aberdeen-music

Chickenhawk

davidm

staind have some great tunes...don't diss.

I've only heard that pointless acoustic jam with Fred Durst mumbling the chorus. Dude doesn't even harmonise. He could sing the melody in fifths or something, but no. Same melody, mumbled and almost inaudible in the mix. Get a real job Fred.

I hated the singers voice too. It was that Eddie Vedder carbon copy shit that was ALL THE RAGE in 2001ish. Every ruddy band was a nu-grunge band with that marbles-in-your-mouth warble, sounding like Ronan Keating. Whack.

So, we sound like Staind.

incidentally!

if anyone fancies staying on the door most of the night in exchange for a couple of pints and free entry/whatever let me know! i really would appreciate it.

the trick to this is to employ someone who has absolutely no interest in this gig or type of music but who has nothing else better to do and will happily accept a couple of pints whilst doing pretty much nothing on the door :) oh and they have to be trustworthy with money! ;)

the trick to this is to employ someone who has absolutely no interest in this gig or type of music but who has nothing else better to do and will happily accept a couple of pints whilst doing pretty much nothing on the door :) oh and they have to be trustworthy with money! ;)

Look for some homeless person outside the show, but he may run away with the money. So you can some money with bets if the homeless person will run away or not. Lose/win, or Win/Win Who knows.

apologies for leaving early, but my hands were bleeding in 4 different places and i only had so many plasters. there's even blood on my snare - that's hardcore! apparently no one heard vocals even though i/we were singing straight into the mics. oh well. nowhere near as tight as we've been in the practice rooms but meh. screwed up a few times as well, argh!

but anyway, thanks for letting us play, david! i'm still not sure we really fitted in, but it was great all the same :).

(also, we have cds that do include vocals - we're giving them away for free so if anyone wants one i suppose just say.)

good music all round

cap sante were really cool...yeah apart from the vocals issue as lindsay mentioned, couldnt someone have just turned the mics up?! and id say it was good you were on that bill...

Chickenhawk were immense...shame hardly anyone stayed to see them...*usual story*

Secta Rouge were intense...totally ace...again there was even less people there by the time they played

did someone mention 'scene'? hmm..

just one thing...if anyone puts on a gig in there again, please dim the lights a bit and make sure you have some sort of music for inbetween the bands hehe! :p:up:

good effort though dave

my ears are totally ringing by the way

i take responsibility for the ordering of the night...i really should have put rouge or chickenhawk on 2nd or 3rd. but oh well.

thanks to all that came! i managed to make a decent amount of money to pay the bands, i think! it's all good about leaving early lindsay, don't worry about it, i guessed when you were playing that you were in some sort of pain but the fact that you brought the amount of people down that you did is ridiculously appreciated.

uncalm were the tits. we were shit. hawk were AMAZING. rouge were AMAZING.

at this moment in time i am sitting in my sofa, with all of secta rouge in front of me and half of chickenhawk, they are all quite drunk and happy so all is good. hawk were very appreciative of the folk that did stay watch them and all are content at the moment! thanks go to rouge and hawk for staying to the end and helping me pack all the gear, people for coming down and letting me pay bands!

lindsay: i'll pop round to your flat and give you some money once i get paid on thursday, i can only give you 20 or so, is that cool? :)

but yeah! thank you people! tonight was relatively successful!

Guest idol_wild

I only popped in to catch Cap Sante really and I wasn't disappointed. Apart from the vocal issues, which is a pity because the vocals, for me, are a massive part of the songs. The tunes were still there, though, and I felt they played pretty tightly for a first live outing. Though the look on Joe's face during ...Utah? when he played a bum note amused me a lot!

I look forward to seeing them in a more suitable venue. :up:

chickenhawk completely surprised me. I didnt think much of what I'd heard of them but they were fucking crushing live.

Secta Rouge were also incredible, though I think the vocals could have gone up.

We played good I think , just a pity about me being an idiot and blowing my fucking amp before getting to play the 2 new songs.

cap sante were good. and I actually kind of liked the vocals being slightly quiet (a bit funeral diner-y). maybe thats just me.

wifebeater, were wifebeater.

Man, I didn't know that had happened (amp blowing). My amp was parked on the floor right infront of you. I would have been happy for you to borrow it to finish your set.

Any idea what blew it? There's not much that can go wrong with them Vavlestates.

I think it's prob just a fuse. Pretty much my own fault. playing through 2 cabs completely cranked. Ain't opened it up yet, will do this afternoon and hopefulyl get it up adn running before Elgin tomorrow.

Cheers, much appreciated, I didn't want to risk blowing another though!