aberdeen-music

New Bond Theme

Scootray

I've yet to hear the new Bond theme. However, nobody was ever going to match-up to Duran Duran's ballbreaking, "View to a Kill". Despite some critic earlier in the thread, I also really like Garbage's effort.

It's weird, I always thought his singing was well out of tune on that record, like he didn't really understand what melody he was supposed to be attempting. Just think it's an odd one.

The bond themes I listen to the most are the hokiest. Carly Simon/Sheena E/Fuck it, I even like the Rita Coolidge one. Shitty chorus but the verse has a great melancholy quality about it. What was that one called again? Not Octopussy.

Live and Let Die. Yes. That is a great theme. Chris Cornell's - top notch. The new one? Erm... shall will we file this one alongside Shirley Bassey's Moonraker and Aha's The Living Daylights? I rather think so.

I know this is a totally random thought but I think "James Bond" should become a musical genre in its own right.

"Yeah, we play our own, original songs in the style of James Bond themes".

I'd go see that band.

It's weird, I always thought his singing was well out of tune on that record, like he didn't really understand what melody he was supposed to be attempting. Just think it's an odd one.

The bond themes I listen to the most are the hokiest. Carly Simon/Sheena E/Fuck it, I even like the Rita Coolidge one. Shitty chorus but the verse has a great melancholy quality about it. What was that one called again? Not Octopussy.

Live and Let Die. Yes. That is a great theme. Chris Cornell's - top notch. The new one? Erm... shall will we file this one alongside Shirley Bassey's Moonraker and Aha's The Living Daylights? I rather think so.

I know this is a totally random thought but I think "James Bond" should become a musical genre in its own right.

"Yeah, we play our own, original songs in the style of James Bond themes".

I'd go see that band.

Isn't the Octopussy theme called "All Time High"? I like all those ones too.

Living Daylights is a cracker though. Shame on you Mr Knight :down: