aberdeen-music

Celebrity Big Brother

Chris

all this stuff has gone right over me head since i dont watch celebrity big brother, but its impossible to avoid as it seems to be everywhere! the show was ailing that i do know the viewing figures were right down so is it not just some kind of PR stunt to get the show back into the limelight and talked about?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Alkaline, calling her "Shilpa Poppadum" isn't racist? o_O

It's ignorant, but it's hardly racist. If clumsy generalisation because Jade couldn't remember the poor girls second name and attached something which happens to be Indian to it is all you've got to base a claim of racism on then you've got a pretty flimsy case. For god's sake, if you really believe that Jade Goody is intelligent enough to be racist and think she could get away with it on national television then you're a fucking idiot. She's obviously not thought about what she was saying and probably will feel like a total fool when she realises how she's come across doing so.

By buying into this faux media created racism and jumping on the bandwagon by laying into Jade as a group you're as guilty as anyone else of bullying and being narrowminded.

Stop being so naive.

Just saw this thread on that Jade Goody forum,

"Why has Shilpa not apologised for 9/11?

I think Shilpa is deserving of her treatment because 5000 people were killed on September 11th and her people have never spoken out about it. How would she feel if the British had killed Indians and not apologised. Jade is right to take her to task over this.

Now I'm not a racist BUT I do think that people from that part of the world have a debt to pay. Twin Towers RIP"

What the fuck!

oh come on, this is all media spin. Yes she said those things but do you for one second really think that the girl is a racist? She's a walking minority, her mum's a one armed lesbian with diminutive intelligence, her father died of a heroin overdose (in a kentucky fried chicken) was black. If anyone is going to be open to people with different backgrounds its her.

One thing she is though, is a silly little girl with no real sense of what's going on in the world, she didn't have a good upbringing, she doesn't think before she speaks and when kept in a confined space she allows petty little things to get to her.

Yes she was wrong to bully that girl, but none of her actions were ratially driven. The sad thing about this all is that most of the racism that has been seen has been from Danielle - yet another ignorant little girl.

If anyone can turn this around it is Jade Goody. It wasn't big, it wasn't clever, but I genuinely believe that this is not the end of things. Give it to the end of the year, she'll be an anti-bullying ambassador, she'll have another book in the works, and possibly the celebrity wedding of the year... with Shilpa Shetty as a bridesmaid.

She's not just a silly little girl any more though - she knows exactly what she's doing.

YouTube - Jade "Can always justify anything you say"

Whether it was racist or not is almost irrelevant, it was highly offensive behaviour for many reasons. She just got overconfident because she had little gang of acolytes hanging on her every word. She let the mask slip and proved herself to be a nasty piece of work. Note she was only sorry about her behaviour after it was pointed out to her that it didn't look good to the public.

But you're right, as I said before she will almost certainly manage to get around it and come out with even more money.

I don't fancy the other two's chances though...

Honestly, who cares? Big Brother is stupid TV for stupid people the byproducts of which are people like Jade Goody. Why anyone even gives her the time of day is quite beyond me. I certainly don't care what she has to say (be it racist or otherwise) so why everyone is jumping up and down about what is coming out of this idiot's mouth I just can't figure out.

Still, at least Channel 4 will be happy with the viewing figures.

Honestly, who cares? Big Brother is stupid TV for stupid people the byproducts of which are people like Jade Goody. Why anyone even gives her the time of day is quite beyond me. I certainly don't care what she has to say (be it racist or otherwise) so why everyone is jumping up and down about what is coming out of this idiot's mouth I just can't figure out.

Still, at least Channel 4 will be happy with the viewing figures.

Hear, hear :up:

Surely the last word on this fucking PISH :swearing:

Guest DustyDeviada
Nah, you just can't clarify the difference between real racism and media intensified nonsense. It's your fault really, i feel shame for you dude i really do.

Aye, very good. For what it's worth, Jade herself now apparently admits that her actions were racist, and although the admission is part of a carefully choreographed media rehabilitation regime, I still think it carries some weight. I sure as hell wouldn't admit to something like that if I hadn't actually done it.

Guest DustyDeviada
Eh? How did you come to that conclusion?

Some people seem to think that when using terms like "Shilpa Poppadum" she was just being stupid and ignorant. She didn't realise that comments like that could be perceived as racist ergo she is not a racist.

In my book however the fact that she is dopey as hell is no defence for racist behaviour, something she now seems to have accepted, albeit probably on the advice of her PR team.

i was enjoying an extended sunday lie in and watched an episode of celebrity big brother for the first time this series. i came to the conclusion that a) i need to get out more b) jade goody is no racist she is just plain stupid and c) her boyfriend is one of the dullest people on this earth.

Some people seem to think that when using terms like "Shilpa Poppadum" she was just being stupid and ignorant. She didn't realise that comments like that could be perceived as racist ergo she is not a racist.

In my book however the fact that she is dopey as hell is no defence for racist behaviour, something she now seems to have accepted, albeit probably on the advice of her PR team.

Yep,

Jade admitted that Shilpa was racially abused.

If you think Jade is a racist fair enough, even if you think she is not a racist, one thing is for certain. Jade is a bully.

I wonder if Jades heart sometimes stops when she forgets to breath?

I sure do agree with Del regarding Jades bf, he is like a non-ginger Steve Davis.

Finally, someone with something positive to say about Jade

jadegoody_nude.jpg

Oh........

Ya Cunt !!!!

I was happily munching on a nice pastrami sandwich on home-made bread when I came across this.

I spent over an hour cleaning up the contents on my guts after seeing the image of that repulsive hing-oot.

:swearing: :swearing: :swearing:

Guest DustyDeviada
Yep,

Jade admitted that Shilpa was racially abused.

If you think Jade is a racist fair enough, even if you think she is not a racist, one thing is for certain. Jade is a bully.

I wonder if Jades heart sometimes stops when she forgets to breath?

I sure do agree with Del regarding Jades bf, he is like a non-ginger Steve Davis.

At least Steve Davis has (had?) talent.

The one thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that Big Brother is a pile of balls and the surge in ratings that this incident has caused will hopefully be an aberration and the show will die out before too long. There must be more important things for us to argue about on here. Mark Knopfler is better than Phil Collins - discuss. ;)

Guest inc18457

the saddest thing about all this is all you people who claim to hate her are giving her so much 'airtime'.

as so many of you have said, you wish that reality tv and the associated SCUM would go away. best way for that to happen is for everyone to ignore them/it as fully as possible. not have a 7 page argument about someone who is unanimously described in a variety of very negative ways.

just stop it.