aberdeen-music

Did anyone see me yesterday?

jf9tp2wd40

Guest idol_wild
Its an idea that works very well for a number of other festivals across the country.

Umm, yeah. I know. And that is why I stated that I liked the idea behind it.

If it had ended after Bad Manners it would have been a really good festival. The headliner needs to be someone that appeals to the majority of people next time!

IME, festivals tend to have several peaks or sub-headliners.

Typically the acts that appeal to the family crowd who tend to leave/settlle down early, another for the folk who are not staying onsite & usually leave around the time the gate closes/last buses go & finally something for the guys who intend to be partying-on.

Trying to have someone who will appeal to everyone & keep them onsite the whole time is going to be a bit of a non-starter IMO.

Yeah, the attempts to create publicity on aberdeen-mad and efestivals was embaressing - next time use a different username or be honest, i'd suggest. .

Have to say that I agree to a point Jayne - You would have been better to state your involvement from the outset.

Many of the festie boards are sick to the back teeth of anonymous spammers but are equally quite appreciative of the chance at interaction with festival organisers. Or at very least, they know who to have a moan at or praise.

Don't change your username but do state when you have your official hat on or are speaking personally. :)

But then as people have pointed out on here, the music apparently isn't very important at festivals...:rolleyes:

It certainly was not the likes of Supergrass, Chas & fucking Dave or many of the other acts that got me & umpteen mates from all over the country on a 500mile+ round trip to Solfest this (or any other) year - It was the knowledge that we was going back to a well-run festival where a good time was going to be had - no matter what. With no hassle, excellent bogs & plenty of other attractions. :)

Two of the best four bands I saw this year were not even on the bill!

It reeks of family fun-day more than music festival to me; incidentally, was there a bouncy castle?

Families are a very important part of the customer base for the smaller festivals. IME, plenty of folk scour the listings for things like this where they can make a weekend of it & sub-camps comprising a number of families are far from uncommon IME.

There was a bouncy chute - Wheee! :p:D

Guest Jake Wifebeater
He's not a sleaze, he can't pull for shit :p

Not fucking surprised when your best line is "Ooh, we'll have to go for a coffee sometime".

Fact.

Not :up: in the slightest...

As for Sandi Thom - does she play local festivals for a fish supper & a lift home? She seems to be at Wizard one year, TITP the next week, Feugh the year after. All coinciding with her sliding into obscurity.....

Annoyingly she seems to have another hit on her hands with that Saturday Night thing, it's on the radio all the time.