aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

11 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

Watching Mad Dogs on Amazon just now.

It's fucking ace. So tense. The first episode contains one of the scariest/creepiest scenes i've ever seen in a TV show. 4 episodes in and it hasn't dipped at all.

Is that a remake of the UK tv series? It was ok, interested if they've pulled something out of the bag by Americanising it as that usually doesn't happen.

Anyone know why Bob's Burgers has a month long break? It just came back after the holidays. Apparently 13 episodes of Season 6 were produced during season 5. What is going on. Archer isn't back until April. Did H. Jon Benjamin get big headed after his live action role in Master of None? Get back in the studio. 

On 1/7/2016 at 2:46 PM, Soda van Jerk said:

It just keeps getting better. It was just easy viewing at first. Now I'm hooked in the middle of season 3.

Jackie has a real Walter White thing about her. I want it to work out for her, but STOP BEING A SHIT.

Zoey and Thor are amazing. Gloria is a stonecold badass. Great show. All the characters are great, but it does have the most well written and acted female characters of any show I've seen in a long time.

How did you get on with it? I just watched the final episode and now I don't feel like I can ever love again. 

The whole show is great, but I don't know anybody who watches it. Unjust madness. It's like the hospital version of Mad Men but in 20 minute chunks. 

34 minutes ago, kirsten said:

How did you get on with it? I just watched the final episode and now I don't feel like I can ever love again. 

The whole show is great, but I don't know anybody who watches it. Unjust madness. It's like the hospital version of Mad Men but in 20 minute chunks. 

Watched it all in one binge between Christmas and going back to work. It was a mixture of hilarious and bleak. Great show! The 20 minute segments just made it to easy to absorb. Loved it.

On 12/16/2015 at 10:39 PM, Lemonade said:

I recently started watching Wayward Pines. It's very mysterious, sort of sci-fi, Matt Dillon plays an FBI agent who is in a car crash and wakes up in this creepy little town in rural Idaho. He discovers he can't physically leave the town (when he tries to drive out one side he find himself driving back in the other side) and he can't communicate with anyone outside the town, and everyone is being monitored at all times by some mysterious force. Also there are other people in the town who arrived in similar circumstances and got stuck there for years and have to keep up this Stepford Wives facade about their idyllic lives and they aren't allowed to talk about life before the town. It's like Twin Peaks meets The Truman Show meets Lost. M. Night Shyamalan had some hand in making it. It's pretty good so far. Also Juliette Lewis is in it and I like her.

This is a ten part series so you can put it away in a few nights, I liked it a lot, hae a lookie.

I'm also halfway through Making a Murderer and and and..... I can't even.

CZmJA7yWwAYfxQw.jpg

17 hours ago, ca_gere said:

I might have to dip into this. I've given my gf a sneering look when she puts it on because it looked a bit soapy.

The length of the episodes means that plots are often resolved fairly quickly and sometimes a little predictably but the characters are great and there are some hilarious ridiculous moments. Also it's harder to lose your concentration than if it was made up of hour long episodes. Great television. Edie Falco for president.  

Edited by kirsten

22 minutes ago, Doctor Acula said:

We are all going to feel like right mugs if Steven Avery did it.

I've been recommended "The Fall" with Gillian Anderson in it, anyone seen it? Good or bad?

I only saw the first series, which was tense as fuck and for a few weeks, it  made me paranoid that someone would be waiting in my flat to kill me whenever I came home from anywhere. Good, though! 

Heard the second series was pish but I've not seen it. 

Regardless of whether Steven Avery did or didn't do it, it's crazy he was convicted based on the evidence put forward. Beyond any reasonable doubt seemed to have been forgotten.

Even his lawyers say they don't know whether he did it or not.

loved the fall. Didn't think it dipped at all.

Edited by ca_gere

23 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Regardless of whether Steven Avery did or didn't do it, it's crazy he was convicted based on the evidence put forward. Beyond any reasonable doubt seemed to have been forgotten.

Even his lawyers say they don't know whether he did it or not.

loved the fall. Didn't think it dipped at all.

Seen all the hubbub now? His ex-fiancée was allegedly beat by him. So although there's petitions to get him out there's also a lot of "hmm well if he could do that..." Going about too.