aberdeen-music

Punk Rock

waltz

I was quite figuratively being ironical and speaking a heap of hyperbolics. Cheers for thinking I'm an imbecile though :)

To be fair, he only just beat me to the punch. (in terms of correcting you, Im sure you arent an imbecile:))

Also Seven Year Bitch, and L7. Oh and Le Tigre.

I know someone who was at a festival, where the girl from L7 threw a bloody tampon into the crowd. Think it was Reading, a long time ago.

Mingin' bitch.

I know someone who was at a festival, where the girl from L7 threw a bloody tampon into the crowd. Think it was Reading, a long time ago.

Mingin' bitch.

Yeah, I believe she plucked it out on stage and chucked it in the crowd. I also recall watching The Word as a youngster and midway through "Pretend We're Dead", Jennifer Finch dropped her kecks and played the rest of the song on live telly with her minge out.

Remember kids, if you want to be rebellious, simply down take your trousers and pants. :up:

I'm sure it was L7 as well who held a raffle during one of their gigs and the person who won got to fuck the drummer in the tour bus after the show. He did actually claim his prize as well.

Riot grrl was super :love:

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I was quite figuratively being ironical and speaking a heap of hyperbolics. Cheers for thinking I'm an imbecile though :)

By the way:

figuritive - Google Search

You're nae very good at pedantry.

Slight difference between getting one letter wrong and using a word when what you meant to say was the exact opposite...

Yeah, I believe she plucked it out on stage and chucked it in the crowd. I also recall watching The Word as a youngster and midway through "Pretend We're Dead", Jennifer Finch dropped her kecks and played the rest of the song on live telly with her minge out.

Remember kids, if you want to be rebellious, simply down take your trousers and pants. :up:

I'm sure it was L7 as well who held a raffle during one of their gigs and the person who won got to fuck the drummer in the tour bus after the show. He did actually claim his prize as well.

Riot grrl was super :love:

i remember that as part of a kerrang competition i think

] Controversy

The band gained a certain amount of notoriety for their performance at the 1992 Reading Festival, when Donita Sparks removed her used tampon on-stage and threw it into the crowd yelling "Eat my used tampon, fuckers!" in protest against the mud being thrown by the crowd.[3] In the UK, the band are most famous for an appearance on the popular late-night entertainment programme The Word, in which Sparks pulled her pants down to reveal her pubic hair. During a live show in London in 2000, the band offered a one night stand with Dee Plakas as a raffle prize; the winner claimed his prize of sex with her on the tour bus. L7 was also banned by the Christian Coalition of America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L7_(band)

New Radio is probably the punkest song I've ever heard. I kind of think women are a bit better at being punk than blokes.

I'd also recommend Team Dresch. You might want to check out their album 'Personal Best'.

I completely agree. I've always thought it's something to do with women being born into a male-dominated society and all having something to be naturally angry at from birth, but I'll stop before going into full Gloria Steinem mode! I've liked everything I've heard by Team Dresch but haven't got any of their stuff so I'll put that on the 'to buy' list.

I think a lot of the girl-fronted Indiepop/'twee'/C86 stuff had a lot of punk at the heart of it. Most of it might have been jangly pop in sound but there's a lot of punk ideology and feeling at the root of stuff like Talulah Gosh (Testcard Girl in particular), Heavenly and The Shop Assistants etc.

Also Seven Year Bitch, and L7. Oh and Le Tigre.

Double yes for Le Tigre! I like L7 as well and Sleater Kinney also deserve a mention.

Slight difference between getting one letter wrong and using a word when what you meant to say was the exact opposite...

Aye, the difference being that I intentionally misused a word, whereas you would appear to just be semi-literate.

I'm sure there's a 15 year-old misplacing commas in another thread somewhere, so why don't you run along and direct your tedious pedantry elsewhere in future, eh? :)

Besides, grammatical correctness ain't punk.

R E F U S E D !

Ever heard of blood brothers? Early idlewild? Might want to try give them a listen. :up:

Haha, fuck you!

Thanks for suggestions etc. I already know quite a lot of stuff being mentioned, Hot Snakes, Black Flag, L7 etc. This has been pretty helpful though, thanks.

I listened to the likes of Rancid, NOFX etc for a while, years back, didn't like it. I need it angrier. Rarr.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Aye, the difference being that I intentionally misused a word, whereas you would appear to just be semi-literate.

I'm sure there's a 15 year-old misplacing commas in another thread somewhere, so why don't you run along and direct your tedious pedantry elsewhere in future, eh? :)

Besides, grammatical correctness ain't punk.

You must be a really ironic dude then because I totally thought you were actually just a fucking moron. Congrats!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Isn't that the sort of thing people who think they're clever say when they are obviously wrong?

Don't be silly, that's just irony. Little do you all know though, that I was also being ironic when I misspelled figurative. I can't believe you idiots all fell for it, I totally got you!

Don't be silly, that's just irony. Little do you all know though, that I was also being ironic when I misspelled figurative. I can't believe you idiots all fell for it, I totally got you!

You must spead around some reputations before giving it to Tam o' Shantie again

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You must spead around some reputations before giving it to Tam o' Shantie again

I call it the Tam o' Shantie 'reputation firewall'. You might think looking at my rep that I'm not that useful a contributor but I'm pretty sure that the system gets blocked when I get too much respect at once. It's frustrating!

You must be a really ironic dude then because I totally thought you were actually just a fucking moron. Congrats!

I honestly couldn't care less whether you or anyone else on here thinks I'm a moron. It's just that if someone's sad enough to care whether or not I know the difference between literal and figurative, I'm going to take the piss out of them, especially if they're a serial pedant with a superiority complex like yourself.

I notice you've spelled figurative right in this post though, so at least I've taught you something :)

Isn't that the sort of thing people who think they're clever say when they are obviously wrong?

Maybe. But given that you've met me I'm sure you're aware there's absolutely no way anyone, myself included, could possibly think I'm clever ;) Just you go on telling it like it is though - the internet fears your wrath.

Just you go on telling it like it is though - the internet fears your wrath.

:laughing:

Im not really a big punk rock fan on record but usually kicks it live. everyone has different notions of what it this is if the whole sub genre thing aint used. im not interested in "meh, thats MATH PUNK you imbecile" etc :

Euan, well worth checking out some of this stuff, I get the feeling you will be into most of it.

Drive Like Jehu, Reds, Backstabbers inc, Jesus Lizard, Feverdream, nothing done, I:Farm, career suicide, negative approach, bullet union, JR Ewing, Zegota, The Holy Mountain, Fighting Red Adair

i don't really seem to dig the diy pop punk stuff like no idea recs, plan it x etc etc