aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Hot Chocolate is fantastic. I never had any idea that it's not considered a drink for a strong burly all american hero type like myself.

I always thought that too. Going back to ca_gere's dick-swinging pet hate, I imagine many a debate has taken place about Hot Chocolate, where one boasts he can drink a whole bucket of it through his own nostrils, and then the other claims to eat a spoonful of cocoa and then poor the scalding hot milk into his mouth straight from the stove.

Why the fuck would you use chocolate sauce to make a mocha? A mocha is basically a chocolate cappuccino, so it should be frothed hot chocolate - with powder. None of this syrup shite. Syrup portions are bad in the coffee industry like, some folk think that because you can't taste it in the first sip as it's settled then you need to use heaps :( I hate all this "make a little chocolate paste and add hot milk", get the steam arm dirty, it's totally worth it.

A mocha is variant of a latte. I would be shot to pieces in an audit if it had as much foam as a cappucino. I need to go to your place and try a mocha then. I've never seen any place do it that way even though it is the 'proper' italian way. Chocolate sauce is a HUGE upgrade over syrups though. We physically couldn't do that in our shops though, hot chocolate is not made on the steam arm. It's a struggle enough to do things to company standards as it is. Customer is supposed to be served in 60 seconds, yet we are also supposed to weigh cappucinos to see if they are to standard (ie too heavy = not enough foam, too light = too much foam). I'm so glad I don't work in a big chain where they have 1 person on each section though. At least when I get an order I make it myself then charge the customer, no faffing around with orders getting queued/delayed and messed up as has happened many times when I have ordered drinks from a big chain.

Actual pet hate = the coffee audits we have to do. Our cappucinos are supposed to be weighed in a 20g window. That's a tiny amount of fluid. Less than a tablespoon. Even the shop ran by the woman who trains 'senior baristas' failed the last audit! The guy who is responsible for coffee standards in our company is an Italian who won the European Barista of the Year thing before. He knows his stuff and his improved our coffee blend so much since he started, but the standards he expects from staff are beyond the capabilites of most robots :p

Why the fuck would you use chocolate sauce to make a mocha? A mocha is basically a chocolate cappuccino, so it should be frothed hot chocolate - with powder. None of this syrup shite. Syrup portions are bad in the coffee industry like, some folk think that because you can't taste it in the first sip as it's settled then you need to use heaps :( I hate all this "make a little chocolate paste and add hot milk", get the steam arm dirty, it's totally worth it.

Woah, you might want to avoid smutty talk like that, you'll be giving Jakebassist ideas. He already mentioned he's game for a cleveland steamer on the previous page

A mocha is variant of a latte. I would be shot to pieces in an audit if it had as much foam as a cappucino. I need to go to your place and try a mocha then. I've never seen any place do it that way even though it is the 'proper' italian way. Chocolate sauce is a HUGE upgrade over syrups though. We physically couldn't do that in our shops though, hot chocolate is not made on the steam arm. It's a struggle enough to do things to company standards as it is. Customer is supposed to be served in 60 seconds, yet we are also supposed to weigh cappucinos to see if they are to standard (ie too heavy = not enough foam, too light = too much foam). I'm so glad I don't work in a big chain where they have 1 person on each section though. At least when I get an order I make it myself then charge the customer, no faffing around with orders getting queued/delayed and messed up as has happened many times when I have ordered drinks from a big chain.

Actual pet hate = the coffee audits we have to do. Our cappucinos are supposed to be weighed in a 20g window. That's a tiny amount of fluid. Less than a tablespoon. Even the shop ran by the woman who trains 'senior baristas' failed the last audit! The guy who is responsible for coffee standards in our company is an Italian who won the European Barista of the Year thing before. He knows his stuff and his improved our coffee blend so much since he started, but the standards he expects from staff are beyond the capabilites of most robots :p

TL: DR but I did pick out "cofee audits" as, firstly a bewildering concept, and secondly a potential band name.

My main pet hate is definitely people talking about coffee on the internet.

TL: DR but I did pick out "cofee audits" as, firstly a bewildering concept, and secondly a potential band name.

My main pet hate is definitely people talking about coffee on the internet.

Pet hate: Cretins who don't like discussions about coffee.

I agree with you! I don't even really drink coffee outside of work or exam revision period.. just needed a mandatory 'bitch about your job' moment.

pet hate: Hot chocolate always fills me with disapointment, as a child I must have imagined a cup of hot chocolate would consist of a bar of chocolate melted until it could be drunk, thus everytime I have a cup of real world hot chocolate I get reminded that it is just watery chocolate flavoured powder.

When I'm in charge I'll enforce that change to hot chocolate makes world wide and carry out the most stringent of hot chocolate audits to confirm compliance.

I'll probably still just drink tea though.

I hate how folk who pour hot drinks for a living are called a barista. Everyone else's job title is a description of what they do, Plumber, waiter etc. However these high end fuck jobs have to be called something 'cool'. My granny makes tea and coffee all the time but she's nae a barista. I also hate it how people think it's a profession. You combine hot water and coffee beans/teabags. What a tough demanding job. What a load of wank.

400px-Gwilym_Davies.jpg

LOOK AT THIS WANK

• Upvote 1

I hate how folk who pour hot drinks for a living are called a barista. Everyone else's job title is a description of what they do, Plumber, waiter etc. However these high end fuck jobs have to be called something 'cool'. My granny makes tea and coffee all the time but she's nae a barista. I also hate it how people think it's a profession. You combine hot water and coffee beans/teabags. What a tough demanding job. What a load of wank.

You're granny will have her hands full, making teas AND sorting out UTG.

LOOK AT THIS WANK

That's like saying single malt whiskey is a load of shite because your grandad can make moonshine in his crusty bath tub. Also by your logic, plumber and waiter would be called 'pipe fixer' and 'food delivery guy'. You pretencious fuck.

• Upvote 1