aberdeen-music

Worst album/live show of the year?

medichi

"Best" is dull - what are the WORST albums and gigs you've actaully paid money for this year?

Live - Dragonforce were AWFUL at the Black Crusade. Seriously, physically painful.

Album - Throwdown "Venom and Tears", Nora "Save Yourself" and ETID "The Big Dirty" were all HORRIBLY dissapointing. Bad, bad albums. The Burial record I got was shit too.

Guest idol_wild

I don't remember too many bad shows to be honest. Maybe a support band or two.

If I have to choose one, I'd say a band called The Aphrodisiacs who supported Thee More Shallows at The Tunnels. Terrible band, terrible songs, terribly executed. In my very humble opinion.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Worst album of the year was the new Television Personalities album (I think it was called "Are we nearly there yet?")

I mean, I know the guy is broken in the mind and all, but there was no reason for something so awesomely poor.

Billy CHildish's last one was appalling as well.

It was so bad that it actually made me hate the three chords he perpetually uses in every single song. So much so that if I hear any of those three chords, I am physically sick.

Worst gig for me was Meat Loaf at the Odyssey Areana in Belfast. I was there to review it, and the magazine wouldn't publish it as I was so harsh.

I left halfway through, and there was a guy arguing with the bouncers, shouting: "I want a full refund. I paid 40 to see Meat Loaf, and that's not him. That's just some rubbish old fella who can't hit a note."

Prompting the title of my review: "He'd do anything for love but he can't hit a note."

I thought it was quite clever, actually...

Worst album i've heard - Terrorizer - Darker Days Ahead

Simply shocking for a band who once used to hold the torch of grindcore the highest but to simply release an abomination of an album with no soul and feeling is just a shitstorm.

Really tarnished a once great name.

Worst live show - Calvin Harris supporting Faithless

I'd never heard of Calvin Harris before this gig and didn't know what to expect and fuck me what a pile of over dressed , mediocre , talentless tripe i've ever heard.

I can tolerate alot of " mainstream" dance music but this just made want to maddy the fucking lot of them.

Guest bluesxman

At risk of incurring the wrath of Swans fans everywhere again, Michael Gira supporting Boredoms is the one gig I can recall being truly unimpressed. On balance I have however ordered a couple of Swans CD's, I've chosen their last couple of releases though, as apparently they are reckoned to have been an influence on Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Time will tell.

I thought Alabama 3's recent gig at The Lemon Tree was pretty poor too. D.Wayne Love now proves an irritation with his out of time ad-libs and improvisations. The ageing 'first time i've been out to a gig in years, better get pissed up and 'dance'' crowd didn't curb my irritation any.

i didnt go to it, but i imagine BMTH at moshulu the other night being AWFUL.

What a disgraceful thing to say - how would you like it if people dismissed your band without even bothering to see you first? Oh wait...toys have already been thrown out of the pram on that particular point.

I thought Alabama 3's recent gig at The Lemon Tree was pretty poor too. D.Wayne Love now proves an irritation with his out of time ad-libs and improvisations. The ageing 'first time i've been out to a gig in years, better get pissed up and 'dance'' crowd didn't curb my irritation any.

Oh god, I'd forgotten the abomination that was the Glasgow Academy show. Fuck this band.

What a disgraceful thing to say - how would you like it if people dismissed your band without even bothering to see you first? Oh wait...toys have already been thrown out of the pram on that particular point.

you link me to where that happened, and maybe i will listen to you for once...

Loser.

Guest idol_wild

I'll also put in Free Korps' performance at The Tunnels when they played with Alamos a few months back. They sound as if they listen to the Kaiser Chiefs far too much. I think they're local, so I'm probably in for some abuse. But fuck it.