aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I have to say that weddings now piss me off. I've been to something like 6 of them this year. They're expensive, formulaic... I hate the guy that "directs" proceedings, "Would you all be upstanding for the bride and groom.... blah blah" pompous crap. A present lists full of stuff I know the couple don't need. I could go on.

I do like catching up with my old uni mates. The only saving grace.

Not a pet hate, but just a mild annoyance:

After shopping around a bit, I ordered a pair of boots online yesterday from some online shop in England because they had a guaranteed next day service, and I want to get them up here before the snow starts again, (my office shuts for Christmas on Wednesday morning so if they don't make it here by then there won't be anyone here to sign for them). I checked my email today to make sure they had been dispatched and got this:

Unfortunately, this size is currently out of stock.

A delivery is scheduled for the end of the week. When it arrives your order

will be despatched immediately.

If you would like to cancel your order, please reply to this e-mail.

Regards

James & James Footwear Ltd

The website said they were in stock, when I placed the order - if it had said "Currently out of stock, expected 17/12/2010" I wouldn't have ordered them in the first place, I would have got them somewhere else. And not even an apology! Fuckers.

Parents.

I don't give a fuck that you had a baby. It's not hard. Don't parade it around as though it's special. Cos I don't like lying and telling you your baby is an ugly, environmentally destructive pig is apparently not very nice. Fuck off. You're not amazing, you're just leading to over population.

Guest idol_wild
Parents.

I don't give a fuck that you had a baby. It's not hard. Don't parade it around as though it's special. Cos I don't like lying and telling you your baby is an ugly, environmentally destructive pig is apparently not very nice. Fuck off. You're not amazing, you're just leading to over population.

You forgot "You cunt" at the end. :up:

Guest idol_wild
She spoke to me about cats, and then her departments Xmas night out, and then cats again. The worst 15 minutes of my life up to this point.

Cats and Christmas: two of my pet hates. This girl is a fucking bum-sock.

Just checking, you didn't use them in the dishwasher or a metal scouring pad on them did you? They only need a wipe with a wet cloth to be cleaned, anything else will essentially "kill" them. Just checking, my old flatmate put an expensive pan of mine in the dishwasher, became an ordinary pan after that.

I thought you were a student, what the fuck are you doing with a dishwasher you fucking ponce?

Guest Gladstone

Right fuckers. I drive a 4x4 because I live in the middle of nowhere and after being stuck in my house for about a week last winter decided it would be a good idea to get a 4x4.

Anyone who drives ridiculously slow when it snows pisses me off though. But equally people who continue to drive at 80mph when the roads are a bit slippy - they are worse.

Right fuckers. I drive a 4x4 because I live in the middle of nowhere and after being stuck in my house for about a week last winter decided it would be a good idea to get a 4x4.

Anyone who drives ridiculously slow when it snows pisses me off though. But equally people who continue to drive at 80mph when the roads are a bit slippy - they are worse.

I'm all for driving to the conditions. I was quite happy driving at 20-30mph a couple of weeks ago when you could barely even see the road (on the few occasions I even braved leaving Banchory) and I don't mind 4x4 drivers in general. It's a rural area after all and people need to get out and about.

But if I can drive at a decent speed with no real issues then a fucking 4x4 should definitely not be having problems.

That is acceptable. It's really the townies that have absolutely no need for one I refer to. I stick by the personal number plate rule though.

I have an issue with those drivers that go 40 mph regardless of the speed limit. I often get stuck behind one on my way out to visit my folks in Banchory. You'll be on a pretty fast road and come up against one of these guys and you'll follow them all the way to where you're going, hit the town where it's 30 and they don't even slow down! Dangerous in both situations.

I have an issue with those drivers that go 40 mph regardless of the speed limit.

Wose are the fuckers who decide to take back roads to wherever they're going and slow down to 10mph round EVERY FUCKING CORNER and then anywhere it'd be safe to overtake they speed up! Boils my fucking piss!

Worse stil, people who, when driving from Aberdeen to Peterhead, opt to take the back road through Newburgh when the traffic on the main road is shit.. then when they get off the main drag onto a road with no other cars, they drive the same fucking speed as the traffic on the A90 is moving!

Infact, I'm gonna take this up a step. I hate every other driver on the same road as me. I don't give a fuck what you drive or where you are going, if you are within 5 miles of me on a road, you are a CUNT!

xx

I got held up going down the hill out of Kincorth this morning by a van a few cars in front of me which was doing 10mph right in the middle of both lanes and holding up about 20 cars. I thought he was just nervous of the conditions or maybe his van wasn't handling in it very well (even though the roads were completely black and snow free) so I laid off him a bit and reigned in my impatience. Eventually we got down to the roundabout and he pulled into the left lane, I went into the right and looked in to see who was driving, and the reason the cunt was driving so slowly and in the middle of the road was because he was busy sending a fucking text! :swearing:

I got held up going down the hill out of Kincorth this morning by a van a few cars in front of me which was doing 10mph right in the middle of both lanes and holding up about 20 cars. I thought he was just nervous of the conditions or maybe his van wasn't handling in it very well (even though the roads were completely black and snow free) so I laid off him a bit and reigned in my impatience. Eventually we got down to the roundabout and he pulled into the left lane, I went into the right and looked in to see who was driving, and the reason the cunt was driving so slowly and in the middle of the road was because he was busy sending a fucking text! :swearing:

The element of suspense in this was surprisingly high. I truly thought (hoped) you were going to say...

...and the reason the cunt was driving so slowly and in the middle of the road was because it was a fucking woman! :swearing:
  • Upvote 1

I used to live in Kincorth and I saw someone fleeing over the speed bumps when the snow was really bad and completely spin out. And the 21 went sideways down a road too. Great fun.

Just checking, you didn't use them in the dishwasher or a metal scouring pad on them did you? They only need a wipe with a wet cloth to be cleaned, anything else will essentially "kill" them. Just checking, my old flatmate put an expensive pan of mine in the dishwasher, became an ordinary pan after that.

Nah, my noodles stuck to it the first time it was used, straight off the shelf, unwashed. It was cheap though. I just needed a big pan. Still, no matter how much I pay, I still expect non-stick to mean non-stick.