aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

My brother's booked a return flight to Kiev for 340. No way in hell I can afford this ;(

Sounds alright. I had a return, departing Edinburgh on the 3rd via Heathrow, an over night stay in Vienna, get there on the 4th at 1500hrs. Returning on the 5th without the overnight stay.

1580 without the ticket, drinking etc. :down:

But if i have to do it then so be it!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen have got a rotten draw I think - Dnipro beat the Polish runners up 5-3 on aggregate in the 2nd qualifying round for a start.

Given the alternatives of Bayern Munich, Club Brugge, Heerenveen or CSKA Sofia, I'd have happily taken Bayern Munich and at least guaranteed a huge night at Pittodrie. But Dnipro is just rotten - our only option will be to attack them from the outset regardless of the consequences.

Whatever happens, Calderwood absolutely has to realise that Aberdeen's negativity in the recent past has cost them dearly in Europe.

ooh eck derby got a right tanking today by liverpool

Well, it was nice seeing ya Premiership...

Today was made all the more horrible that by some bizarre fluke I was able to watch the whole nightmare of a game on the telly via some South African satellite channel.

Welcome to the harsh world of the Saturday afternoon coupon!

My eightfold was burst by Fulham in the LAST SODDING MINUTE.

Gah!

Fulham didn't help my fantasy team with that comeback. Got 3 spurs players including Robinson and it was looking pretty good for most of the game.

As for the coupon, probably karma for sending mocking texts to Ross P about signing Malkowski

Guest DustyDeviada

I wouldn't be especially fussed if he went, yes he has done well in his time here, but some of his decisions are baffling and infuriating. My only concern is who the hell would replace him?

I wouldn't be especially fussed if he went, yes he has done well in his time here, but some of his decisions are baffling and infuriating. My only concern is who the hell would replace him?

I'd be more worried about losing his contacts to be honest - he's proven that he can land decent players and he does have foreign coaching experience, something that we'd be unlikely to get in any new manager. Given Aberdeen's shocking record in managers, I can't see us replacing Calderwood with anyone decent if he did leave. Nicholl would probably leave too - and what's the odds of getting anyone even remotely as experienced as him as a replacement assistant?

I'd expect that if Calderwood left for down south there would be a small exodus of players like Nicholson, Severin and Smith as they would probably be snapped up by him in the January transfer window.

He is the right manager for Aberdeen but the board haven't exactly opened up their wallets to back him in their European push. They should really have spent the 1m they got for Anderson on a good, solid centre back to replace him.

Eh? Lovell did fuck all except miss sitters by the radio accounts, so I don't think it made any difference at all.

well they won their first game of the season and it was the first one he didn't start (if i remember correctly) so I'd suggest that maybe it did have some sort of effect on the team.