aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Sadly, the same has been said at the end of most seasons since they came into the SFL. Without a massive change in attitude at board level, they're forever destined to be also-rans.

I've seen a couple of Elgin City preseason games every summer since they've been in the SFL, and i've been more and more impressed by the performance every single year.. except last summer. They were truely awful and with 'players' like Shallicker being relied upon for goals, I could tell that it'd be a terrible season, with long ball tactics the norm. Wish I put a bet on them coming last...

This will be the first summer i've missed the annual ICT pre-season games against *insert highland league/northern based SFL teams. Ach well, small mercies; I was getting bored of us getting humped by Peterhead and Ross County :up:

Your boys completely dicked on us today. Outclassed in every department. We didn't look like doing anything until Oba and Viduka came on.

If our players had half of the passion that our fans do we'd be nowhere near this position.

I know, i think the scoreline flattered you guys a lot. How your keeper managed to keep Huddlestone's shots out i'll never know, the boy has some sort of piston-powered right foot.

I still don't think we'll qualify for Europe, that'll be a good thing for re-building the team in my opinion.

i thought the weakened team sir alex put out today was a complete disgrace and showed complete disrespect towards both everton and the FA cup. when are the powers that be going to act on this? it really pisses me off, same with villa and spurs in the UEFA Cup. in the old days you used to get a fine for putting out a weakened team. i dont know how it could be implemented in this day and age of squads mind.

so congratulations everton for beating man utd reserves on pens!

And playing us at Balmoor in the last game. You guys seem to hate coming up here :D

The 3-0 pumping still ways heavy on my mind! You have had a rather impressive home record this year in general.

Ayr still the only club in the UK not to get beaten at home this year other than Liverpool! If East Fife or Alloa somehow manage to ruin that I'll probably do a violence.

I'm gonna guess no-one else was at Tannadice on Saturday, but I want a partial refund on my season ticket after watching that game! Pitiful! Anyone else who was there would know what I mean......

Oh well, at least there is only potentially exciting games ahead of us now!

Killie have been a bit of a boob team for us this season though (along with Motherwell), i'm happier with the progress to a draw than losing to them for a third time this season.

i really think newcastle are doomed, seems shearer wasnt quite the messiah after all but it aint over till its over i suppose. hull looking shaky now as well, lee dixon reckoned it was when phil brown got them all in the centre circle at half time at man city like naughty little schoolboys that started their downfall.

did anyone see gazza on motd 2 last night? was it me or was he pished (despite claiming being sober for four months?).

meanwhile down in toilet land, an incredibly exciting end to the blue square premier season - can burton throw away possibly one of the biggest leads of all time? they were 19 points clear at one point! they're still favourites but a defeat at torquay and a win by four goals for cambridge against altringham at home and the title comes to the abbey and we take our place in the football league after four seasons in the wilderness. could the unthinkable happen? tis gonna be a nervy day on sunday thats for sure - bring it on!

Guest idol_wild
did anyone see gazza on motd 2 last night? was it me or was he pished (despite claiming being sober for four months?).

I think it's just that he's a total fuck-up now, sadly.

It was really tough viewing. I felt sorry for him.

Or could he could have been inebriated off his nut. Either way, not good!