aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Nicaule actually got his work permit? Seems like a big mess that one.

Got a horrible feeling Grtna will somehow stay up, so will Midden.

Ross County for the second? Now I KNOW you're on the wind up ;).............

County have brought in some sensible signings. Andrew Barrowman will be the league's top scorer. Tony Bullock has provided their first solid goalkeeper in years. Excellent youth players, and if they can sort out their defence they'll do well.

Peterhead have some absolutely fantastic new signings, thanks to the player spotting skills of Pele. Couple of Poles that'll probably get snapped up by SPL teams in xmas window.

Niculae will have his permit after this weekend. Players like Alex for Chelsea and that boy that Arsenal (Mendes?) were ahead of him in the queue for work permit acceptance. We will get it, but it'll be next week.

There is no way Gretna will ever stay up. Their team is bollocks apart from that Uruguay player, McMenamin, and that former English youth player. They haven't got a decent keeper, and Davie Irons is their manager!! They're fucked.

nah i reckon celtic or rangers will be plying their trade in division 1 next season :)

Its possible if the SFA get some balls with that empty threat about fining clubs for sectarian chants, followed by points docking and relegation.

Stuart Cosgrove had an excellent column in the Daily Record today about it (you can read it on the dailyrecord online). He made some excellent points about how the SFA/SPL will never do anything to harm the Old Firm, despite the threats. Expect Motherwell or Hearts to get a rap on the knuckles though

Heard that too, assumed it was internet bullshit :up:.

Signing Alan Smith tomorrow apparently, not sure what to think...

normally i'd agree on the internet bullshit but this guy's connected to the club and he's usually spot on about this sort of thing. Guess we'll know in time.

Smith/Viduka combo could be a winner for the toon but it still won't help that abysmal defence will it?

County will not win Division 2. Not a cat in hell's chance. It doesn't matter how good their squad is (Darren Brady FFS), they'll be played out of position and be the most tactically naive unit in the league because of their manager (it still makes my blood boil when I think about how much that c**t was on when he was in charge of us.......).

Think Peterhead have already had their best chance go up, and blew it. Not that I was complaining, haha!

Suppose we'll know in eight months time. :D

normally i'd agree on the internet bullshit but this guy's connected to the club and he's usually spot on about this sort of thing. Guess we'll know in time.

Smith/Viduka combo could be a winner for the toon but it still won't help that abysmal defence will it?

Fair enough. I'm pretty cautious about the whole thing, it's difficult to understand why the hell he bought Newcastle in the first place... oh well, we'll see what happens.

Viduka and Smith... christ, that's a slower frontline than Wigan's deadly Sibierski/Heskey combo. I reckon Big Sam will use Smith as a mildfielder though, because we're pretty stacked up front. Decent enough player, lots heart & grit, but is he productive enough?

Defence needs to be sorted out ASAP, it's a joke at the moment (not that you need me to tell you that). Taylor is a decent prospect but is far too rash, don't know anything about Rozehnal, and the rest (Carr, Babayaro, Ramage, Huntington, etc...)? Pffft. I don't know too much about this Brazilian lad from Lyon we're bringing in but he seems like a canny player; has captained Lyon for the past 5 years, plenty of CL experience... could be just what we need.

St.Johnstone for the 1st Division? Pffftt.

I actually think Dunfermline are going to nail it. Which is a strange thing for a Dunfermline supporter to say. We still have a great squad and we're all over it.

be interesting for stephen kenny as a manager next season. he's pretty much always managed teams when nothing was expected - can he cope with his team being favourites to win the division???

Stuart Cosgrove had an excellent column in the Daily Record today about it (you can read it on the dailyrecord online). He made some excellent points about how the SFA/SPL will never do anything to harm the Old Firm, despite the threats. Expect Motherwell or Hearts to get a rap on the knuckles though

I fully expect ourselves to get done with it, despite the fact that we don't even sing the song in question.

Mixtures of good and bad news at Caley stadium today like....

Good News

Inverness made a profit of 279,099 on the year to May, 31, 2007. It is an increase on last year's profit of 218,197 and turnover has risen from 3,262,813 to 3,435,370.

Dean McDonald and Graham Bayne could be fit for tomorrow, which means we won't have to rely on that pansie Rory McAllister

Bad News

Niculae's work permit is refused. But in theory it should go through on appeal. Unless Murdo McLeod and his cronies decide he could be a threat to Celtic's title defence...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
St.Johnstone for the 1st Division? Pffftt.

I actually think Dunfermline are going to nail it. Which is a strange thing for a Dunfermline supporter to say. We still have a great squad and we're all over it.

Reckon Scorge had been on the Pernod when he put that bet down.

I can't see past us either, we've kept the majority of the squad and it should be in the bag.

I say "should"...

Guest DustyDeviada
Reckon Scorge had been on the Pernod when he put that bet down.

I can't see past us either, we've kept the majority of the squad and it should be in the bag.

I say "should"...

You've managed to keep the majority of that ace squad that only managed 8 wins, 8 draws and 22 defeats last season, with most of the wins coming after the opposition was safe in mid table?

Aye, should be a caker.

Did he not win the league with Derry City a few times?

no but he turned a derry city side that was expected to finish mid table into genuine championship contendors. they only lost out last season on goal difference he did win both the irish cup and the irish league cup. but me point is the pressure is on him to do well next season whereas before he didnt have so much expectation on his shoulder. i think he'll be fine meself.

Guest DustyDeviada
Nit. Doubt they'll get there either. Spartak are some side, top of the Russian League as well

Hmm, I'm sure the champions of Scotland have gone in automatically at some point in the past, it's probably all to do with th UEFA co-efficient thingy.

Anybody know when the Dons' euro games are?

Dunfermline are playing BK HACKEN. Whilst on the Tartan Army messageboard I noticed this

BK Hacken by the way play thier home games in Goteborg.

Its likely thier match will be moved from Hackenborg to the Ullevi.

again, flight from Prestwick to Goteborg return for about 50 tops. Bus into city centre for about 5. The Ullevi is a 10 minute walk from the bus / train station.

Hacken are pretty p!sh by the way. not in the top flight of Swedish football

Hope that helps the Dunfermline fans out if you are planning on going to the away leg.