aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

My "username" is my name.

In so much as it is my nickname and has been for about 8 or so years. But the origin of the nick name is to do with X Files yes.

so if you're not careful I'll come out of hibernation and kill you to eat your spleen, then go back to my newspaper & bile lair!!! Mwahaha.

In so much as it is my nickname and has been for about 8 or so years. But the origin of the nick name is to do with X Files yes.

so if you're not careful I'll come out of hibernation and kill you to eat your spleen, then go back to my newspaper & bile lair!!! Mwahaha.

Eugene%2BVictor%2BTooms%2B1.jpg

Aye aye. I just watched that episode last night, and thought "Hmmm, Tooms, where have I heard that name recently?". And here you are. I could crush you with an escalator. Ah well. Getting back on topic....

No you wont...ya pussycat....8-)

No you wont...ya pussycat....8-)

aaah you got me.

THAT Tooms is my evil twin...i'm the good twin. (twins with the same name, no less...)

yah, anyway moving on...

Gear. I'm looking at getting some new overhead condensor mics (predominantly for recording cymbals). I've tried out a pair AKG C 1000 S and they're pretty good.

Any other recommendations. (on a similar budget to the AKGs)

what the fuck you on about...

hahahaha

Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about... You bought a Behringer bass combo, chopped it in half, and then stuck a mesa sticker on the top half, and an ampeg sticker on the bottom. I took a photo of your rig last night...

ampeg.jpg

How did your Encore 'ripper' copy play?

:D

don't pretend you don't know what i'm talking about... You bought a behringer bass combo, chopped it in half, and then stuck a mesa sticker on the top half, and an ampeg sticker on the bottom. I took a photo of your rig last night...

ampeg.jpg

how did your encore 'ripper' copy play?

:D

ahahahahahahaha...

Every time.

• 5 months later...

Finally got all my gear together in the same place for a group shot.

n573972363_1294202_7907.jpg

Back row: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson Les Paul 1954 Reissue, Fender Mark Knopfler Stratocaster, Silvertone 1452 "Hornet

On sofa from left: Fender mandolin, Mystery banjo, Vintage ukelele, Mystery violin circa 19th c

Front row from left: Tatra Classic, Squier 51 aka Fender Mattocaster, Epiphone Chet Atkins SST, Squier Precision, Gretsch 6119, Gibson J-45, Eko Ranger XII, Burns Double Six

Finally got all my gear together in the same place for a group shot.

n573972363_1294202_7907.jpg

Back row: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson Les Paul 1954 Reissue, Fender Mark Knopfler Stratocaster, Silvertone 1452 "Hornet

On sofa from left: Fender mandolin, Mystery banjo, Vintage ukelele, Mystery violin circa 19th c

Front row from left: Tatra Classic, Squier 51 aka Fender Mattocaster, Epiphone Chet Atkins SST, Squier Precision, Gretsch 6119, Gibson J-45, Eko Ranger XII, Burns Double Six

Good lord, quite the collection! Is that a Bigsby on the Squier?

Good lord, quite the collection! Is that a Bigsby on the Squier?

Yup, Bigsby B5. It's a project guitar that's taking me ages to complete. So far I have replaced the Squier logo with a custom made "Fender Mattocaster" decal, replaced the stock rotary pickup selector switch with a Les Paul style toggle, replaced the volume/pickup split knob with a Gretsch style knob, replaced the stock bridge with a "bar" style bridge off an old 60s Japanese guitar, installed a Bigsby B5 and replaced the neck pickup with a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. I had also replaced the bridge pickup with an EMG but I didn't like it so I sold it and will eventually get a Seymour Duncan P-Rails in there.

n573972363_707146_1736.jpg

n573972363_1244054_814.jpg

The Gretsch 6119 is very, very nice, if you don't mind saying, how much did it sting you?

I bought it second hand in Houston in 2003 and it cost 700. They were looking for a fair bit more in dollars but my mate who lives in Houston now said "I know how to haggle with these guys", went and asked them for a calculator and worked out what 700 was in dollars (I think it was around $1,100 dollars at the time). And they went for it. :)

However, I had to spend a bit to get it up to scratch, the stock pickups were crap so I had to spend about 120 on TV Jones replacements, the stock bridge was useless so I think I paid about 30 for a decent one and I also had a custom "Chet Atkins" pickguard made, so all in all I've got about 900 in the guitar. It's a killer now, definitely one of my favourites.

n573972363_621205_4179.jpg

might aswell join in :)

000_0002-1.jpg

thats my rig, made up of:

marshall 1960a cab

parker p38 with a roland gk2 attached

12u gator standard rack filled with:

access virus b

korg wavestation sr

line 6 filter pro and echo pro

boss gx700

digitech ips33b

marshall jmp

samson servo 180

and on the back of the rack

000_0004.jpg

motu 828 interface

yamaha g50 guitar/midi converter

soon to be a samson powerbrite power conditioner

and behringer di8000

and proper cable ties/duck tape on route to keep the fucker tidy:)

also there's a fuzz factory, marshall shredmaster and ernie ball vol pedal (used for expression for ips33b) on the floor, and two more guitars in the form of a fender MIM telecaster and epiphone tom delonge (dont laugh, i absolutely love it:up:)

Also, my macbook would be involved too for routing/effects/sequencing.