aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

New England have ground out two wins against two bad teams but frankly look pretty awful themselves.

They should still win that devision though.

I never thought I'd say a performance involving 3 interceptions and a bunch of sacks was good but Geno Smith did really well considering the conditions. There was a lot of positives from that game. Powel and Ivory look better running backs than Shonn greene, a couple of the new wide guys did well and the defence looked solid enough. Sanchez is now on the injured list for 8 weeks so Geno is gonna be able to own the position without the off-field speculation. He's by no means the finished article (far far from it) but he showed a lot of grit on thursday and he clearly has a great arm so I'm pretty optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of doing the regular fantasy league this year (because I cant have yet another fairytale sports league take over my life - i've already opted into a 50 quid buy in nba one) I'm using fanduel.com. it's one-day fantasy for real money and its amazing. Ive only won like 10 cents so far but it's really good fun. Highly recommend it to anyone who isn't a die hard fantasy player or just cant be bothered with all the team maintenance.

- Happy for Andy Reid's stellar start to the season with the Chiefs. He seems like a dick, but a likeable one.

- Seahawks grinding it out as well as overpowering teams. Super Bowl contenders

- Geno Smith needs work. Jets came crashing back down to earth yesterday after a really good start to the season. I still have confidence in our defence and I hope Geno can learn from those mistakes. his protection was weak but that's no excuse for his poor decision making.

- Broncos are in beast mode. The best QB with the best slot receiver is just devastating to watch.

- The Browns could potentially win the AFC North. THE BROWNS!?!?! I mean, they won't but on current form they'd push any of their conference opponents to the limit.

- Matthew Stafford is a great QB.

- There were way too many potentially dangerous injuries yesterday. When they have to report about the player still having sensation in his extremities you know it's bad.

- Happy for Andy Reid's stellar start to the season with the Chiefs. He seems like a dick, but a likeable one.

- Seahawks grinding it out as well as overpowering teams. Super Bowl contenders

- Geno Smith needs work. Jets came crashing back down to earth yesterday after a really good start to the season. I still have confidence in our defence and I hope Geno can learn from those mistakes. his protection was weak but that's no excuse for his poor decision making.

- Broncos are in beast mode. The best QB with the best slot receiver is just devastating to watch.

- The Browns could potentially win the AFC North. THE BROWNS!?!?! I mean, they won't but on current form they'd push any of their conference opponents to the limit.

- Matthew Stafford is a great QB.

- There were way too many potentially dangerous injuries yesterday. When they have to report about the player still having sensation in his extremities you know it's bad.

- Love the Chiefs.  Andy Reid got such a hard time in Philly despite being so good for so long (and they are reaping their rewards for that).  Also great for Alex Smith wish him nothing but the best after his years at the niners grinding to be better and being nothing short of great for a year and a half before Kap got the job.  Model professional.

- I'm not on the Seahawks bandwagen just yet.  At home I am 100% they will beat anyone at home no problem.   Away the Hawks are a different animal so if they don't get homefield/at the Superbowl if they make it I'm not sure.

Grinding out against the Texans wasn't so much true, the Texans threw them the game.  Literally.  Schaub is still the weak link in that Houston team.  He can beat on teams they are supposed to beat on but he is just not clutch and his pressure decision making is horrible.

- Jets are still the Jets.  The offense just doesn't have enough weapons, signs of hope but no playoffs this year.

- Good on the Browns and it's a bit funny after the fans were flipping tables after "throwing in the towel on the season" with the Richardson trade 2 weeks ago!

- Megatron is a HOF WR!!

- Agree 100%.  Goldson especially should get a big ban as well.  He was hitting like that last year at the Niners and he hasn't tried to stop since they toughened the rules this year.  He's been flagged in every game this season.

- I'm not on the Seahawks bandwagen just yet.  At home I am 100% they will beat anyone at home no problem.   Away the Hawks are a different animal so if they don't get homefield/at the Superbowl if they make it I'm not sure.

Grinding out against the Texans wasn't so much true, the Texans threw them the game.  Literally.  Schaub is still the weak link in that Houston team.  He can beat on teams they are supposed to beat on but he is just not clutch and his pressure decision making is horrible.

You still have to be within touching distance to be able to capitalize on mistakes if there are any. I had an eye on that game and from where i was sitting the Seahawks had a few key plays that put them into the right position for the comeback (Wilson running on a few last-ditch 3rd downs, a batted pass, strong coverage where a lot of teams would give away fouls.)

You still have to be within touching distance to be able to capitalize on mistakes if there are any. I had an eye on that game and from where i was sitting the Seahawks had a few key plays that put them into the right position for the comeback (Wilson running on a few last-ditch 3rd downs, a batted pass, strong coverage where a lot of teams would give away fouls.)

