aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2007

Lemonade

I don't know jack about specs, etc. But you need a fairly speedy processor for it to work at a reasonable pace. The amount of data in the game is unreal.

I think shitloads of RAM is what you need, every time there's a significant wait it seems to be because it's accessing the hard drive.

It's just that little bit slow on my comp but I've discovered how to start it in a window rather than full screen so it's easier to do a bit of surfing and light computing while it's loading up data.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vincent Kompany is a bargain. Defensive rock will be worth 20million within a few years. You have to get him early though, because its not long until Chelsea are sniffing after him. :up:

Yeh Aberdeen can't afford his wages or his cost, i'll keep him in mind cause he is a good player.

Guest idol_wild
I think shitloads of RAM is what you need, every time there's a significant wait it seems to be because it's accessing the hard drive.

It's just that little bit slow on my comp but I've discovered how to start it in a window rather than full screen so it's easier to do a bit of surfing and light computing while it's loading up data.

As I said; I know shit all about computers and stuff anyway! :princess:

Care to enlighten us on how to window it up?

As I said; I know shit all about computers and stuff anyway! :princess:

Care to enlighten us on how to window it up?

I'll assume you know nothing and try to explain it carefully.

start->run, type cmd then enter, this will bring up a command line.

You're probably in the wrong place so you need to cd.. (cd=change directory, .. will take you up a folder) until you hit c:\

cd program files

cd sports interactive (assuming this is where you installed it)

etc until you get to the folder with the fm2007.exe file in it. (use dir if you can't figure out the exact name, that'll give you a directory of all the files and folders where you are)

then it's just fm2007.exe -windowed

I assume this'll work on any full screen program.

Doing the same but typing -full_screen instead of -windowed will restore it to full screen if you want it back.

Some cheats:

Open the init.cfg file (in the data folder) with notepad, add "SUGAR_DADDY" "aberdeen" and Aberdeen will have their very own Roman. Or add "CLUB_DEBT" 2000000 "aberdeen" 24 and that should give Aberdeen a loan of 2 million repayable over 24 months.

You can also create a text file with the extension .edt, typing "SWAP_TEAMS" "team1" "team2" does what it says on the tin, handy if you fancy giving the old firm a run out in the premiership.

"BOOST_TEAM" "aberdeen" 20000000 7000 50000 in the .edt file would give aberdeen 20 million quid transfer money, a reputation equal to chelsea of 7000 (10,000 is the max, man U, Real Madrid etc) and a 50,000 seater stadium. Stick the .edt file in the data folder

I haven't tried these myself but they're from a file on the official site so I assume they work.

I'm still playing Champ 01/02 (it's 2028 and I won Serie A and the european cup at my first season at Bologna), I did buy Champ 4 but I really didn't like it. What is the requirements for FM 2007? I may be tempted purchase it.

Wow cool! Do they have flying cars yet like in Back To The Future 2?

Plus, if they sent a ship to that new planet this year, provided it was travelling at light speed, they would have reached it by 2028. Can you sign any alien players?

• 2 weeks later...

having taken watford (not sacked but fans n board nae happy) and then leeds to relegation to the championship in successive season (sacked) i did get a job with preston north end but decided to get a bit of glamour by starting a new game and taking the reigns at chelski.

having 73 million to spend i purchased kaka for 55 million and klose for 30 million (topped me transfer budget by selling a couple of players) both expensive but shit hot. also got michael owen for 18 million but he's been a bit of a flop so far.

first season won nothing third in league well behind man poo, champions league semi final. second season won the premiership by a mile (spurs at one point were 7 points clear with 2 games in hand before they went into freefall and i hit form). champions league campaign was memorable - didnt concede a goal in my group then turfed over olympiakos 9-0 and inter milan 5-1 (the score over both legs) before playing arsenal in the semi final. lost first leg 2-1 and won second leg 4-3 (arsehole got their third on 89 minutes thus going through on away goals - the heartache!!!!).

I'm currently (after having spent years of brutally raping everyone as Bayern Munich) starting from the bottom of the pile with Grays Athletic in Football Manager 2006.

I was promoted from the Conference on my first go. I then sold Jamie Slabber for 750k and Blaise N'Goma for 250k and made my first million for the club going into League 2. I spent 50k on a replacement for Slabber with American striker Will John who's now worth 500k and has 21 goals so far this season.

As it goes i'm at the midway stage in my first season in League 2 and i'm top of the league having won all my games but one and i'm 25 points clear. I got bundled out of the FA Cup by Brentford and the Carling Cup by Coventry but i've written off taking any serious stabs at either of those until i'm near the Championship at least. I won the FA Trophy last season but i'm obviously not eligible this season so i've taken my run onto the LDV Cup and i'm currently at Semi Final stage in the Southern section.

I always put ridiculous minimum release clauses on my best players in lower leagues because its futile trying to keep hold of flair players at that level so you might as well fund your next season with their sale. I've only spent 200k from the million i earned at the start of the current campaign.

