aberdeen-music

New Bond Theme

Scootray

I'm not impressed, but hopefully it's a grower. It had big shoes to fill following Chris Cornell's fucking brilliant effort, but it's not the worst 've ever heard (step forward Madona / Garbage / Tina Turner) it's definitely got Bond-y elements, but I suppose with the new grittier direction the Bond films are taking they want a scuzzier sound to match it. I don't know if scuzzier is a word but it just seemed to fit.

I was amused that Jack White threw a wobbly about it being used for a Coke Zero advert, when about 2 years ago he wrote a song specifically for Coca-Cola.

Don't think much of the song, as a Jack White effort it's safe and a bit of a no brainer, an album filler. As a Bond theme it's pretty shite.

He threw a wobbly because he wrote the Coke track specifically for the advert but the Coke Zero uses an existing track, which he isn't happy about.

Do not question the 80s. It is a much maligned era where there was absolutely tons of good music, Duran Duran included. Don't make me make a list *shakes fist*

i'll defend 80's music to the hilt, a lot of cracking bands although a lot of the music sounds a bit dated now. but it was in general an awful time to grow up in. duran duran's best work came in the latter period of the decade, especially 'big thing' such an overlooked record.

the new bond theme is very disappointing especially as the last one was so strong. yes i agree its the kind of thing jack white could do in his sleep, but thats not the point! its a bond theme for crying out loud, put some effort into it man!!! jack white is getting complacent methinks!

No 80's, no "Stand and Deliver"Jan. I think I love both standing and delivering almost as much as Adam Ant did.

"I'm the dandy highwayman that you're afraid to mention, I spend my cash on looking FLASH! and grabbing your attention"

Genius.

That isn't a patch on his most recent effort, "Save the gorrilas" -set to the same song

Save the gorillas, your money for their lives

save the gorillas, no bullets and no knives etc

id check it out.

That isn't a patch on his most recent effort, "Save the gorrilas" -set to the same song

id check it out.

He should change it to "Canned and Delivered" then use it in a celeb packed ASDA advert. He could be working in the home delivery bit, then everyone comes in and does the Prince Charming dance.

id check it out.

Stand and Deliver cannot be bettered, even by the name himself.

This has already been discussed on Aberdeen Music here: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/planet-boo/41697-stand-deliver-adam-ants-greatest-pop-tune-all-time.html

Stand and Deliver cannot be bettered, even by the name himself.

This has already been discussed on Aberdeen Music here: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/planet-boo/41697-stand-deliver-adam-ants-greatest-pop-tune-all-time.html

An entirely accurate claim, it reveals more to the careful listener everytime you put it on. You should hear it on vinyl.