aberdeen-music

Everything You Wanted To Know About The Moorings Bar

Flash@TMB

Bangin! Then again... If I'm already drunk enough to go out dressed as a pirate, i think 20% off drinks is probably the last thing i need...

x

*WARNING: MATHEMATICAL MOMENT*

It's almost 20% but not quite as the 10%s are deducted individually. So if the drink was 2 you'd get 20p off for being a student, making it 1.80, then another 18p off for being a pirate, making it 1.62.

*END*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Is the moorings open past 12 on a thursday? i was wanting to come down for a cheeky pint after midnight since i'll be 18 but was unsure if it closed at 12 or was open til 1.

John,

There is a solution to your problem. Come down with some legal friend(s) at 11.55. Explain the situation to the duty manager and show your ID. Have a mate order a round. There's 15 mins drinking up time. The barstaff will keep your pint behind the bar until midnight. Start drinking your pint after midnight. You have 15mins to down it. Be warned though they'll only sell you one pint given the limited time. Actually the rule is a half pint but I'm sure they'll use their discretion given the circumstances LOL :)

• Upvote 1

Does the Moorings have a lost property box? I think I left a scarf there a couple of weeks ago and I'd quite like it back.

There's a lost property cellar under the bar. There's heaps of stuff down there. If it goes unclaimed for 25 years then we punt it out to Mackay's of Queen Street. We are their main supplier of wholesale apparel.

If you ask at the bar the chances are they will have your scarf. Wait till someone coherent is on duty though... ie Angie.

There's a lost property cellar under the bar. There's heaps of stuff down there. If it goes unclaimed for 25 years then we punt it out to Mackay's of Queen Street. We are their main supplier of wholesale apparel.

If you ask at the bar the chances are they will have your scarf. Wait till someone coherent is on duty though... ie Angie.

When we were playing there a couple of weeks ago there was a shimmery gold girl's top lying on the stage. It got me to wondering, how does a girl go on a night out and manage to lose her top? On a stage no less!

I was going to put it on during our set, but then I thought that if it fits me (which it looked like it would) then it probably belonged to some fat sweaty girl with hairy armpits.

Also I don't know which one Angie is. I know Laura, Teabags, Bri, the tall guy with the beard, and that blonde guy that used to drink in the Student Union when I worked there in 2005.

When we were playing there a couple of weeks ago there was a shimmery gold girl's top lying on the stage. It got me to wondering, how does a girl go on a night out and manage to lose her top? On a stage no less!

Jeez... Call yourself a musician! High time you read "The Dirt" by Motely Crue. That will explain everything about how a girl winds up losing her clothing on a stage.

Saying "I spotted someone in a place" in a thread about spotting people is far less creepy than randomly throwing "how was your meal? I believe you ahd the beef *drool*" into conversation.

Yeah, that's what he said.

It's less creepy if i put it in there though

Also I don't know which one Angie is. I know Laura, Teabags, Bri, the tall guy with the beard, and that blonde guy that used to drink in the Student Union when I worked there in 2005.
tall guy is Dan. Blonde is Kyle AKA Matt Damon. Angie is long brown haired lassie that is basically 3rd in command if the pub and therefore ineffable.