aberdeen-music

Recommendations #1

Stephen

Hmmmm decided gunna share my love for music on a regular basis by recommending albums every so often on here. Just back from practice too and cant sleep so yea. listenin to at the moment:

Recover - Rodeo And Picasso : seeing them next monday so reckon bit of screaming yet melodic hardcore wouldnt go a miss. see why both Jamesy of weapon and Jim of wbl love these guys so much. see so much of both bands in recovers music. very nice

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow : lovely indie rock record. in a perfect world these guys would be more popular cause reckon if these guys got as much exposure as they deserve they would be huge. very sellable indie sound and make some great 'pop' songs

Jeff Buckley - Grace : one of best albums ever? certainly not far away. hallelujah is one of most beautiful pieces of music ever, eternal life is rock as fuck and last goodbye speaks for itself. every song on here is well crafted and makes a pleasure of a listen whatever mood im in

thats all for tonight. maybe more soon. not that you care :p i just needed to ramble before heading to bed :D

night night

Mind if I join you? :D

Aim - Hinterland: Fantastic chilled out hip hop. Great album for say a sunny afternoon with a few beers or whatever and just sitting and taking it easy too. Also one of those albums I like to drift off to at night. Not all instrumental but all beautiful.

Tegan & Sara - If It Was You: Joyous indiepoppyrock stuff with some brilliantly innocent lyrics and one of my favourite albums that I've got this year. Love it to bits and can't fail to raise a smile on both my lips and in my heart [aaaaaaaaw :p ]. Vocals sound like a mish mash of Alanis Morisette, Cerys Matthews and some other more rocky voice but don't let that put you off! Haven't got into the other albums as much but love this one to death :love:

my recomendations:

SPIRITUAL BEGGARS - Ad Astra

because stoner rock can be very good when it is done properly.

CARCASS - Heartwork

because it is very very very very good and it is also heavier than a really heavy house that has a family of fat people living in it (and they have all their relatives round too)

KILL II THIS - Deviate

because not many bands make records that sound like machine head meets fear factory without sounding piss.

THE HAUNTED - The Haunted

because Sweden rules. Also because it is the best thash album of the 90's that nods towards the 80's but doesn't sound dated at all.

Guest The Tourist
Originally posted by Dan Atom:

my recomendations:

SPIRITUAL BEGGARS - Ad Astra

because stoner rock can be very good when it is done properly.

CARCASS - Heartwork

because it is very very very very good and it is also heavier than a really heavy house that has a family of fat people living in it (and they have all their relatives round too)

KILL II THIS - Deviate

because not many bands make records that sound like machine head meets fear factory without sounding piss.

THE HAUNTED - The Haunted

because Sweden rules. Also because it is the best thash album of the 90's that nods towards the 80's but doesn't sound dated at all.

Dan, where do you find these shite metal bands? Is it here?

bands.jpg

I recommend...

Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave....em theyre awesome, nuff said!!

And will also back Stephen up by saying that Grace is undoubtedly one of the best albums Ive EVER heard....

Last Goodbye IS THE song!! Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, shiver down the spine and all that!

I'm still going for the Living End - I'll vouch for them as they're not Hardcore/Metal or Trannies like any of the other bands mentioned.

Pure, uncut Australian old fashioned pop punk, with blinding guitar solos and catchy hooks. Dual vocals - usually good harmonies - and just generally a catchy band. This year i've only really been listening The Living End and CKy.... both as great as each other.

Guest Nikola Tesla

Most of these are pretty well know but still great music

Broken Oath/Evicerate A.D split cd : probibly one of my favourite metalcore realeases,especialy for Broken Oath :up:

Goatsblood 'Drull' : Killer sludgecore with traces of black metal and grindcore

Decapitated 'Nihilty': One of my favourite death metal realeases, really technical. Impressive for a band of relative youth