aberdeen-music

Jade is dead...

Hog

when i was being rock n roll today and wandering through tesco the only paper who had jade on the front cover was the star, make of that what you will!

That's Richard Desmond squeezing out the last drop of coverage he can get for his money. He owns the Star, and also OK magazine so he paid for the wedding. Apparently Jade had telephoned Lucie Cave, a good friend (and biographer) of hers, from her hospital bed to invite her to the wedding. Desmond found out, and immediately banned her from the wedding, because she happens to work for Heat magazine. Lucie even emailed him to plead that she would be there purely as a friend, and offered to sign a confidentiality agreement, to no avail. He was paying for it, so his wishes came first, even before Jade's. That wasn't a wedding, it was a paid for photo-shoot. The last days of her life appear to be a total money-making sham. Surely there has to come a time when even the tabloid reading public say enough is enough?

The last days of her life appear to be a total money-making sham. Surely there has to come a time when even the tabloid reading public say enough is enough?

But to be fair, doesn't it all depend on what the money is actually used for?

I've no objection to her milking it for all it's worth if the money is going to go to her children. I fear though, that somehow, they'll end up not getting a penny.

That's Richard Desmond squeezing out the last drop of coverage he can get for his money. He owns the Star, and also OK magazine so he paid for the wedding. Apparently Jade had telephoned Lucie Cave, a good friend (and biographer) of hers, from her hospital bed to invite her to the wedding. Desmond found out, and immediately banned her from the wedding, because she happens to work for Heat magazine. Lucie even emailed him to plead that she would be there purely as a friend, and offered to sign a confidentiality agreement, to no avail. He was paying for it, so his wishes came first, even before Jade's. That wasn't a wedding, it was a paid for photo-shoot. The last days of her life appear to be a total money-making sham. Surely there has to come a time when even the tabloid reading public say enough is enough?

why doesn't that suprise me? cos the whole thing is a sham! u gotta remember goody was rather thick before she was dying so lord knows how thick she is now!

how much are clifford and tweedy gonna make out it all?

But to be fair, doesn't it all depend on what the money is actually used for?

I've no objection to her milking it for all it's worth if the money is going to go to her children. I fear though, that somehow, they'll end up not getting a penny.

The money isn't even going to her. Did you actually read that post?

He meant that Richard Desmond was using the last days of her life to make money for himself.

I see some titles are punting her for membership of the "27 Club"

27 Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is surprising as I don't think I've heard about her developing a musical side?

Unless of course, they are saving the remix album for after the funeral?

Otherwise, I still have to find that I give a fuck about this story - Other than that far too many women suffer & die from cervical cancer.

I know, but that wasn't the point he was making.

technically speaking tho frostys post seemed to suggest that he had paid for the wedding ect, yes he will sell papers ect but she will still make a heap off the wedding and the stories in the paper.

I do see your point tho, but you are overly harsh on cloud for various reasons at times.

technically speaking tho frostys post seemed to suggest that he had paid for the wedding ect, yes he will sell papers ect but she will still make a heap off the wedding and the stories in the paper.

I do see your point tho, but you are overly harsh on cloud for various reasons at times.

Fairy muff. I'll accept it and move on.

Just to clarify my post - Richard Desmond didn't exactly pay for the wedding, but he paid poorbravejade 700,000 for the exclusive rights to the photos. This effectively meant that he had total control over the wedding, because he could simply threaten to pull out of the deal if it didn't go the way he wanted it, and poorbravejade would get nothing. He didn't want a journalist from a rival magazine there, so despite the fact that she was willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, and was going not as a journo but as one of poorbravejade's best friends, he demanded that she was uninvited or he wouldn't pay the money. Poorbravejade took the money.

Just to clarify my post - Richard Desmond didn't exactly pay for the wedding, but he paid poorbravejade 700,000 for the exclusive rights to the photos. This effectively meant that he had total control over the wedding, because he could simply threaten to pull out of the deal if it didn't go the way he wanted it, and poorbravejade would get nothing. He didn't want a journalist from a rival magazine there, so despite the fact that she was willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, and was going not as a journo but as one of poorbravejade's best friends, he demanded that she was uninvited or he wouldn't pay the money. Poorbravejade took the money.

when did you become a bitter person frosty?

I always thought of you as a happy wee drummer :)

Guest treader.

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but the Telegraph posted a 'photo gallery' of her Life and Career:

Jade Goody: Her life and career - Telegraph

Now, if you read the list of things at the bottom, she was hardly a fucking role model or worth the time of day really:

Jailed for 18 months for attacking a 16-year-old with a golf club?!?!

Glad to see the back of her to be honest.