aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

I hope that the (getting frustrated) fans, who pay good money to see their team, get a good explanation of what thhe hell is going on. The numbers at Pittodrie are obviously going to drop due this lack lustre and fairly uninspiring start to the season. Things seem very unsettled down there.

Absolutely.

I've attended every game this season so far and really don't have one positive thing to say. We are half the team we were at this stage last season.

Leaving out our best striker and arguably most important player (people seem to forget nowadys that scoring goals is how you win football matches - even Jimmy "gung ho" Calderwood) has been unforgiveable.

There's so much to get tore into but It's not gonna change anything.

The fans are always wrong anyway..........

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I can remember him getting booed as a young right back, before he switched to central defence. He certainly made quite a few errors back then.

He sure did, I remember his first Dons game back in '97, Pars were the visitors. Stewart Petrie gave him a total torching all afternoon and we won 2-0!

you know i cant remember the last time cambridge started a season so well (well actually i can it was 1998/99 long before this board existed!) so its nice not to be coming on here moaning how shit we are and calling for the manager's head!!! considoring we played shit our last two games, had a virus spreading throughout the squad and have four key players out injured (in a pretty small squad) and still got two draws including our second injury goal of the season speaks volumes for the progression made under mr quinn. though a few defeats and that will all change of course, boy us footy fans are fickle!!

and todays trivia question is this...

who is the only player in history to have scored in the Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester local derbies?

Scott Dobie!?! Jimmy must be high... seriously, replacing the best finisher at the club with a striker who has scored a whopping 3 goals in 40 appearances for Forest, just why!?!

He has a fiver left in his wallet, he's at the till and feels the need to get a cheap anything out of the bargain bin...

Oh, almost forgot... best thing to happen today has got to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer retiring :up: hate the little prick.

what could you possibly have against one of the most consumate professionals English football has seen in recent years? I'm a Liverpool fan and even I can appreciate that he's pure class.

Also, it's probably about time to give up being surprised or complaining about anything that orange muppet down at Pittodrie does. He blatantly doesn't listen to a word anyone else says and seems intent on running the team into the floor this season. If he's short of cash how could he even consider selling Lovell over Mackie? We're going to get embarressed out of the UEFA cup in a couple weeks time...

words fail me

what could you possibly have against one of the most consumate professionals English football has seen in recent years? I'm a Liverpool fan and even I can appreciate that he's pure class.

With all due respect mate, are you having a laugh? Definitely a very, very good finisher but he's got to be one of the biggest cunts in the league. Always willing to stick an elbow in someone's face if you could get away with it, and he was quite good at diving too.

This and a horrible clothesline on Aaron Hughes that nearly took his head off inspired my hatred of this horrible little shit from a young age.

Gets on my tits everyone sees him as the model professional too, grrr...

Rant over!

:up:

He's seen as the model pro because of his loyalty to his club (despite several offers of big money to go elsewhere when he wasn't getting regular 1st team footy.), his lack of complaining about being left on the bench on multiple occasions (when most modern players would have thrown a tantrum), his influence on younger players at the club and his desire to play through a knee injury that has dogged him for the latter part of his career. I think these qualities slightly outway 2 admittedly unsporting incidents which if we're honest are no worse than some of the shit i've seen coming from players such as Shearer and Beckham who are repeatedly sighted as consumate proffesionals and good role models for youngsters.

Also, he's got a lot more to his game than finishing and lurking around the 6 yard box. Apparently his skill on the right was one of the main reasons Fergie felt he could part ways with Beckham. Sadly he never got a chance to test him in the position because of his knee. (although i have no real proof of this, just paraphrasing something I read on the BBC sport website today)

Fair enough, it's just the way he conducted himself on the pitch that pisses me off (not just basing it on two incidents; he did similar stuff near enough every week). Maybe I'm just bitter about him brutalising one of my boyhood heroes or something...

And yes, Shearer was a complete tosser too :up:

Fair enough, it's just the way he conducted himself on the pitch that pisses me off (not just basing it on two incidents; he did similar stuff near enough every week). Maybe I'm just bitter about him brutalising one of my boyhood heroes or something...

And yes, Shearer was a complete tosser too :up:

He sure is, he kicked Neil Lennon in the head.

*waits for posts about what a hero Shearer is*

Guest DustyDeviada
So much for Anderson's career in the Premiership.

I see they got humped by Luton, but was Anderson at fault?

As for Shearer being a tosser just because he barged about a bit, what a bunch of girls you lot are, it's a contact sport.

Personally I admire Shearer for sticking with Newcastle when he had plenty of offers to go elsewhere, including Man United. Also, he got Mark Knopfler to play at the opening of his bar, so he must be a sound bloke. :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'm loving this, Tango was always well thought-of by the fans at the DA, well, until he fucked off to join Aberdeen that is. He could still be the first SPL sacking, remember Charlie Christie quit...

I'm loving this, Tango was always well thought-of by the fans at the DA, well, until he fucked off to join Aberdeen that is. He could still be the first SPL sacking, remember Charlie Christie quit...

Didn't the bookies already pay out after Hearts changed their manager again?

I'm getting fed up hearing our fans whine about the Lovell situation, he hasn't exactly grabbed the chances he's had since he's been here. Everyone says he's our best finisher but he missed heaps of sitters last season and had a lower goal per game ratio than Mackie.

Some people just can't see past the Mackie of 5 years ago and will never give the guy a good review. Lovell's been mince since he came to Aberdeen as well, same with Miller yet loads of idiots online seem to think they're the partnership to solve all our problems, there's absolutely no evidence that points towards that.

None of our forwards are great but at least Mackie got into double figures last season and managed to set up a good few goals as well.

Despite our indifferent start to the season (and to be honest only the Hearts and United games were huge disappointments. I'll take a point at Hibs, although the poor defending for the goals was annoying and at least the performance against Celtic was better than it usually is) I'm sure JC will settle down and have us scampering back up the table in the next few games.

Didn't the bookies already pay out after Hearts changed their manager again?

I'm getting fed up hearing our fans whine about the Lovell situation, he hasn't exactly grabbed the chances he's had since he's been here. Everyone says he's our best finisher but he missed heaps of sitters last season and had a lower goal per game ratio than Mackie.

Some people just can't see past the Mackie of 5 years ago and will never give the guy a good review. Lovell's been mince since he came to Aberdeen as well, same with Miller yet loads of idiots online seem to think they're the partnership to solve all our problems, there's absolutely no evidence that points towards that.

None of our forwards are great but at least Mackie got into double figures last season and managed to set up a good few goals as well.

Despite our indifferent start to the season (and to be honest only the Hearts and United games were huge disappointments. I'll take a point at Hibs, although the poor defending for the goals was annoying and at least the performance against Celtic was better than it usually is) I'm sure JC will settle down and have us scampering back up the table in the next few games.

I concur