aberdeen-music

65daysofstatic @ tunnels

There was no "Drove Through Ghosts" though...:swearing:

...otherwise, pretty tight set. The new songs sound SO much better live than they do on the "Destruction of Small Ideas" record.

Probably not as good as the last time they were up here (that set at Moshulu with Chris Clark supporting was fuckin' dope) but still, awesome band - awesome energy too. Cathartic movements to the music proved a good spectacle.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well having just greeted & loaded in the 65kids gear into the tunnels

I can confirm

1. they are delighted IMP are promoting them again

I'm sorry - but sometimes you are a bitter old man, I did a couple of gigs with them for the simple reason that the agent came to me...

By the way - I also got offered this date of said agent but Triptych took them. I'm glad the gig was a winner, they're an awesome band and tip-top guys - just gutted I didn't get a chance to catch up with then and go on the piss as per.

Jamesy

Guest bluesxman

I had a great night.

I still don't really get Paper Cut Out. I enjoyed them a bit more than last time but still not keen.

Kling Klang were band of the night for me, Heavydale was amazing.

65days were impressive, the drumming is amazing. I started to lose interest a bit towards the end though and drifted towards the bar following a rest stop, went on a bit long with not enough variation in the material for an hour plus set.

I had a great night.

I still don't really get Paper Cut Out. I enjoyed them a bit more than last time but still not keen.

Kling Klang were band of the night for me, Heavydale was amazing.

65days were impressive, the drumming is amazing. I started to lose interest a bit towards the end though and drifted towards the bar following a rest stop, went on a bit long with not enough variation in the material for an hour plus set.

Agree with that generally^^

Paper cut out were dire

Kling Klang were fucking stomping

65days were shite as well - also left before the end...

props to IMP though for putting this stuff on and for continuing to bring left field stuff to our boring grey city...the music I've seen them promote I've either loved or hated - never inbetween which to me is a good thing...

I thought Paper Cut Out were the band of the night. Pity the vocals were a wee bit quiet... (could be because i was close to the front that they seemed quiet though).

Kling Klang were good, but i expected better. Did they not have more than 3 members before??

I don't think i'll ever get the fuss about 65 days of Static. Didn't catch my interest at all, and was still waiting on a big riiiiffff by the time they finished. There was no ooommphh. Songs were too similar and boring i felt. Sorry :(

Had a good night though, whilst seeing some friendly familiar faces.

Did anyone else think there was an abundance of people there who were at their very first gig?? So many people i'd never seen before... Maybe i'm getting old?

There was no "Drove Through Ghosts" though...:swearing:

That disappointed me n'all.

(RossP: One of the Klangers was on the floor, I believe?)

Kling Klang weren't really my cup of tea, totally missed Paper CutOut as we only got there at about 8:30.

65' kind of disappointed me, I don't know what it was, but, I expected a bit more. Retreat! Retreat! sounded fucking superb though. I still enjoyed their set, didn't think it was too long at all; kind of wanted an encore actually, see if they'd play more songs, but, ah well.

Guest bluesxman
Kling Klang were good, but i expected better. Did they not have more than 3 members before??

They had 4 people on Saturday. ?( One was down at the stage front although he did venture up onto teh stage later on.

Kling Klang were good, but i expected better.

I kind of agree with that. Maybe my expectations were too high having only heard their recorded stuff, but they didn't blow me away like I expected them to. Still good though.

Can't agree about the other two though. Paper Cut Out were too much like hard work for me, too much thinking and counting required.

65 Days however were stunning - I never even thought about the bar while they were on. Surely an hour isn't long for a set, is it?

65 Days however were stunning - I never even thought about the bar while they were on. Surely an hour isn't long for a set, is it?

Couldn't agree more. From what I've heard from other people who were at the gig, they evidently weren't to everyone's taste, but I thought they were fantastic. Plenty of melody and variation as far as I was concerned, I could happily have listened to an encore as well.

Granted, their live show often has to sacrifice some of the more interesting subtleties that you'll find on their recorded output, just because of the nature and limitations of live performance. But I'm afraid I just can't agree with those who said that they were hookless and repetative.

Stuff from the new album sounded awesome as well.

First band was awful. no idea how they got signed.

"hmmm i dont like challenging music, i dont get it, ill just call them shite anyway"

jealous records put out a record for them because they are a great band, excellent at what they do, there is no better band writing music like that in the uk right now.