aberdeen-music

What is "straight edge"?

IamScrooge

When did it become 'cool'? Is this a recent thing?

It's not a recent thing.

If you read up on some of the members of the original straight-edge bands a lot of them ended up addicted to brown, crack or barbituates. Ironic eh

The whole idea of straight edge is good but should be done without the label and the followers feeling of over self-importance.

It should be about self improvement, self discipline, health and wholeness. The best example I can come up with off the top of my head would be buddhism.

Buddhism

Refrain from intoxicants

Refrain from sex

Refrain from harmin others and beasts

If you do good, good will come to you

If you do bad, bad will come to you

etc...

I have never seen a buddhist proclaim loudly that they are buddhist and are better than you

Someone who doesn't smoke, drink, eat shit, get into fights because they backed down and knew it was a bad idea will probably live a happier, more fulfilling, longer , more educated life.

There's a gentle femininity to his features.

I was just thinking the same thing...I think it's the eyebrows....men should not wax/pluck eyebrows FACT unless of course they become a little unruley and start sprouting all over the shop (of course!)

think I'll stick to not being straight edge, had never heard of it tho......take it most monks/nuns must be straight edge then?

This guy will forever be nailed to the X...

crises.jpg

Maybe he could get the word 'worm' tattooed on his chin, so folk would assume he was a friend of the wee pink creatures?

What does it say across his head? Looks like it starts with an 'N' amd ends 'H' 'C'?

I was hoping it might read 'CHIN' backwards, so folk looking at him in a mirror from above would be confused.

Maybe he could get the word 'worm' tattooed on his chin, so folk would assume he was a friend of the wee pink creatures?

What does it say across his head? Looks like it starts with an 'N' amd ends 'H' 'C'?

I was hoping it might read 'CHIN' backwards, so folk looking at him in a mirror from above would be confused.

possibly NYHC but may have a large gap in between

this guy ALWAYS gets brought up in these threads. world famous etc

By all accounts...Infest were heavy stoners!!
I know Crossed Out smoked heaps but, Infest as well?

Living to use

Use till you die

Life just sucks

Unless you're high

Can't get high

Escape with sleep

Away from the pain

Only drugs can treat

Shaking you awake

Covered in sweat

Prescribing home

Versions of an