aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Manky, sectarian singing, unwashed, unemployed, uneducated, nacho novo loving pricks.

Is there too much to ask the SFA to throw the book on that sickening singing that took place today. Oh no, wait a sec. Its Rangers. Can't ruin their title challenge! Chick Young tried to blame it on the Caley fans as well!! Hun in disguise.

Lets get the balls of the Italian league. Relegate them!!!

My coupon comes up if the Dons can come up with a goal by the way!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:swearing::moody:

Double fuck.

Credit to the UTD defense tough

Bloody Considine. He shines one minute then tires to get clever, all but handing over the ball... He'll get the idea soon enough, we hope.

The Utd. defence didnt have to do anything other than head away endless long balls and aimless, loopy crosses, which isn't exactly a challenge for Darren Dods. And although the Utd. midfield worked hard, they weren't tested defensively either because Aberdeen's midfield somehow managed to neither be inside the box when the ball came in nor outside it when it broke out. Smith and Clark were dire.

I can see where Calderwood was coming from in starting out narrow in midfield, but there was no excuse for leaving it like that once United were down to 10 men. And it always pisses me off from the start to see Severin stuck at the back.

As for blaming Considine - yes, he made a bad mistake, but he's not in the habit of trying to be clever, and a goal for United had been coming for some time. I don't think it's fair to blame the guy for a shite display from the whole team.

The Utd. defence didnt have to do anything other than head away endless long balls and aimless, loopy crosses, which isn't exactly a challenge for Darren Dods. And although the Utd. midfield worked hard, they weren't tested defensively either because Aberdeen's midfield somehow managed to neither be inside the box when the ball came in nor outside it when it broke out. Smith and Clark were dire.

I can see where Calderwood was coming from in starting out narrow in midfield, but there was no excuse for leaving it like that once United were down to 10 men. And it always pisses me off from the start to see Severin stuck at the back.

As for blaming Considine - yes, he made a bad mistake, but he's not in the habit of trying to be clever, and a goal for United had been coming for some time. I don't think it's fair to blame the guy for a shite display from the whole team.

Certainly wasn't laying the blame at Considine's feet as I rate him. His silly error led directly to a goal but as you say it had been coming for a while... Ach well, first game under the belt, onwards and upwards.

No. I work on Saturdays, no chance of getting to the games as our Saturday Emo can't work Saturdays.

Fuck you :up:

I'll keep slagging you off until you actually make a game. Its up to you to sort that out!!

Until then, I still can't take any of your Arabs/Spurs/Bayern/Germany/Whoever else you've decided to support this week... views seriously.

Back to topic: Dons were robbed/rubbish, Rangers were bigots/thugs/Chic Young tries to blame ICT, Gretna are relegated.... what about the SFL??

I'll keep slagging you off until you actually make a game. Its up to you to sort that out!!

Until then, I still can't take any of your Arabs/Spurs/Bayern/Germany/Whoever else you've decided to support this week... views seriously.

I'll remind you that i'm an adult and can do what i want without reproach from someone younger than me ;)

Plus i've just bought a flat at a few thousand shy of 100,000 which means i have to view my finances a bit more seriously. I guess you'll get your head round that at some point.

You don't make it to every gig your favourite bands play do you, guess that doesn't make you a fan of music either (but that's another debate i guess).

I can't really take your puerile, narrow minded, backward thinking views seriously either. You aren't a Sports Pundit so stop trying to be one.

Ps i stuck my name on that Marius Niculae petition. Hope you get a work permit for him. :up:

Guest idol_wild

I thought Aberdeen looked a side seriously lacking in ideas today. We offered absolutely nothing, and I think Calum summed up how I felt about the way Calderwood put the team out: narrow can be effective if you're emphasizing your attacks through the middle for a target man to knock on for a runner, but expecting Lee Miller to do that consistently against Dods and Kenneth was unrealistic and unfair. He won his fair share of headers, Miller, but the running striker was never anywhere to be seen.

In retrospect I feel United going down to ten actually fucked us up. It put the impetus on us to attack - something Aberdeen have never been especially good at in my experience. We are an effective counter-attacking team, and the opportunity to do so in the second half just wasn't there.

I can understand why Calderwood wants Severin at centre-half - he is the absolute definition of composure, but we sorely missed his presence in midfield today. Speaking of the midfield, Jackie McNamara's attempted man-marking job on Barry Robson was very poor.

Thumbs up to Derek Souter for a very competent debut though. He deserved a clean-sheet. But then, United also deserved to win the game.

got me setanta card today - looking forward to celtic v killie tomorrow and the edinburgh derby. gretna given a nice welcome to the SPL i see!

Can I come round to yours?

The last time I saw Killie was at that bastard CIS cup final, where I got soaked, had a shite pie (well, after Killie Pies, anyting else seems shite) and got my knuckles bruised after some junkie Hibbe cunt threw his jaw at them.

I'll bring beer and promise not to fart :love:

I'll remind you that i'm an adult and can do what i want without reproach from someone younger than me ;)

Plus i've just bought a flat at a few thousand shy of 100,000 which means i have to view my finances a bit more seriously. I guess you'll get your head round that at some point.

You don't make it to every gig your favourite bands play do you, guess that doesn't make you a fan of music either (but that's another debate i guess).

I can't really take your puerile, narrow minded, backward thinking views seriously either. You aren't a Sports Pundit so stop trying to be one.

Ps i stuck my name on that Marius Niculae petition. Hope you get a work permit for him. :up:

So you are older than me, and been to less meaningful games then? Like you , I have also bought a flat for 2K short of 100K this week, funny timing eh?

Get a better job. Go see more games/gigs. Easy.

Off to France v. Scotland in Paris in 45 days, with Scotland v. Hearts 4 days before at Hampden. Lovely :love:

What the bejesus does age and how much you paid for property have to do with anything other than how old you 'need' to be seen by others and how much you spent on property makes you think you should be respected...

'I'm older than yooooou nah nah nah nah. I bought a house and cost more than yours nah nah nah nah nah.

Save it for the playground... Cheeesh

Nothing personal here by the way. Just can't abide ill placed childish bickering.

Back on topic.

Entirely different Dons team next week anyone?

If Lovell doesn't start and Severin plays at the back expect to hear me bleating loudly on here next week. Not sure I'd be looking for either De Visscher or Maguire to start as has been suggested. De Visscher looked like he's going to need time to adjust to how little time he'll have on the ball in the SPL so Hearts aren't exactly an ideal team to play him against. And I think Maguire would still get knocked about by Hearts too much if he was on from the start.

Guest idol_wild

I don't think radical changes are required. But certainly Severin back into centre midfield is a must. I'd actually contemplate playing McNamara alongside Considine or Diamond. It'd be harsh to drop Considine, and I'm pretty sure Jimmy won't. Apparently, Diamond and Considine will never ever play together in the first team for the next few years. It's either one or the other.

The personnel wasn't necessarily wrong today; it was the way Jimmy set them up.

Jesus I've got some hangover.

Absolute fucking disgrace.

After all the paper talk this week and the thousands who turned up you'd think they'd have managed more than one fucking attack in the entire game. Against ten bloody men.

I met Karim Touzani after the game - highlight of the day.

Calderwood in Friday's Evening - "We've blown it before, but not this time - we are so prepared." Load of fucking shite. We've done it again. If we don't beat Hearts in a week we'll be struggling already.

Pre - season must have been a real success. They'd have been as well just practicing stringing one move together in Seaton Park for all the good it seemed to do them.

And Calderwood's got the cheek to have a go at Considine.

What the bejesus does age and how much you paid for property have to do with anything other than how old you 'need' to be seen by others and how much you spent on property makes you think you should be respected...

'I'm older than yooooou nah nah nah nah. I bought a house and cost more than yours nah nah nah nah nah.

Save it for the playground... Cheeesh

Nothing personal here by the way. Just can't abide ill placed childish bickering.

Back on topic.

I was just pointing out that football isn't high on my list of priorities. Got a problem with that at all?

So you are older than me, and been to less meaningful games then? Like you , I have also bought a flat for 2K short of 100K this week, funny timing eh?

Get a better job. Go see more games/gigs. Easy.

Off to France v. Scotland in Paris in 45 days, with Scotland v. Hearts 4 days before at Hampden. Lovely :love:

Yes, what's your point?

Nice, i can't help feel i've paid over the odds but it's a nice big flat in an ideal location for me. You get one in Aberdeen?

I'm happy in my job. It allows me to do the things I want to do (not the things you want me to do).

Football-wise Aberdeen should've killed off that game in the first ten mins of the second half. Gary Kenneth looks like he might've dropped the attitude, which is good, and Darren Dods looks like he might be the experienced defender that Paul Ritchie wasn't.

I'm sure we'll finish in the upper bottom half of the table, who knows we might even scrape into the top 6 this season. I'm glad Levein is in though, it's the first time in ages i've been happy with a managerial appointment at Utd.