aberdeen-music

Fallout 3

Le Stu

Any tips as to where to find Enclave with plasma rifles and Tesla though? I can only find ones with laser rifles and Enclave armour.

After Raven Rock they were at Enclave bases everywhere. That's the 2nd last mission though...

As for Deathclaw tips build the Dart Gun... cripples their legs with one shot.

Personally I use the Xuanlong Assault Rifle for mid range and the Terrible Shotgun at close range ( 80 damage with 100 small arms skill! ). Since getting those two guns have made mincemeat of anything aside from the behemoths.

Just a heads up about The Pitt - If you downloaded it this morning do not play it. I almost very nearly fired up my game to actually wonder whether my download finished from whence I left it this morning as I hadn't checked since getting back. The download itself was there but for some reason I could not see it listed in the top Fallout 3 downloads.

It's basically been pulled form Live because of a corrupt file. The PC version is still ok, just the 360 Version. They are working on a fix but its not a good idea to play it if you have downloaded since it's removal as you'd probably end up joining the 1000's of kids screaming at Bethseda on their forums just now :S

this works for me...Ive killed heaps o folk in Megaton but I just leave each time and come back in, and they're ok. They dont talk to me now though.

As soon as I have enough explosives skills that Nuke is getting set off.

go find the guy in the bar opposite the bomb, get drugs off him, that will boost your skills,

completed those!, still doing *nuka cola challenge* (fucking cunt!) and then gonna do the strictly business side mission next time around i think, when i have bad karma.

Got the "psychotic prankster" trophy too.

Maybe another 7 to get in total...

*kids, if you have just started this game or are only half way through it, whenever you find bottles of nuka cola quantum, for the love of god, take them and keep storing them up till you have at least 30. When you do the nuka cola challenge side mission, you need them. There are bottles everywhere throughout the game, i was just too stupid to not take them in the first place.

Think i've collected around 40+ quantum in the most recent restart of the game. From what i remember there is a bunch of bottles stashed in the L.O.B building located in Church Falls , there is also a mighty fine prototype chinese pistol hidden in a box ( 100+ lockpick skill ).

Two more achievements to go until i have annihilated this game .

Anyone found the Roach king yet ?

I always took them, but then sold them for caps. FML.

Ever since I accidently sold my Mime Materia in FFVII (making the battle vs ruby and emerald weapon extremely hard) i've been loathe to sell anything collected or received in any game i've played since!

I'm a compulsive hoarder and will keep everything if I can, when I started the Nuka Challenge I already had 15 bottles stashed!

Think i've collected around 40+ quantum in the most recent restart of the game. From what i remember there is a bunch of bottles stashed in the L.O.B building located in Church Falls , there is also a mighty fine prototype chinese pistol hidden in a box ( 100+ lockpick skill ).

That pistol is fun... it's rubbish but setting people on fire is always good :) Their is actually a key somewhere in the office for the box I think... but may as well pick the lock for the craic

anyone been to the vault tec headquarters and found the key to get into the room on the top floor?

Just above where you have to activate 3 terminals in order to shutdown the robobrain.

"Easy Access to Top Level"

"It is possible to jump from the broken stairs of the Guest Relations Room to bypass the entire second floor. Just position yourself (preferably in third person) on the highest point of the stairs, and you should be able to do it in a few tries. Then, simply take the door to your right and go up the stairs. However, be aware that you will end up right near Masterbrain, so if you were intending to use the terminals to shut him down you may have a more difficult time.

Another possible method to get up the broken stairs is to wait for the Potectron to pass overhead, then as it is directly in front of you, target it with a melee weapon in V.A.T.S mode and then attack, and the player should be warped next to the Potectron. This may take a few tries but I can confirm it works (PC). "

What what your needing?

Oh btw if you are a bit lost this is a really good map. Has all the locations numbered and an index on the side. Would post the image but some people might not want to ruin fun of stumbling across new things. I was like that for a while and got frustrated trying to find half the places

"Easy Access to Top Level"

"It is possible to jump from the broken stairs of the Guest Relations Room to bypass the entire second floor. Just position yourself (preferably in third person) on the highest point of the stairs, and you should be able to do it in a few tries. Then, simply take the door to your right and go up the stairs. However, be aware that you will end up right near Masterbrain, so if you were intending to use the terminals to shut him down you may have a more difficult time.

Another possible method to get up the broken stairs is to wait for the Potectron to pass overhead, then as it is directly in front of you, target it with a melee weapon in V.A.T.S mode and then attack, and the player should be warped next to the Potectron. This may take a few tries but I can confirm it works (PC). "

What what your needing?

nah thats not it i don't think. Already passed the master brain and that, there is a room at the very end of the hallway that has a computer terminal inside it, and apparently you cannot pick the lock, you need a key, and i can't find it.

nah thats not it i don't think. Already passed the master brain and that, there is a room at the very end of the hallway that has a computer terminal inside it, and apparently you cannot pick the lock, you need a key, and i can't find it.

when i had a look at it, a lot of people were saying that it was easy for the game to glitch in vault tec head quarters, so it locked you out completly,

im going to take a crack at vault tec HQ tonight,

when i had a look at it, a lot of people were saying that it was easy for the game to glitch in vault tec head quarters, so it locked you out completly,

im going to take a crack at vault tec HQ tonight,

piece off piss, i took out the deathclaw sanctuary, again, easy as fuck with the alien blaster.

People, if you don't have the alien blaster, find it.

• 1 month later...

Anyone downloaded Broken Steel DLC yet?

Had a go last night and first thoughts are it's good, just much of the same which is no bad thing.

Only played half an hour and i've racked up three active quests already, hopefully it'll squeeze a few more hours out of the game.:up:

Finally succumbed to playing this game after months of having it unopened, but fucking hell, this is an addictive game.

It reminds me a lot of System Shock 2 meets Oblivion (not Bioshock because Wasteland/Fallout came wayyyyyyyy before Bioshock), and you'd be hard pressed to find a more immersive game. It usually takes me about 3 hours to get to one destination on the map instead of 5 minutes because I always go off in a huge tangent and start randomly exploring the wasteland and within buildings.

I also really like how the game caters for your experience level - it is rare you come across enemies that you can one-shot with ease that give low XP, so you are almost always posed with a challenge within the city against Mercs, Raiders and Super Mutants. Ghouls never give me any troubles now though.

One thing that really brings this game down is the insane amount of bugs I have come across - I have been stuck in walls, stuck on rocks, stuck on tables, beds, doors etc. and sometimes when I am around a city or town, folks just randomly start to attack me when I have done fuck all. This happened a lot in Paradise Falls strangely.

And for those who think of buying it on pc, get it through Steam. I remember Games for Windows Live giving me a few problems when I was attempting to play GTA IV, but jesus fucking christ, it is nothing compared to how it plays with Fallout 3 - Random sign-outs, updates that restart the game, and the fact you have to be signed in to this piece of shit in order to SAVE is a complete joke.