You are right that they did pull it back with plays themselves as well but they would not have won the game if Schaub didn't try a blindside across body pass on the opponents 40 that's likely at least a FG for Houston and then they are 2 scores ahead instead of back level.

There were 3 Seahawks around the guy he hoped (I assume) was free.  Awful play.

I just re watched it, it's even worse than it was live.  I just don't know what he was hoping was going on on his blindside.  Mental decision making.

I just this minute bought tickets for the Browns @ Jets on Dec 22nd. Who knows, it may well be an important game for both teams.

Last night's game was just awesome. Don't get me wrong, the level of play of both teams wasn't a patch on the Broncos Cowboys game the other night but in terms of excitement it was perfect. Geno apparently had the highest passer rating this week. His first clean game too. And what a kick to win it. Folk hero. Folk off.

I had to watch a stream of the Browns Bills last week because I don't have the NFL channel. It was the Sky Sports coverage. I was pleasantly surprised by the studio analysis. The token Englishman is a bit annoying in that he always tries to bring things round to England but he's very knowledgable and gives good insight.

I'm not sure how I feel about a London team. On the one hand it's really exciting, on the other there's something sacred about the sport in my mind and going abroad would 'dilute' it a little. That said, the likes of some of the piss-weak franchises are already doing that. 

I had to watch a stream of the Browns Bills last week because I don't have the NFL channel. It was the Sky Sports coverage. I was pleasantly surprised by the studio analysis. The token Englishman is a bit annoying in that he always tries to bring things round to England but he's very knowledgable and gives good insight.

I'm not sure how I feel about a London team. On the one hand it's really exciting, on the other there's something sacred about the sport in my mind and going abroad would 'dilute' it a little. That said, the likes of some of the piss-weak franchises are already doing that. 

I would rather a well supported team in London than Jacksonville especially.

They have always been fairly hopeless and the whole franchise just needs a reboot.

New name new stadium and a new fan base.

I think players would be really excited to free agent sign for a team based in London.  The travel wouldn't be much worse than it is for west coast teams going east either.

I would rather a well supported team in London than Jacksonville especially.

They have always been fairly hopeless and the whole franchise just needs a reboot.

New name new stadium and a new fan base.

I think players would be really excited to free agent sign for a team based in London.  The travel wouldn't be much worse than it is for west coast teams going east either.

All very good points.

I was reading a book about football economics (our kind) and it said that the idea of living in London is a very big pull for foreign players which gives Arsenal, Tottenham, chelsea, etc an edge of other teams when signing players. The same would be true of NFL players I'd assume.

I would really like it to happen, I just hope it doesn't break what we have going now.

In other news... Broncos to put up 60+ points against the Jags this week? I think they'll more likely hit 40 and Manning will sit out the rest.

Here's my fantasy lineup this week:

QB
Peyton Manning
DEN v JAC
  RB
C.J. Spiller
BUF v CIN
  RB
Shonn Greene
TEN @ SEA
  WR
Dez Bryant
DAL v WAS
  WR
Demaryius Thomas
DEN v JAC
  WR
Jeremy Kerley
NYJ v PIT
  TE
Joel Dreessen
DEN v JAC
  K
Nick Folk
NYJ v PIT
  D
New York Jets
NYJ v PIT

I always have at least 3 jets players because I'm a sad homer player. CJ Spiller is due a big game and you just can't ignore the Broncos offense.

• 2 weeks later...

Kansas City still unbeaten is just wow. Hats off to what Andy Reid is doing there.

Jets were fantastic. Thoroughly deserved the win even though they caught a very lucky break at the end. It was the right call but can understand Pats fans being pissed off. Those front 3 on D are pretty special. Wilkerson in particular.

Kansas City still unbeaten is just wow. Hats off to what Andy Reid is doing there.

Jets were fantastic. Thoroughly deserved the win even though they caught a very lucky break at the end. It was the right call but can understand Pats fans being pissed off. Those front 3 on D are pretty special. Wilkerson in particular.

Really pleased for Andy Reid he went through a lot in Philly and think he was taken for granted by the fans there and the organisation.  They are feeling his loss now as well!

Saying that look who they've beaten Jags, Boys, Eagles, Giants, Titans, Raiders and Texans.  They have a pretty bad combined win/loss ratio.  You can only beat who's in front of you though but it will be interesting to see how they do against a team that can really put up points.  They have 2 games against Denver coming up, that will be their real test.

The KC front 4 might be the best in football, they can sack anyone and the DTs are so solid.

We smashed the Titans, it wasn't even close they didn't score till the very end of the 3rd quarter.  I'm off to see the niners in Landan next weekend too, yas.