aberdeen-music

Fallout 3

Le Stu

I love this game so much, and haven't noticed all that many bugs on 360.

One bug which did fuck me off however was I went into a person's house in Arefu, and after speaking to them, they left the house. I tried to leave, and it said I needed the key. So I waited. And waited, but the bitch never came back in so I was stuck in the house. And, it had autosaved when I entered the house, and every time I loaded, the bitch wasn't there. Ended up having to go all the way back to the start of the quest I'd just done again.

I finally blew up Megaton the other day. I saved it just before pulling the switch. I re-loaded and did it again. 4 times. It's fucking ace.

Despite 2 complete play throughs, I have STILL never fought a Yao-Guai, since the first time I ever came across one, I had the Animal Friend perk.

Despite 2 complete play throughs, I have STILL never fought a Yao-Guai, since the first time I ever came across one, I had the Animal Friend perk.

They are a fucking bitch at lower levels - extremely fast and do a LOT of damage.

However, Yao-Guai meat gives you over 20HP which is pretty good compared to most food you find.

I finally blew up Megaton the other day. I saved it just before pulling the switch. I re-loaded and did it again. 4 times. It's fucking ace.

I soooo much wanted to this but I killed the guy that I needed to talk to right at the start of the game!!! I think last time I played it I ended up disarming the bomb.

I soooo much wanted to this but I killed the guy that I needed to talk to right at the start of the game!!! I think last time I played it I ended up disarming the bomb.
On my second play through I saved it before disarming the bomb. Then when I was hungover I thought "I know, I'll blow up Megaton." Loaded the save, Mr Burke was skulking about in his underpants, armed the bomb and embarked on the 10 minute walk to Tenpenny Tower.

It was worth it.

I never got into the game, i think i was expecting to much of a shot 'em up when i bought it, but it seems so interesting i really want to get into it, i just don't understand how the hell you guys got the hang out it so easily!!

Because you suck?

I never understood why so many people expected it to be more of an FPS before buying it. Surely the fact it was made by Bethesda and Fallout is an RPG franchise would give enough clues. It plays very, VERY similar to System Shock 2.

If I could have sex with a game I would most definately fuck Fallout 3. Im a big lover of the previous Fallouts even to the point where I have played and completed the van buren demo all 20 seconds of it. So when Bethesda released the game I was a proud member of the community of Fallout lovers that would flame it for not being like the originals or being untrue to the originals. Thankfully I loved it to bits it stays true to the originals and to boot they throw the AK variant rifle into the mix which only makes me love this game more.

Some of the old chars appear like harold and his tree or rather he is the tree (sorry spoiler). So that was a pleasant surprise. And the alien pistols make an appearance from the first game. So just on the multiple homages to the originals sealed the deal for me approval wise with this one. Bethesda made a great game with awesome graphics great storylines with the addition of the almost limitless side quests. They stay true to the originals not ignoring where this game actually comes from. Its a panty wettingly experience for any fallout fan.

I only hope that Bethesda stick to the same principles they made this game on in the next one and widen the fallout world some more.

Im looking forward to the addon coming out on the 15th of this month... Whats that you say? Retake Anchorage with new weapons up for grabs in the original power armour? BRING ON THE GORE!

Unfortunately I think I've accidentally almost completed this game. I'm currently following Liberty Prime and have still got shitheaps of side quests I wanted to do. Am I going to have to download Broken Steel and complete the game before I can do them?

P.S Tesla Armour looks awesome!

Nah, you can easily go and do other quests - just make sure you don't enter the Jefferson Memorial.

Unfortunately I think I've accidentally almost completed this game. I'm currently following Liberty Prime and have still got shitheaps of side quests I wanted to do. Am I going to have to download Broken Steel and complete the game before I can do them?

P.S Tesla Armour looks awesome!

just walk away once you've cleared the outside of the building. they'll just stand around waiting for you to return.

• 4 weeks later...

Christ this is becoming a penance...

After level 20 and being nearly everywhere on the map apart from Ravens wotsit and the Whitehouse, I had to take a break.

Here's an amazing tip though. The dart gun is banging. Get that shit on the go for exploring the wasteland. You can cripple Deathclaws, Giant Rad Scorpions, and Yao Gaui with a single shot and then deal with them on your own terms.

Has anyone managed to get into Vault '87, through Little Lamplight? I'm really stuck. I rescued the kids from the slavers but the ungrateful little bastards won't play ball. I know there's two ways to do it but I don't seem to be getting any joy through dialogue with either.

Has anyone managed to get into Vault '87, through Little Lamplight? I'm really stuck. I rescued the kids from the slavers but the ungrateful little bastards won't play ball. I know there's two ways to do it but I don't seem to be getting any joy through dialogue with either.

here we go

you need to complete Rescue From Paradise quest or have the young at heart perk.

you may also need to have good dialogue/speech/persuasion skills, and/or to have rescued Penny from the slavers. a good science/hacking ability is a plus too.

if you've got good dialogue/speech points, you can talk the "mayor" of little lamplight to tell you how to get there. basically, its called murder pass, and it's a maze full of super mutants. pain in the ass, but good for exp.

if you have a high science level, and have rescued penny from paradise falls, you can get them to show you a terminal that you can hack, in order to get a safer route there.

hope that helps :)

If memory serves right its part of a quest. If you try to go in before that quest has started the kids at Little Lamplight won't let you in.