aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
We've got a horrible start to the season and then 2 trips to Glasgow (Gretna at Fir Park and St Mirren) over Christmas. Not great fixtures.

True, but Rangers on December 22nd and ICT on 2nd January will be good.

apparently according to the woking messageboard the opening day fixtures have been leaked and we'll be playing away at newly promoted salisbury city - that'll be a fucking banana skin opener if it is true - on a positive note its the sort of game setanta might show as their opening match for the new TV deal....

Lovell is wanted by Bournemouth apparantely, but Calderwood has said they would need to break the bank to get him.

Bit dissapointed, as I would have hoped Jimmy would have just told them where to go and say he's one of our most important players and he's not for sale. He's got two years left on his contract anyway.

de Visscher looks really good. I think he's gonna get a starting place. He's very small but quick and skillful.

Very tough start to the season, though. We can't afford another opening day draw to United. Is anyone else a bit sick of United away for the first game of the season? It pains me to see so many enthusiastic folk flocking down and filling up Tannadice. It's only United that benefit. A home game would have been much better to try and get a bumper crowd and hopefully a win. Hopefully if we get a result we will get a big crowd against Hearts.

Looks like Anderson's off to Sunderland:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Aberdeen | Anderson opens Sunderland talks

Pissed off the club haven't tried to keep him at all and 1million seems a pathetic amount considering the kind of cash going for other Scottish players just now.

Less than a year left on his contract, probably only getting a couple of grand a week wages. I don't think 1million is that bad business. If you had him tied down on a longer deal, with a higher wage i'd suggest 2.5 Million would be a reasonable figure. At least you'll be using the money to keep Jimmy Calderwood on as manager ;)

Just wonder how long Anderson's knee/back will last in the EPL?