I'm currently (after having spent years of brutally raping everyone as Bayern Munich) starting from the bottom of the pile with Grays Athletic in Football Manager 2006.

I was promoted from the Conference on my first go. I then sold Jamie Slabber for 750k and Blaise N'Goma for 250k and made my first million for the club going into League 2. I spent 50k on a replacement for Slabber with American striker Will John who's now worth 500k and has 21 goals so far this season.

As it goes i'm at the midway stage in my first season in League 2 and i'm top of the league having won all my games but one and i'm 25 points clear. I got bundled out of the FA Cup by Brentford and the Carling Cup by Coventry but i've written off taking any serious stabs at either of those until i'm near the Championship at least. I won the FA Trophy last season but i'm obviously not eligible this season so i've taken my run onto the LDV Cup and i'm currently at Semi Final stage in the Southern section.

I always put ridiculous minimum release clauses on my best players in lower leagues because its futile trying to keep hold of flair players at that level so you might as well fund your next season with their sale. I've only spent 200k from the million i earned at the start of the current campaign.

That's pretty good.

Keep us updated.

After retiring from the top of Wealth as Chelsea Boss I decided to get back to grass roots. So I started again with Aberdeen and I just finished my First season with them, in which I managed to grab 3rd place in the league, a Quarter final exit in the league cup to Ross County!! and a Semi-Final exit in the Scottish Cup to Rangers (A last minute goal to make it 2-1 anaw ffs).

Managed to afford Sunderland Striker Jon Stead, after the sale of Lee Miller, Dempsey, J. Smith, D. Smith, Mackie and a few others :D

I'm still playing Champ 01/02 (it's 2028 and I won Serie A and the european cup at my first season at Bologna), I did buy Champ 4 but I really didn't like it. What is the requirements for FM 2007? I may be tempted purchase it.

minimum spec is an 800MHz processor, 128 MB RAM and 650 Mb hard drive space. you can buy it for 14-99 on play.com at the mo. :up:

Guest idol_wild

Not bad going, dude. I started a Gray's game once and won two consecutive promotions before FM2007 came out. So I ditched FM2006!

I still have my York City game that I previously mentioned. As you advance up the leagues (especially if you win the league every season), it begins to hit you in the Championship. No Championship level player will come to your club, and the amount of money and wage budget you get offered is laughable. The board always undermine me and accept bids for my good players, and I get capacity crowds of 9800.

Michael Kightly for Grays, though :up:

Not bad going, dude. I started a Gray's game once and won two consecutive promotions before FM2007 came out. So I ditched FM2006!

I still have my York City game that I previously mentioned. As you advance up the leagues (especially if you win the league every season), it begins to hit you in the Championship. No Championship level player will come to your club, and the amount of money and wage budget you get offered is laughable. The board always undermine me and accept bids for my good players, and I get capacity crowds of 9800.

Michael Kightly for Grays, though :up:

Yeah, i can foresee that being a potential problem in the future. I plan on going for a Championship job if and when i get promoted to the Championship at another club and attempting a promotion to the Premier League that way nicking some of my better players in the process.

I've managed to get through most of the January transfer window without losing anyone too important to my first team though and i'm in the process of strengthening my line-up as i'd identified two possible problems on the horizon for next season (ageing players and one who is more of a team player than a first teamer) and if i replace those players now in the position i'm in i'll have them settled in the team set-up by next season (i don't tend to spend my money in the summer unless i have to replace someone who's outward bound, though i do usually pick up some younger players released by Premier clubs on free transfers).

Kightly is a squad player in mine rather than a guaranteed start. He's got a lot of competition up front and my midfield never changes centrally unless one of the two central midfielders are injured. He has conjured up a few good goals this season though from the bench and rescued me from staring down the end of a draw to spur my players on to a win.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow cool! Do they have flying cars yet like in Back To The Future 2?

Plus, if they sent a ship to that new planet this year, provided it was travelling at light speed, they would have reached it by 2028. Can you sign any alien players?

This is the sort of thing that they never properly thought about when making the game. No aliens, usually just regens of former players.

Jamie Slabber is an amazing name.

On my 5th season with Aberdeen, after a few of dodgy seasons i came second in my 3rd season. Made a bit of dosh in the champions league and then lost out to Hearts on goal difference. Have won the league cup twice and the scottish cup once.

Current team

Stenild

Donald

Monti ©

Diamond

Aryman

Gilagusson (spellings wrong)

Silva

Bellon

Stoch

Maguire

Dong F

Stenild, Monti, Gilagusson & Bellon are all young and worth signing.

Its a nightmare renewing good players contracts for Aberdeen. Stenilds looking for a bigger club and Monti & Bellon are in their last year and not interested in renewing.

Also Chelsea are my feeder club and after getting a few decent loans no-one wants to come to me now. Saying that i had Mikel for two seasons and then Chelsea released him and he ended up retiring at 23!