aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

i cant be bothered searching 300 odd pages to find the post but whoever said Arshavin would not make a bit of difference to Arsenal was obviously taking crack, he has been magnificent since he signed, cant wait to see him next season when he has properly settled to life in england. Dont seem to hear too many calls for Wenger's head now.........

i cant be bothered searching 300 odd pages to find the post but whoever said Arshavin would not make a bit of difference to Arsenal was obviously taking crack, he has been magnificent since he signed, cant wait to see him next season when he has properly settled to life in england. Dont seem to hear too many calls for Wenger's head now.........

I'll admit I was one of those who thought he'd come to nothing due to his seemingly surprise performances at the euros. Seemed to be a one tournament wonder at the time, but the boy's done good.

Arsenal are still shite though.

Ok, he was not bad in the Uefa Cup, but who had actually heard of him before the Euros?

depends how much your into your football, i had seen him in Football Manager and used to sign him all the time, the game doesnt usually get it far wrong, however we dont get very much news about russian football and until the last few years there was good reason, its only in the past 3-4 years people have started talking about russian football again.

They should be better than what they are for the talent they have is the "shite" I meant.

Unbeaten in 22 games, semi final of champs league, not bad for an under achieving club.

They had a rubbish part of the season due to injuries, hence the thin squad comment but if they have their first team fit then there are few teams who could actually out play them, they seem to have got the nack of fighting for games as well now.

Er, I'd heard of him before the Euros... The Uefa Cup took place before the Euros...

FourFourTwo also mentioned Arshavin for the first time a few years ago in an article about players who will never leave their current clubs, including Arshavin, Scholes and funnily enough - Pavlychenko. His league form has been consistent for the past 3 or 4 years. Mid table clubs from Bundesliga, Seria A and La Liga had approached him, but Zenit took good care of him by giving him a ridiculous wage (which was upped even further after their Uefa Cup success). Arshavin went on to say that he wanted to stay at Zenit for life. Since then, his form featured in the back pages of FFT, where they round up whats going on in leagues around the world.

So, he wasn't invisible to the footballing world. He just wasn't on the back pages of the Sun with a speculated 200m move to Chelsea in the works.

I have alot of time for Arsenal. I've been a big fan of Walcott especially for the past couple of years. If England need anything, it's a fast winger. Not boring, legless Beckham. His goal against Villareal last week summed up that he really is the real deal. Defensively they are shakey. Even at full strength, they lack airial presence and they really need a couple of big strong centre backs this summer. They had a ropey start, but they are on superb form now, and hopefully they'll push Chelsea all the way til May for 3rd place.

Ok, he was not bad in the Uefa Cup, but who had actually heard of him before the Euros?

He's been great for years. Back in your box, armchair boy ;).

Results down at the shitty end of the Premiership went well for us today. Heading down to St. James' on Monday to catch the Pompey game... could be one hell of a depressing drive home...

Who is the commentator on the Man Yoo v. Spurzz game? Whoever he is, he's a tube.

"Ronaldo lines up the free kick, the best free kick taker in the world".

Aye that'll be right! Ronaldo did us all a favour by putting it straight into the wall.

The commentator obviously doesn't watch the Lyon games that Setanta also cover!

Who is the commentator on the Man Yoo v. Spurzz game? Whoever he is, he's a tube.

Aye that'll be right! Ronaldo did us all a favour by putting it straight into the wall.

And clearly hasn't seen Bobby "God" Mann. What a strike he had today, absolute screamer - and it'll be for viewing on the PFC website around 6 tomorrow :up:

Away win for City as well. I must be dreaming!

Juninho? definitely the most consistent free kick taker. Always seems to get it on target which is the most important thing, make the keeper work, possible rebound if it doesn't go in and all that. French league has been really good this season, nobody's looked invincible and Gourcuf is emerging as the new Zidane.

On a completely unrelated note. How come the Burmese aren't better at football? Came across this video and felt compelled to share it but don't know where to post it. This thread'l do seeing as its more than likely read by people who would appreciate these unbelievable skills

beats soccer am skill school any day!

Just leaving for the pub

Off to Hampden this afternoon.....

:up:

Which venue will have more people? :up:

In fairness i've been to 2 Scottish Cup semi finals with ICT, v. Dunfermline and Dundee... with both ties yeilding less than 10,000 folk at Hampden.

Tynecastle next time pleeazz

How I don't have a hangover today I don't know!

Just leaving for the pub, high hopes for the game today. Well, hopes. Unless I get jumped by THE FEAR before I make it. I'm in C3 row BB if anyone else is going...

We were in also in row BB, section C4 though. You'd have probably heard Jake having an apoplepsy when the pen was given. We left straight after that.......