aberdeen-music

Best B-side ever?

kirkt

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the queers - queerbait

why that song didn't make the cut for 'punk rock confidential' i have no idea, i can only imagine that they decided to record it seperately just to go on that single

Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby..

A DJ in the states decided to flip the disc over and thus it became the biggest selling rap/hip hop single... Pretty much single handedly got "Whitey" into Rap and Hip Hop.... Although it`s now a bit uncool to admit that you like Vanilla Ice...

Also Anneuyrism by Nirvana was the flip side to "That Song"....... Still reckon it`s better.

So in my opinion i`d say Nirvana but in terms of what a song accomplished then i`d say Vanilla Ice... and more importantly some wierd dj in the US.

Originally posted by Ross:

Also Anneuyrism by Nirvana was the flip side to "That Song"....... Still reckon it`s better.

Aye, but that was a slower grungier version of aneurysm, the version from insesticide and live versions were better [/Nirvana geek] ...i could never really figure out why they recorded that version, cos i've never found a live recording of it in that arrangement...

Originally posted by phoenix_down:

the wildhearts - basically allt he b-sides on coupled with are great.

WH's b-sides are better than most band's singles. AND they almost always record new songs for singles rather than shit remixes or rubbish live versions. Quality and value for money!

oasis - the masterplan

like the wildhearts, oasis also write songs specifically for b-side but in some cases they fuck it right up with what should be an a-side and what should be a b-side

the masterplan is a perfect example

tis just one of the finest songs ive ever heard :)

Guest neil ex

great b-sides by the smiths:

sweet and tender hooligan

half a person

please, please, please let me get what i want

asleep

these things take time

london

william, it was really nothing

oscillate wildly

girl afraid

heaven knows i'm miserable now

I would say; Aeroplane Flies High by Smashing Pumpkins (how did that not make it onto Mellon Collie?), the Masterplan by Oasis (although they had so many good b-sides), Winter Wookie by Belle and Sebastian and Aneurysm by Nirvana