aberdeen-music

Promising youngsters that never quite reached their potential...

Lemonade

Just to milk the latet best/worst craze, how about a little tribute to those players who broke into first teams and looked like world beaters, then just never quite got out of the 'promising youngster' tag....

First name on that last for me, Mark Burchill. Once labelled "Scotland's Michael Owen". Now about to be relegated and canna score for Dung-fermiline.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ricketts is indeed at preston north end, he's played for heaps of clubs since he got his england cap, before preston he was at southend where he was apparently extremely overweight. apparently he's got himself back in shape and is playing quite well at preston but deffo a wasted talent.

Guest DustyDeviada
Mark Burchill anyone?

He was mentioned in the very first post of the thread!

I'll add Ricki Gillies, Darren Mackie (folk at Pittodrie were calling HIM the new Michael Owen a few years ago) and looking into my crystal ball, Chris Maguire. ;)

(Although that reminds me, Phil Maguire was also supposed to be a future Scotland international, Celtic were preparing a 1.5 million bid etc, now he's a washed up wife beater who's also about to be relegated.)