aberdeen-music

65daysofstatic @ tunnels

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC said...

To describe a 65daysofstatic live show is an even harder task. Viciously euphoric, frenetic, overwhelming, bordering on chaos and really, really loud. It's what the band thrive on and how they win armies of new admirers every time they go out on the road. 65daysofstatic are stunning. Their dance-influenced, post-rock symphonies are epic statements of individuality, centering on tense build-ups and ecstatic releases.

...and Kerrang said

As far as burgeoning British bands go, right now it doesn't get any better than this.

so there you go...

Depends on the band, in my opinion.

If they've got a sufficient back catalogue (which 65DOS do), I'd expect an hour minimum from a headlining act.

No, Pearl Jam have a sufficient back-catalogue, 65dos have 3 albums and no lyrical content. Over an hour of constant instrumental music would be a little too much in my opinion. 45 mins would be perfect, a nice rounded set.

30 minutes would be a bit short for 65dos in my opinion, 45 minutes to an hour would be perfect. :up:

well having just greeted & loaded in the 65kids gear into the tunnels

I can confirm

1. they are delighted IMP are promoting them again

2. We well get a wee run over 11pm

3. 65days will be on @10pm

4. their set will be just a tad over 1hr

they are all in fine humour

:up:

No, Pearl Jam have a sufficient back-catalogue, 65dos have 3 albums and no lyrical content. Over an hour of constant instrumental music would be a little too much in my opinion. 45 mins would be perfect, a nice rounded set.

Three albums is more than enough to cull an hour's worth of material from, and I don't see why a band should play a shorter set just because their music is instrumental. Would you cut a cello concerto short because there weren't any vocals?

However, you've a point, to each his own I suppose.

The gig itself was absolutely superb. Kling Klang were very good, synth stoner rock at it's finest. 65DOS were just awesome, truly great performance. Plus, the stuff off the new album sounds excellent.