash" for a good introduction to MG. It's fucking amazing.

Planes Mistaken For Stars...end of discussion.

Fucking brilliant.

Planes are a strange band. Every release is completely different. I didn't like the first record, even though I like soppy post-hc, it was a bit too slick and soft. They really nailed it with Knife in the Marathon and Fuck With Fire. Then they just ended up being pure filthy Sabbath worship who refused to play old songs.

Planes are a strange band. Every release is completely different. I didn't like the first record, even though I like soppy post-hc, it was a bit too slick and soft. They really nailed it with Knife in the Marathon and Fuck With Fire. Then they just ended up being pure filthy Sabbath worship who refused to play old songs.

yeah my favourite thing they ever did was Fuck With Fire, but thats closely followed by Up In Them Guts which again, is just "knock you on your ass" brilliant.

I want to be in a band like PMFS, that would be swell.

I really didn't like Up In Them Guts. Really liked the one after that, which was similar but just seemed to have a bit more going for it.

Fuck With Fire is my favourite. Knife in the Marathon would be, but it's just too short.

fucking fight is great too, but again, just too short.

The follow up "Mercy", like you say, was great as well. I just love this band a lot.

I just got back into listening to ZAO. Fucking ace. The Splinter Shards the Birth of Seperation is amazing.

Despite the evangelical lyrics that is...

lies, deprication of self.

moral demise.

the corporate machine of america.

"in god we trust"

statement of political banter.

plastic words for a plastic nation.

bred to live the american dream.

elderly parents in institutions.

billions of dollars for the promotion of

cutting edge abortionary practices.

prayer in schools has been replaced with condoms.

the value of quality family time has regressed

to the television's filth and sexual innuendo.

repressed.

our forefathers established this nation,

under the grace of God.

in all his provisions.

why we are so richly blessed.

our Father,

deliver us.

I just got back into listening to ZAO. Fucking ace. The Splinter Shards the Birth of Seperation is amazing.

Despite the evangelical lyrics that is...

lies, deprication of self.

moral demise.

the corporate machine of america.

"in god we trust"

statement of political banter.

plastic words for a plastic nation.

bred to live the american dream.

elderly parents in institutions.

billions of dollars for the promotion of

cutting edge abortionary practices.

prayer in schools has been replaced with condoms.

the value of quality family time has regressed

to the television's filth and sexual innuendo.

repressed.

our forefathers established this nation,

under the grace of God.

in all his provisions.

why we are so richly blessed.

our Father,

deliver us.

thats one band i never got in to. Don't know why, they apparently influenced a lot of the bands i was into a few years back, but whenever I listened to Zao, I could never pick out exactly why they were an influence.

thats one band i never got in to. Don't know why, they apparently influenced a lot of the bands i was into a few years back, but whenever I listened to Zao, I could never pick out exactly why they were an influence.
Listening back to Where Blood and Fire just now, and I prefer the first 2 albums with the original vocalist.

Read about them at Cronerstone 98, I think that might have been what it was... BUZZGRINDER ? Remember Zao at Cornerstone ‘98?

Yeah Kid Dynamite, Paint It Black, At The Drive In, 7Seconds, The Bronx, Fig 4.0, Cutting Class, Good Riddance, Bad Brains, Suicidal Tendencies, Link 80, *cough*Escape To Victory*cough*, could be an endless list...

class fucking post i didnt even realise it was you at first until i was like "who the fuck said that?"

but yeh great bands

gotta add gorilla biscuits, fucked up, none more black, sick of it all, and rentokill to the list tho