aberdeen-music

Bring Me The Horizon Assault Case Update

Old Gold

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the "pleasure" of seeing them support Lost Prophets in Edinburgh last year and I was gobsmacked how utter pish they were live! I am all for giving a band a chance but I could find no positives at all on the "show" they put on. Saying that, the wee girlies there absolutely loved them. My neice told me it's because I am too old and past it and don't get these cool new heavier young bands. 8-)

chun-chun-wee-wee? Would that be a verbalised version of a 'beatdown'? ace.

Striking open strings repeatedly proves that so many of these bands are lacking in talent. Even if they are 'talented' (can sweep pick), proves they have very little song writing ability. I could put up with the hair etc if there was something solid behind it all, but theres not.

I dislike Bring me the horizon and think they're rubbish, and I laughed when I heard that the drummer broke down in tears when he couldn't play some of his beats in the studio.

Indeed 'breakdowns are over-used and tiresomely dull in most metal bands today. However, they shouldn't be completely knocked... Technical breakdowns, a la Meshuggah are awesome. It's still possible to be creative within the confines of "chun-chun-wee-wee"-land, as long as you have enough creativity and technical ability.

Indeed 'breakdowns are over-used and tiresomely dull in most metal bands today. However, they shouldn't be completely knocked... Technical breakdowns, a la Meshuggah are awesome. It's still possible to be creative within the confines of "chun-chun-wee-wee"-land, as long as you have enough creativity and technical ability.
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike all beatdowns/breakdowns. Fuck sake, I listen to Broken Oath (songs off the split with Eviscerate AD will destroy all opposition). But when entire bands/tours/labels seem to be built on open chug in drop C followed with some wee-wee, it's getting on the tits of a lot of folk.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike all beatdowns/breakdowns. Fuck sake, I listen to Broken Oath (songs off the split with Eviscerate AD will destroy all opposition). But when entire bands/tours/labels seem to be built on open chug in drop C followed with some wee-wee, it's getting on the tits of a lot of folk.

I've got that EP - haven't listened to it in years!

But yeah, agreed on that last point. But like with anything that becomes popular and then saturated and then very, very stale - it is a passing trend. Unfortunately we are in the process of being awashed with loads of 'deathcore' bands. Which is basically a heap of kids playing a heavier (but worse) version of metalcore, whilst pretending they've been into Suffocation for more than 10 seconds.

What I find quite amusing is how so many of you people bang on about haircuts in music. If you don't care about image in relation to music then why care if other's do?

Yes, I personally think oli sykes looks like a total bell-end - but I dislike Bring Me The Horizon because their music is shit, not because they dress a certain way or have certain haircuts. And most people into a particular style of music will dress accordingly whether it is seen as "fashionable" or not... so whether it's following the masses or just following your peers, it all equates to roughly the same thing in as much as that people will dress in a way that they want to be percieved by others in the same group.

In the same (generalising) way that neds wear white and pink tracksuits and trainers, death metallers have long hair and wear oversized t-shirts, crusty types wear camo and patches, and the likes of bring me the horizon wear childrens-sized clothes and have girls haircuts. What's the fucking difference?

Well to me, the only difference is that the oli sykes look is becoming mainstream and therefore easier to despise due to the ever increasing numbers of people immitating it.

What I find quite amusing is how so many of you people bang on about haircuts in music. If you don't care about image in relation to music then why care if other's do?

Yes, I personally think oli sykes looks like a total bell-end - but I dislike Bring Me The Horizon because their music is shit, not because they dress a certain way or have certain haircuts. And most people into a particular style of music will dress accordingly whether it is seen as "fashionable" or not... so whether it's following the masses or just following your peers, it all equates to roughly the same thing in as much as that people will dress in a way that they want to be percieved by others in the same group.

In the same (generalising) way that neds wear white and pink tracksuits and trainers, death metallers have long hair and wear oversized t-shirts, crusty types wear camo and patches, and the likes of bring me the horizon wear childrens-sized clothes and have girls haircuts. What's the fucking difference?

Well to me, the only difference is that the oli sykes look is becoming mainstream and therefore easier to despise due to the ever increasing numbers of people immitating it.

Errr, i was mocking people who were mocking other people who looked like them. I have a manpon here if you need one.