aberdeen-music

Drum N Bass

Lemonade

YouTube - Rascal & Klone - Promises

This tune is a bit repetitive (typical of DJ Hazard), but the video is classic:

I know Pendulum bashing is the current popular thing if you like dnb, and while In Silico is one of the shittest albums of all time, Hold Your Colour is fucking amazing (except Slam, so sick of that song).

I'll admit I'm a little fond of Girl In The Fire but for every piece of decent music they make, there's about ten Slams or Granites. All their stuff sounds the fucking same so they can take a four piece band on tour to prove how much better drum and bass is if you turn it into cheesy rock music.

I do like the Rascal & Clone though :up: that's how you do it right!

Last rave I went to, Aphrodite was the headline. I think it was Love Parade After Party '06, in San Francisco. It was great, 'cos he had Audio Angel doing his Ready Or Not Fugees remix as a live vocal!

And also great 'cos when the SF official came in to shut the jungle room down at 2am, and the lights came up, he took one look at how pilled up everyone was and just about shat himself.

I'm just starting to get into this.... though my knowledge of the genre is pretty much limited to whatever CDs have fallen off the cover of magazines and what I've read in Mixmag etc....

So what's a good place to start in the d'n'b world? Would appreciate the names of a few artists / DJs whose stuff I can pick up on CD (sold my record decks to pay a council tax bill, booooo!), any decent labels worth checking out, details of clubnights around Scotland etc...

dj-emoticons.gif

ohh no doubt start with High Contrast songs! they have some good dnb!!

Spor makes some wicked heavy sounds. And Blame is also great. I've got Logical Progression L2 somewhere which is super chill.

YouTube - Gridlok - Flamethrower

YouTube - Ed Rush & Optical - Get ill / feat Ryme Tyme & Scratch Perverts

YouTube - Break & Silent Witness - X Track

There's some neurofunk goodness for this thread.

That Phace tune is pretty beasting - I have only ever heard the stuff they did with Noisia. Will definitely check some more of their tunes out.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is awesome, went and got myself a bunch of Gein,Spor, Noisia and Counterstrike tracks, thats some amazing jungle shit ! oh yeah! thanks folks :up:

Gein are fucking sick but harsh, harsh, HARSH. I can recommend their Skinsuit Session mixes, which you might still be able to get on the web if yer lucky.

Today I was rooting around looking for old London Elektricity live band sets and I really like this:

• 1 month later...

noisia is number one for me unknow error, konflict, and bad company are high up there too. i could list so much but i am a bit loose.......

subcribe to the dnb arena pod cast it is always banging (get the ZEN one with UMCZ some the greatest mc'ing you will ever hear.) last fm is good for finding stuff too

been going off dnb a little starting to really get in to dubstep more

oh for all you pendulum bashers they have a good ear mixing and will put on a better set than most. good as dj's but bad as a "rock" band. .

They do throw a good party when they DJ, that's for sure.

I'd like to voice some appreciation for Jonny L, as I recently discovered his XL Recordings back catalogue is on Spotify, including Piper and his two albums on that label. Class stuff.

I also discovered from his Bio on there that he co-produced the Truesteppers hits and some tracks for S-Club 7. WTF??

Guest droid
They do throw a good party when they DJ, that's for sure.

I'd like to voice some appreciation for Jonny L, as I recently discovered his XL Recordings back catalogue is on Spotify, including Piper and his two albums on that label. Class stuff.

I also discovered from his Bio on there that he co-produced the Truesteppers hits and some tracks for S-Club 7. WTF??

Got Magnetic back in 98 when it came out,Viper featuring Optical is a sick tune!

• 4 weeks later...
Data on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I'm liking this guy's stuff. Some of it sounds like early Photek, some of it sounds like Amit. Nice ambient sounds, anyway.

Nice find!

I just recently picked up Form & Function Volume 2. Photek, what the fuck happened to you? Half of the tunes are generic amen break with shitty female vocals. Oh dear.

Nice find!

I just recently picked up Form & Function Volume 2. Photek, what the fuck happened to you? Half of the tunes are generic amen break with shitty female vocals. Oh dear.

Yeah, it's really not that great and virtually nothing like Form & Function. Saturated Hiphop and One Nation are really the only 'true' Photek tracks on it, and those were older unreleased tracks, IIRC.

I don't mind some of his newer stuff like Age Of Empires, though.