aberdeen-music

The Xcerts MTV Spanking New Session..

Murray

can i have a refund for the 30 seconds i spent watching this before I hit alt-f4 in disgust please?

nice. the musical intelligientia of aberdeen come up with some friendly constructive criticism once more.

great set. surprised that they were able to transfer the energy of their live set into a more mellow performance. it was good, i enjoyed it.

so you watched the advert then turned off half way through it in disgust. i think your right ian botham is a twat.

What advert? It had an mtv splash screen for a couple of seconds then cut to 3 weedy kids, I closed it when one of them started to "sing" really badly.

I don't even think Stripey merits a reasoned response in this thread. The X-Certs are doing brilliantly well and are a great band. Stripey makes music that could possibly be used for loading screens on Playstation games (at best). There's not even a debate to be had.

Back to the topic, well done lads :up:

"there is not even a debate to be had"? Are you seriously suggesting that on a site like this, in a forum called "music discussion" there is no place for criticism? If you disagree with my opinion, fair enough, but resorting to petty digs and saying there is no room for debate is just pathetic, people with such an attitude are everything that is wrong with the "music scene" here and aberdeen itself.

Also those "3 weedy kids" are the best thing to come out of the Aberdeen Music 'scene' in a long time, so i think they are worth more than a 30 second listen. There's a reason why they are playing on MTV.

I just tried listening again, managed a bit longer until the guy with the thick glasses started singing and had to switch it off again because it all started to look and sound like some horrendously awful parody. They are really terrible singers. The whole thing is unbearably cheesy.

best thing to come out of aberdeen in the last 3-4 years in my opinion.

disagree, thats fine

but to call them cheesy, when this whole city is still into metal and they are one of few succesful bands that have broken away from it, i think thats ridiculous.

fucking great band. at least they make music they enjoy. and tbh stripey i really would advocate seeing them live before passing judgement on them as a whole-i liked this performance but i dont think it really represents what the xcerts are about-a mental live show and bundles of energy

can i have a refund for the 30 seconds i spent watching this before I hit alt-f4 in disgust please?

Stripey,

that's not even criticism, that's just a jealous dig, get a grip, was there need to post that?

fair enough constructive criticism and all, it helps.

But dont be a wanker.

Stripey,

that's not even criticism, that's just a jealous dig, get a grip, was there need to post that?

But dont be a wanker.

Argh! Curse this obsession with so-called 'constructive' criticism! Would you really respect Stripey more if he had egotistically offered his opinion on exactly what he thought The Xcerts should do to make them 'good'? So he didn't like them... there's no need to be aggressive.

Personally, I don't think the songs sound good at all when performed like that, and I was irritated by the shamelessly MTV camera jerking around a lot, trying to add apparent punky aesthetic to 3 folks sitting down. I do however think their songs are pretty good usually, so power to 'em.

Stripey,

But dont be a wanker.

It's my opinion, you seem to have mistaken this website for the the standing ovation in a wardrobe that was in clarissa the teenage witch. People who want a pat on the back just for making an effort should stick to getting feedback from their mum if they can't face the real world.

Also, as far as jealously goes you are so far off the mark it's funny. I would rather die than have anything to do with MTV.

in that case you just seem like a properly bitter cunt who has little worthwhile to say.

if its not constructive, it achieves nothing and doesnt help anyone improve, ergo: pointless. i just feel like you should give a band some feedback if you dislike them, rather than discouraging whatever flailing talents emerge from the largely fucking awful scene in this city.

in that case you just seem like a properly bitter cunt who has little worthwhile to say.

if its not constructive, it achieves nothing and doesnt help anyone improve, ergo: pointless. i just feel like you should give a band some feedback if you dislike them, rather than discouraging whatever flailing talents emerge from the largely fucking awful scene in this city.

I have given them some feedback, namely that I personally found it excrutiating to watch and listen to. I'm not so much of a cunt that I would presume to tell them how to fix this though, it's their act afterall.

From the slavish praise some of the people have given them in this thread it sounds like they are doing something right for a certain type of audience, I just happen to think it's a load of fake and worthless pap, it's acting, it's a facsimile of the rubbish these kids grow up watching and listening to, complete with the degradation you get from making copies of copies.